Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 18th of January 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 18, 1988 was a Monday and it was the 18th day of the year 1988. It was the 3rd Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 196 days left before your next birthday. You will be 35 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,588 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,196 days or 11.49 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 426 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 13 at 18:39:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 26, 2019.
If a dog named Creepy - a Bernese Mountain Dog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 198 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Creepy will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Creepy will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Danny Kaye
- 1943Paul Freeman
- 1955Frankie Knuckles
- 1977Richard Archer
- 1979Petra Yared
- 1981Kang Dong-won
- 1982Quinn Allman
- 1983Brianna Lea Pruett
- 1986Marya Roxx
- 1988Ronnie Day
View the complete list of January 18 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 18.
- 1840Henry Austin Dobson, English poet and author (d. 1921)
- 1879Tane Ikai, Japanese super-centenarian (d. 1995)
- 1892Paul Rostock, German surgeon and academic (d. 1956)
- 1915Santiago Carrillo, Spanish soldier and politician (d. 2012)
- 1918Nicholas Oresko, American sergeant, Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2013)
- 1925Gilles Deleuze, French metaphysician and philosopher (d. 1995)
- 1961Mark Messier, Canadian ice hockey player, coach, and sportscaster
- 1963Carl McCoy, English singer-songwriter
- 1963Yury Zakharevich, Russian weightlifter
- 1980Estelle, English singer-songwriter and producer
View the complete list of January 18 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Carlos’ personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 350General Magnentius deposes Roman Emperor Constans and proclaims himself Emperor.
- 532Nika riots in Constantinople fail.
- 1562Pope Pius IV reopens the Council of Trent for its third and final session.
- 1701Frederick I crowns himself King of Prussia in Königsberg.
- 1871Wilhelm I of Germany is proclaimed the first German Emperor in the Hall of Mirrors of the Palace of Versailles (France) towards the end of the Franco-Prussian War. The empire is known as the Second Reich to Germans.
- 1886Modern hockey is born with the formation of The Hockey Association in England.
- 1903United States President Theodore Roosevelt sends a radio message to King Edward VII: the first transatlantic radio transmission originating in the United States. Citation needed reason=Plaque at site says 19 Jan; 'sources vary'?
- 1915Japan issues the “Twenty-One Demands” to the Republic of China in a bid to increase its power in East Asia.
- 1941World War II: British troops launch a general counter-offensive against Italian East Africa.
- 1944World War II: Soviet forces liberate Leningrad, effectively ending a three-year Nazi siege, known as the Siege of Leningrad.
View the complete list of January 18 historical events.
Curious about this Heavenly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 18, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Yui Mizuno, Yves Duteil, John Cullum, Dorian Leigh, Judith Durham, Lili Taylor, Ken Jeong, Jānis Paukštello, Don Ameche, Violet Carson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 18 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on January 18, 1988.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 18th January 1988 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on February 21, 1966. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +145. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 19, 1983. Your score is -143. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 23, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Australia approximately on 1725. Your profession was digger, undertaker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 18th January 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 18” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 18, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 18th day of 1988
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 3rd Monday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2024: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 196 days
- Age on next birthday: 35 years old
- Days since birth: 12,588 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,196 days
- Years spent sleeping: 11.49 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 426
- Next full moon: July 13 at 18:39:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 26, 2019
- Age in dog years: 198 dog years old using a Bernese Mountain Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: February 21, 1966 (+145)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 19, 1983 (-143)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson (January 23, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: XVIII.I.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 19, 1955 – Mary-Anne Fahey, Australian actress and screenwriter; October 25, 1957 – Nancy Cartwright, American voice actress and singer; May 19, 1953 – Jimmy Thackery, American singer and guitarist (The Nighthawks).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,097