Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 21st of December 1978 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
December 21, 1978 was a Thursday and it was the 355th day of the year 1978. It was the 51st Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1978 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 164 days left before your next birthday. You will be 42 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,177 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,059 days or 13.85 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 514 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 3 at 16:00:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on August 29, 2010.
If a dog named Mr.Wigles - a Stabyhoun breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 204 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Mr.Wigles will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Mr.Wigles will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1903Maria Balcerkiewiczówna
- 1942Reinhard Mey
- 1950Jeffrey Katzenberg
- 1955Jane Kaczmarek
- 1966Kiefer Sutherland
- 1972Erwin Schrott
- 1976Lukas Rossi
- 1986Rachel Shenton
- 1987Ryza Cenon
View the complete list of December 21 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 21.
- 1890Hermann Joseph Muller, American geneticist and biologist, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1967)
- 1917Diana Athill, English author
- 1925Olga Aroseva, Russian actress (d. 2013)
- 1950Jeffrey Katzenberg, American screenwriter and producer, co-founded DreamWorks Animation
- 1951Nick Gilder, English-Canadian singer-songwriter (Sweeney Todd)
- 1953Betty Wright, American singer-songwriter
- 1966Martin Bayfield, English rugby player, actor, and stuntman
- 1969Mihails Zemļinskis, Latvian footballer, coach, and manager
- 1976Lukas Rossi, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Rock Star Supernova and Daylight Division)
- 1984Andrea Jeremiah, Indian actress and singer
View the complete list of December 21 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Maria’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1620Plymouth Colony: William Bradford and the Mayflower Pilgrims land on what is now known as Plymouth Rock in Plymouth, Massachusetts.
- 1879World première of Henrik Ibsen’s A Doll’s House at the Royal Theatre in Copenhagen, Denmark.
- 1919American anarchist Emma Goldman is deported to Russia.
- 1946An 8.1 Mw earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Nankaidō, Japan, kills over 1,300 people and destroys over 38,000 homes.
- 1967Louis Washkansky, the first man to undergo a heart transplant, dies in Cape Town, South Africa, having lived for 18 days after the transplant.
- 1969The United Nations adopts the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.
- 1973The Geneva Conference on the Arab–Israeli conflict opens.
- 1979Lancaster House Agreement: An independence agreement for Rhodesia is signed in London by Lord Peter Carrington, Sir Ian Gilmour, Robert Mugabe, Joshua Nkomo, Bishop Abel Muzorewa and S.C. Mundawarara.
- 1988A bomb explodes on board Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland, killing 270.
- 1992A Dutch DC-10, flight Martinair MP 495, crashes at Faro Airport, killing 56.
View the complete list of December 21 historical events.
Curious about this Passion Fruit Butter Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 21, and 1978 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Aya Cash, Chrisette Michele, Alan Davies, David Lander, Measha Brueggergosman, Amanda Bynes, Michelle Monaghan, John Farnham, Diedrich Bader, Lee Majors.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 21 is Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer) – a mutable sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Horse is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on December 21, 1978.
Did you know? Born on a cusp — or the borderline between two signs — describes a person whose birthday is December 21. Cuspers can be a blend of both signs. Sometimes a Sagittarius, sometimes a Capricorn, and sometimes both! If you know your approximate time and place of birth, then no worries. You can find your “official” zodiac sign by generating a free natal chart .
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 21st December 1978 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 8, 1967. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +133. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 7, 2002. Your score is -130. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,304,105,753. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Le Freak by Chic as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 23, 1978). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 1850. Your profession was digger, undertaker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 122,638,528 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1978. The estimated number of babies born on 21st December 1978 is 335,996. That’s equivalent to 233 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,323 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,158 times in the year 1978. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man December 21” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 21, 1978. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 355th day of 1978
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 51st Thursday of 1978
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2022: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 164 days
- Age on next birthday: 42 years old
- Days since birth: 15,177 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,059 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.85 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 514
- Next full moon: August 3 at 16:00:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on August 29, 2010
- Age in dog years: 204 dog years old using a Stabyhoun breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion
- Western zodiac gemstone: Topaz
- Eastern zodiac animal: Horse
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: July 8, 1967 (+133)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 7, 2002 (-130)
- 1978 world population: 4,304,105,753
- Number one song: Le Freak by Chic (December 23, 1978)
- Babies born in 1978: 122,638,528
- Babies born in 1978 every day: 335,996
- Babies born in 1978 every minute: 233
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,323 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,158 babies
- Roman numerals: XXI.XII.MCMLXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 24, 1943 – Subhash Ghai, Indian director, producer, and screenwriter; June 21, 1981 – Brandon Flowers, American singer-songwriter (The Killers); March 15, 1910 – Nick Stewart, American actor and singer (d. 2000).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,134