Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of December 1979 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
December 8, 1979 was a Saturday and it was the 342nd day of the year 1979. It was the 49th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1979 calendar will be in 2029. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 360 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,616 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,872 days or 13.34 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 495 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on January 10 at 19:23:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on August 16, 2011.
If a dog named Kahleya - a Bracco Italiano breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 228 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Kahleya will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Kahleya will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1916Richard Fleischer
- 1922Jean Ritchie
- 1925Sammy Davis, Jr.
- 1943Jim Morrison
- 1949Ray Shulman
- 1953Sam Kinison
- 1958Thongchai McIntyre
- 1963Greg Howe
- 1986Kate Voegele
- 1989Jen Ledger
View the complete list of December 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 8.
- 1916Richard Fleischer, American director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2006)
- 1943Jim Morrison, American singer-songwriter and poet (The Doors and Rick & the Ravens) (d. 1971)
- 1943Larry Martin, American paleontologist and ornithologist (d. 2013)
- 1952Steve Atkinson, English cricketer
- 1957James Cama, American martial artist and educator (d. 2014)
- 1966Sinéad O'Connor, Irish singer-songwriter
- 1977Sébastien Chabal, French rugby player
- 1979Raymond Lam, Chinese actor and singer
- 1982Halil Altıntop, Turkish footballer
- 1985Josh Donaldson, American baseball player
View the complete list of December 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Cecilia’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 395Later Yan is defeated by its former vassal Northern Wei at the Battle of Canhe Slope.
- 1432The first battle between the forces of Švitrigaila and Sigismund Kęstutaitis is fought near the town of Oszmiana (Ashmyany), launching the most active phase of the Lithuanian Civil War.
- 1912Leaders of the German Empire hold an Imperial War Council to discuss the possibility that war might break out.
- 1962Workers at four New York City newspapers (this later increases to nine) go on strike for 114 days.
- 1963Pan Am Flight 214, a Boeing 707, is struck by lightning and crashes near Elkton, Maryland, killing all 81 people on board.
- 1966The Greek ship SS Heraklion sinks in a storm in the Aegean Sea, killing over 200.
- 1974A plebiscite results in the abolition of monarchy in Greece.
- 1987The Alianza Lima air disaster occurs.
- 1991The leaders of Russia, Belarus and Ukraine sign an agreement dissolving the Soviet Union and establishing the Commonwealth of Independent States.
- 1998Eighty-one people are killed by armed groups in Algeria.
View the complete list of December 8 historical events.
Curious about this Cherry Choco Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 8, and 1979 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Dabney Coleman, Arlene Martel, Bernard Pivot, Marie Osborne Yeats, Marisol Malaret, Steve Cropper, Janet Jones, John Hurt, Sarah Walker, Caroline Ellis.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 8 is Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer) – a mutable sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on December 8, 1979.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th December 1979 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 26, 1975. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +107. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 1, 1973. Your score is -141. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,379,013,942. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Babe by Styx as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 8, 1979). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of New Guinea approximately on 1050. Your profession was medicine man, surgeon, herbalist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 123,688,258 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1979. The estimated number of babies born on 8th December 1979 is 338,872. That’s equivalent to 235 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,718 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,733 times in the year 1979. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man December 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 8, 1979. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 342nd day of 1979
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 49th Saturday of 1979
- Next same calendar year: 2029
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2021: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 360 days
- Age on next birthday: 41 years old
- Days since birth: 14,616 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,872 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.34 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 495
- Next full moon: January 10 at 19:23:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on August 16, 2011
- Age in dog years: 228 dog years old using a Bracco Italiano breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion
- Western zodiac gemstone: Topaz
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: December 26, 1975 (+107)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 1, 1973 (-141)
- 1979 world population: 4,379,013,942
- Number one song: Babe by Styx (December 8, 1979)
- Babies born in 1979: 123,688,258
- Babies born in 1979 every day: 338,872
- Babies born in 1979 every minute: 235
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,718 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,733 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.XII.MCMLXXIX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 31, 1921 – Mario Lanza, American tenor and actor (d. 1959); January 22, 1940 – John Hurt, English actor and singer; December 1, 1970 – Julie Condra, American actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,086