Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of August 1968 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
August 9, 1968 was a Friday and it was the 222nd day of the year 1968. It was the 32nd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1968 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 174 days left before your next birthday. You will be 51 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,453 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,151 days or 16.84 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 624 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on April 17, 2000.
If a dog named Taters - a Pocket Beagle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 220 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Taters will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Taters will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1939Bulle Ogier
- 1947Barbara Mason
- 1953Roberta Tovey
- 1959Stuart Hughes
- 1963Whitney Houston
- 1973Kevin McKidd
- 1975Mahesh Babu
- 1976Mark Priestley
- 1986Tyler "Telle" Smith
- 1991Hansika Motwani
View the complete list of August 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Aug 9.
- 1776Amedeo Avogadro, Italian physicist and chemist (d. 1856)
- 1902Zino Francescatti, French violinist (d. 1991)
- 1911William Alfred Fowler, American astronomer and astrophysicist, Nobel Laureate (d. 1996)
- 1915Mareta West, American astronomer and geologist (d. 1998)
- 1931James Freeman Gilbert, American geophysicist and academic (d. 2014)
- 1944Patrick Depailler, French race car driver (d. 1980)
- 1978Dorin Chirtoacă, Moldavian lawyer and politician, Mayor of Chișinău
- 1985Luca Filippi, Italian race car driver
- 1990Adelaide Kane, Australian actress
- 1991Young Thug, American rapper
View the complete list of August 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1483Opening of the Sistine Chapel in Rome with the celebration of a Mass.
- 1842The Webster–Ashburton Treaty is signed, establishing the United States–Canada border east of the Rocky Mountains.
- 1854Henry David Thoreau publishes Walden.
- 1907The first Boy Scout encampment concludes at Brownsea Island in southern England.
- 1914Start of the Battle of Mulhouse, part of a French attempt to recover the province of Alsace and the first French offensive of World War I.
- 1930Betty Boop makes her cartoon debut in Dizzy Dishes.
- 1965Singapore is expelled from Malaysia and becomes the only country to date to gain independence unwillingly.
- 1971The Troubles: The British Army in Northern Ireland launches Operation Demetrius. Hundreds of people are arrested and interned, thousands are displaced, and twenty are killed in the violence that followed.
- 1999Russian President Boris Yeltsin fires his Prime Minister, Sergei Stepashin, and for the fourth time fires his entire cabinet.
- 2013Gunmen open fire at a Sunni mosque in the city of Quetta killing at least 10 people and injuring 30.
View the complete list of August 9 historical events.
Curious about this Royal Purple Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 8, 9, and 1968 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Lembit Ulfsak, Marj Dusay, Lisette Oropesa, Kevin Conway, Polly Draper, Frank Bank, Gao Yuanyuan, Andi Eigenmann, John Dehner, Ciara Hanna.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on August 9 is Leo ♌ (The Lion) – a fixed sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Sun – the center of our universe. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on August 9, 1968.
Peridot is the modern birthstone for the month of August while Diamond is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Leo is onyx. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th August 1968 is Poppy for preparedness.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 30, 1959. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +130. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 8, 1942. Your incompatibility score is -139. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,562,313,822. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Hello, I Love You by The Doors as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (August 10, 1968). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Borneo approximately on 750. Your profession was handicraftsman, mechanic.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 120,171,727 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1968. The estimated number of babies born on 9th August 1968 is 328,338. That’s equivalent to 228 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Lisa. This name was given to 49,532 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 82,006 times in the year 1968. Any chance you are Lisa or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about August 9, 1968. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 222nd day of 1968
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 32nd Friday of 1968
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 174 days
- Age on next birthday: 51 years old
- Days since birth: 18,453 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,151 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.84 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 624
- Next full moon: February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on April 17, 2000
- Age in dog years: 220 dog years old using a Pocket Beagle breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Leo ♌ (The Lion)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Sun – the center of our universe
- Western zodiac gemstone: Onyx
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Peridot
- Mystical birthstone: Diamond (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Poppy for preparedness
- Best compatible birthday: December 30, 1959 (+130)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 8, 1942 (-139)
- 1968 world population: 3,562,313,822
- Number one song: Hello, I Love You by The Doors (August 10, 1968)
- Babies born in 1968: 120,171,727
- Babies born in 1968 every day: 328,338
- Babies born in 1968 every minute: 228
- Popular girl’s name: Lisa – 49,532 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 82,006 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 8, 1903 – Greta Keller, Austrian-American singer and actress (d. 1977); July 20, 1978 – Charlie Korsmo, American actor and lawyer; June 29, 1984 – Paula Peralejo, Filipino actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,794