Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1928 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1928 was a Thursday and it was the 222nd day of the year 1928. It was the 32nd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1928 calendar will be in 2040. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 298 days left before your next birthday. You will be 91 years old when that day comes. There have been 32,939 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 10,980 days or 30.06 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,115 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 24 at 16:46:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 17, 1960.
If a dog named Marylin - a Boykin Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 425 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Marylin will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Marylin will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1928Dolores Wilson
- 1939Billy Henderson
- 1963Jay Leggett
- 1965Chin Ka-lok
- 1971Mark Povinelli
- 1971Nikki Ziering
- 1980Ryoo Seung-bum
- 1989Kento Ono
- 1990Bill Skarsgård
- 1991Candela Vetrano
View the complete list of August 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1696Joseph Wenzel I, Prince of Liechtenstein (d. 1772)
- 1788Adoniram Judson, American missionary and lexicographer (d. 1850)
- 1929Abdi İpekçi, Turkish journalist and activist (d. 1979)
- 1942Jack DeJohnette, American drummer, pianist, and composer
- 1944Sam Elliott, American actor and producer
- 1972A-mei, Taiwanese singer
- 1974Derek Fisher, American basketball player and coach
- 1982Yekaterina Samutsevich, Russian singer and activist (Pussy Riot)
- 1983Shane O'Brien, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985Chandler Williams, American football player (d. 2013)
View the complete list of August 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 48 BCCaesar’s Civil War: Battle of Pharsalus – Julius Caesar decisively defeats Pompey at Pharsalus and Pompey flees to Egypt.
- 378Gothic War: Battle of Adrianople – A large Roman army led by Emperor Valens is defeated by the Visigoths. Valens is killed along with over half of his army.
- 1483Opening of the Sistine Chapel in Rome with the celebration of a Mass.
- 1810Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- 1854Henry David Thoreau publishes Walden.
- 1877Indian Wars: Battle of the Big Hole – A small band of Nez Percé Indians clash with the United States Army
- 1925A train robbery takes place in Kakori, near Lucknow, India
- 1930Betty Boop makes her cartoon debut in Dizzy Dishes.
- 1936Summer Olympic Games: Games of the XI Olympiad – Jesse Owens wins his fourth gold medal at the games.
- 1945World War II: Nagasaki is devastated when an atomic bomb, Fat Man, is dropped by the United States B-29 Bockscar. 35,000 people are killed outright, including 23,200-28,200 Japanese war workers, 2,000 Korean forced workers, and 150 Japanese soldiers.
View the complete list of August 9 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Purple Rain Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9, and 1928 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ronald Lacey, Pia Degermark, Mina Ōba, Brian Krause, Tristán Ulloa, Pierre Renoir, Jack Wagner, Emi Wakui, Famke Janssen, Katherine Webb.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 9, 1928.
Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th August 1928 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 2, 1910. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +124. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 17, 1918. Your incompatibility score is -141. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Ireland approximately on 1475. Your profession was artist, magician, fortune teller.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable of understanding ancient books. Magical abilities, could be a servant of dark forces.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn to love and to trust the Universe. You are bound to think, study, reflect and develop inner wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 66,869 baby girls. For the boys it’s Robert. This name was recorded 60,696 times in the year 1928. Any chance you are Mary or Robert? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 9, 1928. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 222nd day of 1928
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 32nd Thursday of 1928
- Next same calendar year: 2040
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2020: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 298 days
- Age on next birthday: 91 years old
- Days since birth: 32,939 days
- Days spent sleeping: 10,980 days
- Years spent sleeping: 30.06 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,115
- Next full moon: October 24 at 16:46:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 17, 1960
- Age in dog years: 425 dog years old using a Boykin Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: December 2, 1910 (+124)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 17, 1918 (-141)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 66,869 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Robert – 60,696 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 25, 1976 – Eric Roberson, American singer-songwriter and producer; May 21, 1928 – Alice Drummond, American actress; March 4, 1977 – Mike Kinsella, American singer and guitarist (Joan of Arc, Cap'n Jazz, and American Football).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,719