Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of December 1983 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
December 17, 1983 was a Saturday and it was the 351st day of the year 1983. It was the 51st Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1983 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 188 days left before your next birthday. You will be 38 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,692 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,564 days or 12.50 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 464 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on August 25, 2015.
If a dog named Taz - a Standard Schnauzer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 186 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Taz will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Taz will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1893Erwin Piscator
- 1910Sy Oliver
- 1926Patrice Wymore
- 1930Armin Mueller-Stahl
- 1936Rosemary Martin
- 1956Peter Farrelly
- 1979Ryan Key
- 1981Rena Takeshita
- 1988Rin Takanashi
View the complete list of December 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 17.
- 1920Kenneth E. Iverson, Canadian computer scientist, developed the APL programming language (d. 2004)
- 1926John Hans Krebs, American lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- 1936Pope Francis
- 1940María Elena Velasco, Mexican actress, singer, director, and screenwriter (d. 2015)
- 1945Chris Matthews, American journalist and author
- 1967Vincent Damphousse, Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- 1969Inna Lasovskaya, Russian triple jumper
- 1972John Abraham, Indian actor and producer
- 1973Eddie Ray Fisher, American drummer (OneRepublic)
- 1984Andrew Davies, English footballer
View the complete list of December 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gail’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1812War of 1812: U.S. forces attack a Lenape village in the Battle of the Mississinewa.
- 1813The Sûreté Nationale, the national police force of France, is founded, headed by Eugène François Vidocq.
- 1819Simón Bolívar declares the independence of Gran Colombia in Angostura (now Ciudad Bolívar in Venezuela).
- 1862American Civil War: General Ulysses S. Grant issues General Order No. 11, expelling Jews from parts of Tennessee, Mississippi, and Kentucky.
- 1926Antanas Smetona assumes power in Lithuania as the 1926 coup d'état is successful.
- 1938Otto Hahn discovers the nuclear fission of the heavy element uranium, the scientific and technological basis of nuclear energy.
- 1943All Chinese are again permitted to become citizens of the United States with the repealing of the Act of 1882 and the introduction of the Magnuson Act.
- 1944World War II: Battle of the Bulge – Malmedy massacre – American 285th Field Artillery Observation Battalion POWs are shot by Waffen-SS Kampfgruppe Peiper.
- 19601960 Munich C-131 crash: Twenty passengers and crew on board as well as 32 people on the ground are killed.
- 2005Anti-World Trade Organization protesters riot in Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
View the complete list of December 17 historical events.
Curious about this Duhat Sprinkle? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 17, and 1983 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Ramanand Sagar, Jeremy Irons, Greg Cipes, Ray Wilson, Percy Sledge, Robert Paquette, Derek Hammond-Stroud, Park Chan-wook, Stephen McGann, Connie Britton.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 17 is Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer) – a mutable sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on December 17, 1983.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th December 1983 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 19, 1987. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +117. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 29, 1969. Your score is -145. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,695,736,743. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Say Say Say by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 17, 1983). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA North-East approximately on 1500. Your profession was designer, engineering, craftsman.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 131,547,856 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1983. The estimated number of babies born on 17th December 1983 is 360,405. That’s equivalent to 250 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 54,342 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,995 times in the year 1983. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man December 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 17, 1983. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 351st day of 1983
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 51st Saturday of 1983
- Next same calendar year: 2022
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2023: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 188 days
- Age on next birthday: 38 years old
- Days since birth: 13,692 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,564 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.50 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 464
- Next full moon: June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on August 25, 2015
- Age in dog years: 186 dog years old using a Standard Schnauzer breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion
- Western zodiac gemstone: Topaz
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: August 19, 1987 (+117)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 29, 1969 (-145)
- 1983 world population: 4,695,736,743
- Number one song: Say Say Say by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson (December 17, 1983)
- Babies born in 1983: 131,547,856
- Babies born in 1983 every day: 360,405
- Babies born in 1983 every minute: 250
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 54,342 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,995 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.XII.MCMLXXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 21, 1959 – Rose McDowall, Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Strawberry Switchblade, Spell, and Current 93); October 25, 1952 – Mollie O'Brien, American singer and guitarist; August 7, 1975 – Koray Candemir, Turkish singer-songwriter, producer, and actor (Kargo).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,108