Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of January 2020 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 1, 2020 was a Wednesday and it was the 1st day of the year 2020. It was the 1st Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 2020 calendar will be in 2048. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 237 days left before your next birthday. You will be 2 years old when that day comes. There have been 494 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 165 days or 0.45 year. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 17 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on September 9, 2051.
If a dog named Orange - a Pyrenean Shepherd breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 24 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Orange will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Orange will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1923Valentina Cortese
- 1932Leman Çıdamlı
- 1952İbrahim Tatlıses
- 1953Alpha Blondy
- 1956Kōji Yakusho
- 1970Kimberly Page
- 1979Koichi Domoto
- 1980Elin Nordegren
- 1986Colin Morgan
- 1988Ghazala Javed
View the complete list of January 1 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 1.
- 1833Robert Lawson, New Zealand architect, designed the Otago Boys’ High School and Knox Church (d. 1902)
- 1867Mary Ackworth Evershed, English astronomer and Dante scholar (d. 1949)
- 1912Nikiforos Vrettakos, Greek poet and academic (d. 1991)
- 1942Gennadi Sarafanov, Russian colonel, pilot, and astronaut (d. 2005)
- 1946Shelby Steele, American journalist, author, and director
- 1950Deepa Mehta, Indian-Canadian director and screenwriter
- 1951Prospero Gallinari, Italian terrorist (d. 2013)
- 1961Sam Backo, Australian rugby player
- 1968Felix Chong, Hong Kong actor, director, and screenwriter
- 1983Emi Kobayashi, Japanese model and actress
View the complete list of January 1 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Olive’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 69The Roman legions in Germania Superior refuse to swear loyalty to Galba. They rebel and proclaim Vitellius as emperor.
- 1527Croatian nobles elect Ferdinand I of Austria as King of Croatia in the Parliament on Cetin.
- 1773The hymn that became known as “Amazing Grace”, then titled “1 Chronicles 17:16–17” is first used to accompany a sermon led by John Newton in the town of Olney, England.
- 1803Emperor Gia Long orders all bronze wares of the Tây Sơn dynasty to be collected and melted into nine cannons for the Royal Citadel in Huế, Vietnam.
- 1804French rule ends in Haiti. Haiti becomes the first black republic and second independent country in North America after the United States
- 1833The United Kingdom claims sovereignty over the Falkland Islands.
- 1885Twenty-five nations adopt Sandford Fleming’s proposal for standard time (and also, time zones)
- 1977Charter 77 published its first document.
- 1997Ghanaian diplomat Kofi Annan is appointed Secretary-General of the United Nations.
- 2011Estonia becomes the 17th member of the Eurozone.
View the complete list of January 1 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Bubble Cube? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 1, and 2020 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Donald Moffat, Jean Ferrat, Phil Spector, Eric Christian Olsen, Raven Goodwin, Roy Jones, Jr., Jörn Schlönvoigt, Gale Harold, John Cameron Swayze, Gil Seong-joon.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 1 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 1, 2020.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 1st January 2020 is Carnation for friendship.
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern England approximately on 1450. Your profession was designer, engineering, craftsman.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 1” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 1, 2020. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 1st day of 2020
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 1st Wednesday of 2020
- Next same calendar year: 2048
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2023: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 237 days
- Age on next birthday: 2 years old
- Days since birth: 494 days
- Days spent sleeping: 165 days
- Years spent sleeping: 0.45 year
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 17
- Next full moon: May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 9, 2051
- Age in dog years: 24 dog years old using a Pyrenean Shepherd breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Roman numerals: I.I.MMXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 31, 1957 – Marc McClure, American actor; January 8, 1970 – Rachel Friend, Australian actress and journalist; January 1, 1937 – Matt Robinson, American actor and screenwriter (d. 2002).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,774