Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 1989 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 1989 was a Tuesday and it was the 220th day of the year 1989. The next time you can reuse your old 1989 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 257 days left before your next birthday. You will be 29 years old when that day comes. There have been 10,335 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 350 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 3 at 15:49:00 GMT – Sunday.
If a dog named Gyro - a Great Pyrenees breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 167 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Gyro will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Gyro will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1898Alexis Minotis
- 1921Esther Williams
- 1921William Asher
- 1950Willie Hall
- 1962Kool Moe Dee
- 1973Scott Stapp
- 1975Mick Moss
- 1978Miho Shiraishi
- 1987Pierre Boulanger
- 1995Malin Reitan
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 8.
Did you know? It takes as little as 8 hours of one-on-one tutoring to improve a full letter grade, according to a nationwide poll of private tutors. Click here to search for a tutor today! More than 80,000 tutors in 300+ subjects. (Sponsored link; US only)
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1605Cecil Calvert, 2nd Baron Baltimore, English lawyer and politician, Governor of Newfoundland (d. 1675)
- 1720Carl Fredrik Pechlin, Swedish general and politician (d. 1796)
- 1922Rory Calhoun, American actor, producer, and screenwriter (d. 1999)
- 1930Joan Mondale, American wife of Walter Mondale, 32nd Second Lady of the United States (d. 2014)
- 1936Frank Howard, American baseball player and manager
- 1959Caroline Ansink, Dutch flute player, composer, and educator
- 1966John Hudek, American baseball player and coach
- 1973Jessica Calvello, American voice actress
- 1975Mick Moss, English singer-songwriter (Antimatter)
- 1986Pierre Garçon, American football player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 8.
Create unlimited collages for every occasion, big or small. Share online with animation and music, or print as heartfelt decor, keepsake cards, or frame-worthy gifts. Turn photos into art with Smilebox. It’s FREE - download now! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1576The cornerstone for Tycho Brahe’s Uraniborg observatory is laid on the island of Hven.
- 1863American Civil War: Following his defeat in the Battle of Gettysburg, General Robert E. Lee sends a letter of resignation to Confederate President Jefferson Davis (which is refused upon receipt).
- 1885More than 1.5 million people attend the funeral of Ulysses S. Grant in New York City.
- 1927The predecessor to the Philippine Stock Exchange opens.
- 1963Great Train Robbery: In England, a gang of 15 train robbers steal £2.6 million in bank notes.
- 1973Kim Dae-jung, a South Korean politician and later president of South Korea, is kidnapped.
- 1988The “8888 Uprising” occurs in Burma.
- 1991The Warsaw radio mast, at one time the tallest construction ever built, collapses.
- 2008A EuroCity express train en route from Kraków, Poland to Prague, Czech Republic strikes a part of a motorway bridge that had fallen onto the railroad track near Studénka railway station in the Czech Republic and derails, killing eight people and injuring 64 others.
- 2008Official ceremony of 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Bird’s Nest.
View the complete list of historical events for August 8.
Curious about this Rare Color Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8 and 1989 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Lauren Lee Smith, Aiko Itō, Britt Irvin, Miguel Sandoval, Christine Lakin, Abe Forsythe, Pete Townshend, Elena Paparizou, Big Walter Price, Alan Thicke.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Snake is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on August 8, 1989.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 12, 1989). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 12, 1969 – Graham Coxon, German-English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Blur); March 5, 1947 – Eddie Hodges, American actor and singer; March 13, 1940 – Candi Staton, American singer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,288