Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 18th of January 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 18, 1940 was a Thursday and it was the 18th day of the year 1940. It was the 3rd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 327 days left before your next birthday. You will be 82 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,624 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,875 days or 27.04 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,003 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 27 at 08:19:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 26, 1971.
If a dog named Candie - a Standard Schnauzer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 384 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Candie will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Candie will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1952Michael Angelis
- 1963Carl McCoy
- 1964Enrico Lo Verso
- 1969Jim O'Rourke
- 1980Jason Segel
- 1981Kang Dong-won
- 1983Brianna Lea Pruett
- 1983Samantha Mumba
- 1986Marya Roxx
- 1996Sarah Gilman
View the complete list of January 18 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 18.
- 1689Montesquieu, French lawyer and philosopher (d. 1755)
- 1849Edmund Barton, Australian judge and politician, 1st Prime Minister of Australia (d. 1920)
- 1911Danny Kaye, American actor, singer, and dancer (d. 1987)
- 1915Syl Apps, Canadian pole vaulter, ice hockey player, and politician (d. 1998)
- 1947Takeshi Kitano, Japanese actor and director
- 1954Kiki Smith, American artist
- 1956Paul Deighton, Baron Deighton, English banker and politician
- 1976Damien Leith, Irish-Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1979Paulo Ferreira, Portuguese footballer
- 1979Petra Yared, Australian actress
View the complete list of January 18 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XTEGRAGEZ? Check your answers here: Word solver XTEGRAGEZ. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 474Seven-year-old Leo II succeeds his maternal grandfather Leo I as Byzantine emperor. He dies ten months later.
- 532Nika riots in Constantinople fail.
- 1126Emperor Huizong abdicates the Chinese throne in favour of his son Emperor Qinzong.
- 1486King Henry VII of England marries Elizabeth of York, daughter of Edward IV.
- 1884Dr. William Price attempts to cremate the body of his infant son, Jesus Christ Price, setting a legal precedent for cremation in the United Kingdom.
- 1911Eugene B. Ely lands on the deck of the USS Pennsylvania stationed in San Francisco Bay, the first time an aircraft landed on a ship.
- 1976Lebanese Christian militias overrun Karantina, Beirut, killing at least 1,000.
- 1983The International Olympic Committee restores Jim Thorpe’s Olympic medals to his family.
- 1990Washington, D.C. Mayor Marion Barry is arrested for drug possession in an FBI sting.
- 2009Gaza War: Hamas announces they will accept Israel Defense Forces’s offer of a ceasefire, ending the assault.
View the complete list of January 18 historical events.
Curious about this Golden Jelly Star? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 18, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Lindsey Shaw, Tricia O'Neil, Seven, Melanie Chartoff, Chuck Low, Ajay Naidu, Dabbs Greer, Jessica Chastain, Mimi Coertse, Siniša Vuco.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 18 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 18, 1940.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 18th January 1940 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 12, 1941. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +177. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on September 3, 1932. Your score is -150. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-Central approximately on 1225. Your profession was chemist, alchemist, poison manufacturer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition – is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 18” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 18, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 18th day of 1940
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 3rd Thursday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 327 days
- Age on next birthday: 82 years old
- Days since birth: 29,624 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,875 days
- Years spent sleeping: 27.04 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,003
- Next full moon: February 27 at 08:19:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 26, 1971
- Age in dog years: 384 dog years old using a Standard Schnauzer breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: May 12, 1941 (+177)
- Worst compatible birthday: September 3, 1932 (-150)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
- Roman numerals: XVIII.I.MCMXL
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 9, 1966 – Harald Eia, Norwegian comedian, actor, and screenwriter; June 14, 1957 – Maxi Jazz, English rapper (Faithless); August 22, 1986 – Erika Hebron, American model, Miss Missouri 2010.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,915