Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1961 was a Wednesday and it was the 221st day of the year 1961. It was the 32nd Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 322 days left before your next birthday. You will be 61 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,958 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,319 days or 20.04 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 744 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 17, 1993.
If a dog named Cody Sanchez - a Scottish Deerhound breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 325 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Cody Sanchez will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Cody Sanchez will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1959Kurtis Blow
- 1965Chin Ka-lok
- 1968Carmi Martin
- 1970Thomas Lennon
- 1974Nicola Stapleton
- 1975Mahesh Babu
- 1976Aled Haydn Jones
- 1976Jessica Capshaw
- 1983Ashley Johnson
- 1985Haruka Kinami
View the complete list of August 9 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1757Thomas Telford, Scottish architect and engineer, designed the Menai Suspension Bridge (d. 1834)
- 1909Vinayaka Krishna Gokak, Indian scholar, author, and academic (d. 1992)
- 1928Camilla Wicks, American violinist and educator
- 1958Calie Pistorius, South African engineer and academic
- 1959Stuart Hughes, Canadian actor
- 1968McG, American director and producer
- 1970Thomas Lennon, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1973Kevin McKidd, Scottish actor and director
- 1989Jason Heyward, American baseball player
- 1991Young Thug, American rapper
View the complete list of August 9 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EDTXSCEAEC? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EDTXSCEAEC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1173Construction of the campanile of the Cathedral of Pisa (now known as the Leaning Tower of Pisa) begins; it will take two centuries to complete.
- 1329Quilon, the first Indian Christian Diocese, is erected by Pope John XXII; the French-born Jordanus is appointed the first Bishop.
- 1500Ottoman–Venetian War (1499–1503): The Ottomans capture Methoni, Messenia.
- 1810Napoleon annexes Westphalia as part of the First French Empire.
- 1842The Webster–Ashburton Treaty is signed, establishing the United States–Canada border east of the Rocky Mountains.
- 1914Start of the Battle of Mulhouse, part of a French attempt to recover the province of Alsace and the first French offensive of World War I.
- 1930Betty Boop makes her cartoon debut in Dizzy Dishes.
- 1993The Liberal Democratic Party of Japan loses a 38-year hold on national leadership.
- 2006At least 21 suspected terrorists were arrested in the 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot that happened in the United Kingdom. The arrests were made in London, Birmingham, and High Wycombe in an overnight operation.
- 2013Gunmen open fire at a Sunni mosque in the city of Quetta killing at least 10 people and injuring 30.
View the complete list of August 9 historical events.
Curious about this Empyrean Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9, and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: James Remar, Iman, Georges St-Pierre, Thongchai McIntyre, Allan Carr, Nancy Parsons, Elisabeth Röhm, Louise Roe, Petra Marklund, Jimmy Aggrey.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on August 9, 1961.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th August 1961 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 7, 1950. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +111. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 20, 1940. Your score is -140. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,083,966,929. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 14, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 1150. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 109,557,830 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1961. The estimated number of babies born on 9th August 1961 is 300,158. That’s equivalent to 208 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 47,676 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 86,922 times in the year 1961. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man August 9” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 9, 1961. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 221st day of 1961
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 32nd Wednesday of 1961
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 322 days
- Age on next birthday: 61 years old
- Days since birth: 21,958 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,319 days
- Years spent sleeping: 20.04 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 744
- Next full moon: October 20 at 14:58:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 17, 1993
- Age in dog years: 325 dog years old using a Scottish Deerhound breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: July 7, 1950 (+111)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 20, 1940 (-140)
- 1961 world population: 3,083,966,929
- Number one song: Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis (August 14, 1961)
- Babies born in 1961: 109,557,830
- Babies born in 1961 every day: 300,158
- Babies born in 1961 every minute: 208
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 47,676 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 86,922 babies
- Roman numerals: IX.VIII.MCMLXI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 8, 1966 – Sinéad O'Connor, Irish singer-songwriter; December 30, 1947 – Michael Burns, American actor and historian; September 23, 1977 – Rachael Yamagata, American singer-songwriter and pianist.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,078