Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1942 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 6 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1942 was a Sunday and it was the 221st day of the year 1942. The next time you can reuse your old 1942 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 357 days left before your next birthday. You will be 77 years old when that day comes. There have been 27,767 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth then you have slept a total of 9,256 days or 25 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 940 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 26 at 11:58:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 17, 1974.
If a dog named Weber - a Australian Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 324 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Weber will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Weber will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1939Billy Henderson
- 1939The Mighty Hannibal
- 1942David Steinberg
- 1965Chin Ka-lok
- 1968Gillian Anderson
- 1971Mark Povinelli
- 1972Ryan Bollman
- 1973Kevin McKidd
- 1986Rafaela Zanella
- 1990Bill Skarsgård
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for August 9.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1776Amedeo Avogadro, Italian physicist and chemist (d. 1856)
- 1805Joseph Locke, English engineer and politician (d. 1860)
- 1914Joe Mercer, English footballer and manager (d. 1990)
- 1951Steve Swisher, American baseball player and manager
- 1964Hoda Kotb, American journalist and talk show host
- 1977Adewale Ogunleye, American football player
- 1978Daniela Denby-Ashe, English actress
- 1981Jarvis Hayes, American basketball player
- 1983Ashley Johnson, American actress and singer
- 1993Rydel Lynch, American singer and actress (R5)
View the complete list of famous birthdays for August 9.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 378Gothic War: Battle of Adrianople – A large Roman army led by Emperor Valens is defeated by the Visigoths. Valens is killed along with over half of his army.
- 1610The First Anglo-Powhatan War begins in colonial Virginia.
- 1810Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- 1854Henry David Thoreau publishes Walden.
- 1892Thomas Edison receives a patent for a two-way telegraph.
- 1902Edward VII and Alexandra of Denmark are crowned King and Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.
- 1914Start of the Battle of Mulhouse, part of a French attempt to recover the province of Alsace and the first French offensive of World War I.
- 1965Singapore is expelled from Malaysia and becomes the only country to date to gain independence unwillingly.
- 1969Followers led by Charles Manson murder pregnant actress Sharon Tate (wife of Roman Polanski), coffee heiress Abigail Folger, Polish actor Wojciech Frykowski, men’s hairstylist Jay Sebring and recent high-school graduate Steven Parent.
- 2013Gunmen open fire at a Sunni mosque in the city of Quetta killing at least 10 people and injuring 30.
View the complete list of historical events for August 9.
Curious about this Choco Bubble Cube? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9 and 1942 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Louis Jouvet, Sarah Solemani, Matt Heafy, Daniella Cicarelli, Nia Vardalos, Lex Barker, Frank Marshall, Lyman Ward, Bruce Campbell, Nikos Karvelas.
The zodiac sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Water is the element of a person born on August 9, 1942.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Leo horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Africa approximately on 1725. Your profession was dancer, singer, actor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 5, 1924 – Sam Phillips, American record producer, founded Sun Records (d. 2003); September 17, 1960 – Kevin Clash, American voice actor and puppeteer; October 17, 1971 – Chris Kirkpatrick, American singer-songwriter, dancer, and actor ('N Sync).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,299