Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 24th of December 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
December 24, 1980 was a Wednesday and it was the 359th day of the year 1980. It was the 52nd Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 311 days left before your next birthday. You will be 39 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,933 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,644 days or 12.72 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 471 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 1, 2012.
If a dog named Chupa - a Coton de Tulear breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 172 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Chupa will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Chupa will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1893Ruth Chatterton
- 1924Mohammed Rafi
- 1953Timothy Carhart
- 1977Gil Seong-joon
- 1982Masaki Aiba
- 1982Robert Coppola Schwartzman
- 1986Satomi Ishihara
- 1993Mariya Nishiuchi
- 2000Ethan Bortnick
View the complete list of December 24 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 24.
- 3 BCGalba, Roman emperor (d. 69)
- 1837Cosima Wagner, German daughter of Franz Liszt (d. 1930)
- 1875Émile Wegelin, French rower (d. 1962)
- 1882Hans Rebane, Estonian journalist and politician, 8th Estonian Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 1961)
- 1920Franco Lucentini, Italian author and screenwriter (d. 2002)
- 1936Ivan Lawrence, English lawyer and politician
- 1945Lemmy, English singer-songwriter, bass player, and actor (Motörhead, Hawkwind, The Head Cat, and The Rockin' Vickers)
- 1950Dana Gioia, American poet and critic
- 1963Neil Turbin, American singer-songwriter (Anthrax and Deathriders)
- 1986Riyo Mori, Japanese model and dancer, Miss Universe 2007
View the complete list of December 24 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 640Pope John IV is elected.
- 759Tang dynasty poet Du Fu departs for Chengdu, where he is hosted by fellow poet Pei Di.
- 1777Kiritimati, also called Christmas Island, is discovered by James Cook.
- 1865The Ku Klux Klan is formed.
- 1911Lackawanna Cut-Off railway line opens in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
- 1969Nigerian troops capture Umuahia, the last Biafran capital before its dissolution became Owerri
- 1999Indian Airlines Flight 814 hijacked in Indian airspace between Kathmandu, Nepal, and Delhi, India; aircraft eventually landed at Kandahar, Afghanistan. Ordeal ended on December 31 with the release of 190 survivors (one passenger killed).
- 2000The Texas Seven hold up a sports store in Irving, Texas. Police officer Aubrey Hawkins is murdered during the robbery.
- 2005Chad–Sudan relations: Chad declares a state of war against Sudan following a December 18 attack on Adré, which left about 100 people dead.
- 2008Lord’s Resistance Army, a Ugandan rebel group, begins a series of attacks on Democratic Republic of the Congo, massacring more than 400.
View the complete list of December 24 historical events.
Curious about this Beautyberry Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 24, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: James Karen, Harris Yulin, Rolv Wesenlund, Jake Abel, Mina Caputo, Im Yoona, Connie Francis, Ali Farka Touré, AJ Dee, Ellen Wheeler.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 24 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on December 24, 1980.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 24th December 1980 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 27, 1957. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +141. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 23, 1990. Your incompatibility score is -138. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 27, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Wales approximately on 725. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, bard.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those, who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 24th December 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 24, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 359th day of 1980
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 52nd Wednesday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2021: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 311 days
- Age on next birthday: 39 years old
- Days since birth: 13,933 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,644 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.72 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 471
- Next full moon: February 19 at 15:54:00 GMT – Tuesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 1, 2012
- Age in dog years: 172 dog years old using a Coton de Tulear breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: July 27, 1957 (+141)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 23, 1990 (-138)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: (Just Like) Starting Over by John Lennon (December 27, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 14, 1933 – Siân Phillips, Welsh actress and singer; September 9, 1923 – Jimmy Perry, English actor, singer, and screenwriter; March 4, 1975 – Brian McGuire, American actor, director, producer, and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,882