Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of December 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
December 9, 1961 was a Saturday and it was the 343rd day of the year 1961. It was the 49th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 73 days left before your next birthday. You will be 59 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,477 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,159 days or 19.60 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 727 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 1 at 21:06:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on August 17, 1993.
If a dog named Corrio - a Polish Lowland Sheepdog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 281 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Corrio will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Corrio will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1897Hermione Gingold
- 1932Billy Edd Wheeler
- 1938John Braheny
- 1941Dan Hicks
- 1945Matti Mäntylä
- 1961Joe Lando
- 1968Kurt Angle
- 1969Jakob Dylan
- 1969Sebastian Spence
- 1989Elle Evans
View the complete list of December 9 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Dec 9.
- 1871Joe Kelley, American baseball player and manager (d. 1943)
- 1887Tim Moore, American actor (d. 1958)
- 1925Roy Rubin, American basketball player and coach (d. 2013)
- 1926Roger McGee, American actor (d. 2013)
- 1929Bob Hawke, Australian politician, 23rd Prime Minister of Australia
- 1944Bob O'Connor, American politician, 57th Mayor of Pittsburgh (d. 2006)
- 1954Herman Finkers, Dutch comedian and actor
- 1966Michael Foster, American drummer (FireHouse)
- 1984Leon Hall, American football player
- 1995McKayla Maroney, American gymnast
View the complete list of December 9 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AUIJTDAA? Check your answers here: Words with these letters AUIJTDAA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 536Gothic War: The Byzantine general Belisarius enters Rome unopposed; the Gothic garrison flee the capital.
- 1851The first YMCA in North America is established in Montreal.
- 1856The Iranian city of Bushehr surrenders to occupying British forces.
- 1872In Louisiana, P. B. S. Pinchback becomes the first serving African-American governor of a U.S. state.
- 1905In France, the law separating church and state is passed.
- 1917World War I: Field Marshal Allenby captures Jerusalem, Palestine.
- 1935Walter Liggett, American newspaper editor and muckraker, is killed in a gangland murder.
- 1946The Constituent Assembly of India meets for the first time to write the Constitution of India.
- 1965Kecksburg UFO incident: A fireball is seen from Michigan to Pennsylvania; witnesses report something crashing in the woods near Pittsburgh. In 2005 NASA admits that it examined the object.
- 1988The Michael Hughes Bridge in Sligo, Ireland, is officially opened.
View the complete list of December 9 historical events.
Curious about this Triple Strawberry Special? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 12, 9, and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Bob Haymes, Clifton Webb, Khaled, Nancy Travis, Raoul Walsh, Mark Lanegan, Maeve Quinlan, Jay O. Sanders, Mickie James, Samantha Jade.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on December 9 is Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer) – a mutable sign with Fire as Western element. The ruling planet is Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on December 9, 1961.
Turquoise is the modern birthstone for the month of December while Onyx is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Sagittarius is topaz. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th December 1961 is Holly for precious moments.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on June 26, 1951. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +169. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 21, 1966. Your score is -182. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,083,966,929. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (December 11, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern England approximately on 1850. Your profession was digger, undertaker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 109,557,830 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1961. The estimated number of babies born on 9th December 1961 is 300,158. That’s equivalent to 208 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 47,676 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 86,922 times in the year 1961. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man December 9” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about December 9, 1961. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 343rd day of 1961
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 49th Saturday of 1961
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2022: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 73 days
- Age on next birthday: 59 years old
- Days since birth: 21,477 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,159 days
- Years spent sleeping: 19.60 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 727
- Next full moon: October 1 at 21:06:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on August 17, 1993
- Age in dog years: 281 dog years old using a Polish Lowland Sheepdog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 2 – It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
- Western zodiac sign: Sagittarius ♐ (The Archer)
- Western zodiac element: Fire
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Jupiter – the planet of luck and expansion
- Western zodiac gemstone: Topaz
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Turquoise
- Mystical birthstone: Onyx (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Holly for precious moments
- Best compatible birthday: June 26, 1951 (+169)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 21, 1966 (-182)
- 1961 world population: 3,083,966,929
- Number one song: Please Mr. Postman by The Marvelettes (December 11, 1961)
- Babies born in 1961: 109,557,830
- Babies born in 1961 every day: 300,158
- Babies born in 1961 every minute: 208
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 47,676 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 86,922 babies
- Roman numerals: IX.XII.MCMLXI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 8, 1949 – Niels Arestrup, French actor, director, and screenwriter; August 27, 1971 – Julian Cheung, Hong Kong actor and singer; June 17, 1947 – Paul Young, English singer-songwriter (Sad Café and Mike + The Mechanics) (d. 2000).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,099