Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of August 2008 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 8, 2008 was a Friday and it was the 221st day of the year 2008. It was the 32nd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 2008 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 325 days left before your next birthday. You will be 14 years old when that day comes. There have been 4,788 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 1,596 days or 4.37 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 162 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on April 16, 2040.
If a dog named Chispa - a Boykin Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 78 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Chispa will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Chispa will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1920Leo Chiosso
- 1951Mamoru Oshii
- 1951Martin Brest
- 1956Cecilia Roth
- 1961Daniel House
- 1976Tawny Cypress
- 1981Bradley McIntosh
- 1981Harel Skaat
- 1981Kaori Iida
- 1983Guy Burnet
View the complete list of August 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 8.
- 1079Emperor Horikawa of Japan (d. 1107)
- 1889Hans Egede Budtz, Danish actor (d. 1968)
- 1951Louis van Gaal, Dutch footballer and manager
- 1955Branscombe Richmond, American actor, stuntman, and producer
- 1957Dennis Drew, American keyboard player (10,000 Maniacs)
- 1963Ron Karkovice, American baseball player and manager
- 1967Eric Angle, American wrestler
- 1977Lindsay Sloane, American actress
- 1984Martrez Milner, American football player
- 1990Vladimír Darida, Czech footballer
View the complete list of August 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jeffrey’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1576The cornerstone for Tycho Brahe’s Uraniborg observatory is laid on the island of Hven.
- 1585John Davis enters Cumberland Sound in search of the Northwest Passage.
- 1946First flight of the Convair B-36, the world’s first mass-produced nuclear weapon delivery vehicle, the heaviest mass-produced piston-engined aircraft, with the longest wingspan of any military aircraft, and the first bomber with intercontinental range.
- 1963Great Train Robbery: In England, a gang of 15 train robbers steal £2.6 million in bank notes.
- 1963The Zimbabwe African National Union (ZANU), the current ruling party of Zimbabwe, is formed by a split from the Zimbabwe African People’s Union.
- 1980The Central Hotel Fire occurs in Bundoran, Ireland.
- 1989Space Shuttle program: STS-28 Mission: Space Shuttle Columbia takes off on a secret five-day military mission.
- 2000Confederate submarine H.L. Hunley is raised to the surface after 136 years on the ocean floor and 30 years after its discovery by undersea explorer E. Lee Spence.
- 20102010 China floods: A mudslide in Zhugqu County, Gansu, China, kills more than 1,400 people.
- 20158 people are killed in a shooting in Houston, Texas.
View the complete list of August 8 historical events.
Curious about this Chocolate Chips? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 8, and 2008 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jean Alexander, Beauty Gonzalez, James Williamson, Jamal Mixon, Thore Skogman, Jane Campion, Yancy Butler, Gregg Edelman, Alexis Bledel, Rick Parfitt.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 8 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 8, 2008.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th August 2008 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on June 27, 1987. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +136. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 14, 2000. Your score is -151. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 6,709,049,780. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 9, 2008). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern India approximately on 1100. Your profession was builder of houses, temples, cathedrals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 137,464,471 babies were born throughout the world in the year 2008. The estimated number of babies born on 8th August 2008 is 375,586. That’s equivalent to 261 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Emma. This name was given to 18,809 baby girls. For the boys it’s Jacob. This name was recorded 22,591 times in the year 2008. Any chance you are Emma or Jacob? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 8, 2008. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 221st day of 2008
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 32nd Friday of 2008
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 325 days
- Age on next birthday: 14 years old
- Days since birth: 4,788 days
- Days spent sleeping: 1,596 days
- Years spent sleeping: 4.37 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 162
- Next full moon: September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 16, 2040
- Age in dog years: 78 dog years old using a Boykin Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: June 27, 1987 (+136)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 14, 2000 (-151)
- 2008 world population: 6,709,049,780
- Number one song: I Kissed a Girl by Katy Perry (August 9, 2008)
- Babies born in 2008: 137,464,471
- Babies born in 2008 every day: 375,586
- Babies born in 2008 every minute: 261
- Popular girl’s name: Emma – 18,809 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Jacob – 22,591 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.VIII.MMVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 12, 1956 – Herbert Grönemeyer, German singer-songwriter and actor; October 25, 1973 – Lamont Bentley, American actor and rapper (d. 2005); April 1, 1973 – Daryn Tufts, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,013