Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of January 1914 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 16, 1914 was a Friday and it was the 16th day of the year 1914. It was the 3rd Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1914 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 297 days left before your next birthday. You will be 106 years old when that day comes. There have been 38,419 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 12,806 days or 35.06 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,301 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 24, 1945.
If a dog named Rosalita - a Mastiff breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 519 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Rosalita will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Rosalita will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1872Edward Gordon Craig
- 1908Ethel Merman
- 1920Elliott Reid
- 1930Paula Tilbrook
- 1934Marilyn Horne
- 1939Mac Curtis
- 1950Robert Schimmel
- 1969Rich Ward
- 1974Brent Hinds
- 1992Maja Keuc
View the complete list of January 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 16.
- 1749Vittorio Alfieri, Italian poet and playwright (d. 1803)
- 1894Irving Mills, American publisher (d. 1985)
- 1917Carl Karcher, American businessman, founded Carl’s Jr. (d. 2008)
- 1924Katy Jurado, Mexican actress (d. 2002)
- 1929Stanley Jeyaraja Tambiah, Sri Lankan anthropologist and academic (d. 2014)
- 1933Susan Sontag, American author and playwright (d. 2004)
- 1938Marina Vaizey, American journalist and critic
- 1950Damo Suzuki, Japanese singer and guitarist (Can)
- 1979Aaliyah, American singer, dancer, and actress (d. 2001)
- 1986Irina Kuzmina, Latvian tennis player
View the complete list of January 16 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 550Gothic War: The Ostrogoths, under King Totila, conquer Rome after a long siege, by bribing the Isaurian garrison.
- 1581The English Parliament outlaws Roman Catholicism.
- 1761The British capture Pondichéry, India from the French.
- 1809Peninsular War: The British defeat the French at the Battle of La Coruña.
- 1900The United States Senate accepts the Anglo-German treaty of 1899 in which the United Kingdom renounces its claims to the Samoan islands.
- 1919Temperance movement: The United States ratifies the Eighteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, authorizing Prohibition in the United States one year after ratification.
- 1939The Irish Republican Army (IRA) begins a bombing and sabotage campaign in England.
- 1964Hello, Dolly! (musical) starring Carol Channing opened on Broadway, beginning a run of 2,844 performances.
- 1992El Salvador officials and rebel leaders sign the Chapultepec Peace Accords in Mexico City, Mexico ending the 12-year Salvadoran Civil War that claimed at least 75,000 lives.
- 2003The Space Shuttle Columbia takes off for mission STS-107 which would be its final one. Columbia disintegrated 16 days later on re-entry.
View the complete list of January 16 historical events.
Curious about this Watermelon? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 16, and 1914 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Metta World Peace, Reginald Baker, Les Sampou, Geoff Downes, Richard Roundtree, Rossie Harris, Piper Reese, Ingrid Lukas, Connie Sellecca, Laila Elwi.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 16 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on January 16, 1914.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th January 1914 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 10, 1941. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +281. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on September 3, 1932. Your incompatibility score is -178. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Turkey approximately on 575. Your profession was librarian, priest, keeper of tribal relics.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 45,345 baby girls. For the boys it’s John. This name was recorded 37,948 times in the year 1914. Any chance you are Mary or John? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 16, 1914. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 16th day of 1914
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 3rd Friday of 1914
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2021: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 297 days
- Age on next birthday: 106 years old
- Days since birth: 38,419 days
- Days spent sleeping: 12,806 days
- Years spent sleeping: 35.06 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,301
- Next full moon: April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 24, 1945
- Age in dog years: 519 dog years old using a Mastiff breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: May 10, 1941 (+281)
- Worst compatible birthday: September 3, 1932 (-178)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 45,345 babies
- Popular boy’s name: John – 37,948 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 18, 1939 – Silvana Armenulić, Bosnian singer-songwriter and actress; December 30, 1974 – Johanna Sällström, Swedish actress (d. 2007); June 27, 1924 – Rosalie Allen, American singer (d. 2003).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,889