Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1980 was a Friday and it was the 221st day of the year 1980. It was the 32nd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 324 days left before your next birthday. You will be 42 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,016 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,005 days or 13.70 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 508 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 16, 2012.
If a dog named Johnny - a Great Dane breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 233 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Johnny will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Johnny will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1898Alexis Minotis
- 1903Dayton Lummis
- 1910Sylvia Sidney
- 1922Rory Calhoun
- 1925Ginny Tyler
- 1935Donald P. Bellisario
- 1938Connie Stevens
- 1946Joe Bethancourt
- 1976Tawny Cypress
View the complete list of August 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1824Maria Alexandrovna, German-Russian wife of Alexander II of Russia (d. 1880)
- 1928Don Burrows, Australian saxophonist, clarinet player, and flute player
- 1933Joe Tex, American singer-songwriter (d. 1982)
- 1935Donald P. Bellisario, American director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1939Phil Balsley, American singer-songwriter (The Statler Brothers)
- 1963Rica Fukami, Japanese voice actress and singer
- 1977Lindsay Sloane, American actress
- 1988Princess Beatrice of York
- 1991Nélson Oliveira, Portuguese footballer
- 1998Shawn Mendes, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist
View the complete list of August 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Kelley’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1503King James IV of Scotland marries Margaret Tudor, daughter of King Henry VII of England at Holyrood Abbey in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- 1588Anglo-Spanish War: Battle of Gravelines: The naval engagement ends, ending the Spanish Armada’s attempt to invade England.
- 1605The city of Oulu, Finland, is founded by Charles IX of Sweden.
- 1793The insurrection of Lyon occurs during the French Revolution.
- 1844The Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, headed by Brigham Young, is reaffirmed as the leading body of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church).
- 1870The Republic of Ploiești, a failed Radical-Liberal rising against Domnitor Carol of Romania.
- 1940The “Aufbau Ost” directive is signed by Wilhelm Keitel.
- 1946First flight of the Convair B-36, the world’s first mass-produced nuclear weapon delivery vehicle, the heaviest mass-produced piston-engined aircraft, with the longest wingspan of any military aircraft, and the first bomber with intercontinental range.
- 1960South Kasai secedes from the Congo.
- 1988The “8888 Uprising” occurs in Burma.
View the complete list of August 8 historical events.
Curious about this Fiery Yellow Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Brian De Palma, Mandi Lampi, Jules Bass, Rocky Marciano, Gökhan Kırdar, Dylan Neal, Asami Mizukawa, David Lyons, A. M. Esmonde, Ronnie Montrose.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 8, 1980.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th August 1980 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 16, 1954. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +101. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 23, 1995. Your score is -116. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Magic by Olivia Newton-John as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 9, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern China approximately on 1350. Your profession was builder of roads, bridges, docks.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 8th August 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 8, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 221st day of 1980
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 32nd Friday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 324 days
- Age on next birthday: 42 years old
- Days since birth: 15,016 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,005 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.70 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 508
- Next full moon: September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 16, 2012
- Age in dog years: 233 dog years old using a Great Dane breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: September 16, 1954 (+101)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 23, 1995 (-116)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Magic by Olivia Newton-John (August 9, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.VIII.MCMLXXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 16, 1939 – Mac Curtis, American singer (d. 2013); November 29, 1974 – Lin Chi-ling, Taiwanese model and actress; May 16, 1950 – Ray Condo, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2004).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,048