Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of January 1971 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 17, 1971 was a Sunday and it was the 17th day of the year 1971. It was the 3rd Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1971 calendar will be in 2021. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 243 days left before your next birthday. You will be 49 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,654 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,885 days or 16.11 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 598 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 17 at 08:32:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 25, 2002.
If a dog named Aureo - a Pomeranian breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 212 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Aureo will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Aureo will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1733Thomas Linley the elder
- 1927Norman Kaye
- 1952Ryuichi Sakamoto
- 1959Momoe Yamaguchi
- 1960Tracey Moore
- 1964Michelle Fairley
- 1967Song Kang-ho
- 1980Zooey Deschanel
- 1990Kaori Matsumura
View the complete list of January 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 17.
- 1560Gaspard Bauhin, Swiss botanist, physician, and academic (d. 1624)
- 1640Jonathan Singletary Dunham, American settler (d. 1724)
- 1879Burt McKinnie, American golfer (d. 1946)
- 1911George Stigler, American economist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1991)
- 1927Eartha Kitt, American actress and singer (d. 2008)
- 1931Don Zimmer, American baseball player, coach, and manager (d. 2014)
- 1942Nancy Parsons, American actress (d. 2001)
- 1949Anita Borg, American computer scientist and academic (d. 2003)
- 1971Paolo Vaccari, Italian rugby player and manager
- 1978Carolina “Pampita” Ardohaín, Argentinian model and actress
View the complete list of January 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1524Giovanni da Verrazzano sets sail westward from Madeira to find a sea route to the Pacific Ocean.
- 1873A group of Modoc warriors defeats the United States Army in the First Battle of the Stronghold, part of the Modoc War.
- 1885A British force defeats a large Dervish army at the Battle of Abu Klea in the Sudan.
- 1903El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico becomes part of the United States National Forest System as the Luquillo Forest Reserve.
- 1904Anton Chekhov’s The Cherry Orchard receives its premiere performance at the Moscow Art Theatre.
- 1918Finnish Civil War: The first serious battles take place between the Red Guards and the White Guard.
- 1929Popeye the Sailor Man, a cartoon character created by E. C. Segar, first appears in the Thimble Theatre comic strip.
- 1945Swedish diplomat Raoul Wallenberg is taken into Soviet custody while in Hungary; he is never publicly seen again.
- 1977Convicted murderer Gary Gilmore is executed by a firing squad in Utah, ending a ten-year moratorium on capital punishment in the United States.
- 1982“Cold Sunday”: in numerous cities in the United States temperatures fall to their lowest levels in over 100 years.
View the complete list of January 17 historical events.
Curious about this Sao Paulo Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 17, and 1971 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jon Tenney, Vicky Kaya, Teresa Pavlinek, Elsa Lunghini, Maude Fealy, Mia McKenna-Bruce, Nam Doh-hyeong, J. P. Dutta, Karen Duffy, Donnie Brooks.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 17 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dog is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on January 17, 1971.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th January 1971 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on July 27, 1995. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +168. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 14, 1964. Your incompatibility score is -133. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,790,326,948. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Knock Three Times by Dawn as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 23, 1971). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern China approximately on 1225. Your profession was shepherd, horseman, forester.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,818,445 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1971. The estimated number of babies born on 17th January 1971 is 333,749. That’s equivalent to 232 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 56,784 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 77,591 times in the year 1971. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 17, 1971. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 17th day of 1971
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 3rd Sunday of 1971
- Next same calendar year: 2021
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 243 days
- Age on next birthday: 49 years old
- Days since birth: 17,654 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,885 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.11 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 598
- Next full moon: June 17 at 08:32:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 25, 2002
- Age in dog years: 212 dog years old using a Pomeranian breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dog
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: July 27, 1995 (+168)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 14, 1964 (-133)
- 1971 world population: 3,790,326,948
- Number one song: Knock Three Times by Dawn (January 23, 1971)
- Babies born in 1971: 121,818,445
- Babies born in 1971 every day: 333,749
- Babies born in 1971 every minute: 232
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 56,784 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 77,591 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 17, 1956 – Robert Romanus, American actor and singer; November 21, 1940 – Dr. John, American singer-songwriter; February 10, 1932 – Barrie Ingham, English-American actor (d. 2015).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,006