Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of January 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 8, 1940 was a Monday and it was the 8th day of the year 1940. It was the 2nd Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 235 days left before your next birthday. You will be 82 years old when that day comes. There have been 29,716 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,905 days or 27.12 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,006 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 16, 1971.
If a dog named Chocky - a Entlebucher Mountain Dog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 384 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Chocky will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Chocky will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1879Charles Bryant
- 1908William Hartnell
- 1909Willy Millowitsch
- 1929Saeed Jaffrey
- 1935Elvis Presley
- 1967Steven Jacobs
- 1981Genevieve Cortese
- 1987Freddie Stroma
- 1992Pamu Pamorada
View the complete list of January 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 8.
- 1583Simon Episcopius, Dutch theologian and academic (d. 1643)
- 1843John H. Moffitt, American soldier and politician, Medal of Honor recipient (d. 1926)
- 1883Patrick J. Hurley, American soldier, politician, and diplomat, 51st United States Secretary of War (d. 1963)
- 1904Tampa Red, American guitarist and songwriter (d. 1981)
- 1909Bruce Mitchell, South African cricketer (d. 1995)
- 1911Tom Delaney, English race car driver (d. 2006)
- 1967Hollis Conway, American high jumper
- 1968Giovanni De Benedictis, Italian race walker
- 1975Harris Jayaraj, Indian composer and producer
- 1979Seol Ki-hyeon, South Korean footballer
View the complete list of January 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Chelsea’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 387Siyaj K‘ak’conquers Waka
- 1815War of 1812: Battle of New Orleans – Andrew Jackson leads American forces in victory over the British.
- 1835The United States national debt is zero for the only time.
- 1877Crazy Horse and his warriors fight their last battle against the United States Cavalry at Wolf Mountain, Montana Territory.
- 1904The Blackstone Library is dedicated, marking the beginning of the Chicago Public Library system.
- 1912The African National Congress is founded.
- 1956Operation Auca: Five U.S. missionaries are killed by the Huaorani of Ecuador shortly after making contact with them.
- 1977Three bombs explode in Moscow, Russia, Soviet Union within 37 minutes, killing seven. The bombings are attributed to an Armenian separatist group.
- 2004The RMS Queen Mary 2, the largest passenger ship ever built, is christened by her namesake’s granddaughter, Queen Elizabeth II.
- 2010Gunmen from an offshoot the Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda attacked the bus carrying the Togo national football team on its way to the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, killing three.
View the complete list of January 8 historical events.
Curious about this Hurry Up Fuse? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 8, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Zoe Wiseman, Tino Rossi, Grayson Hall, Myra, Larisa Oleynik, Alan Dale, Herbert B. Leonard, Josie Ho, Begum Akhtar, Magdalena Walach.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 8 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 8, 1940.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th January 1940 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 12, 1941. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +147. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 21, 1915. Your score is -160. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Korea approximately on 1225. Your profession was chemist, alchemist, poison manufacturer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 8, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 8th day of 1940
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 2nd Monday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2023: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 235 days
- Age on next birthday: 82 years old
- Days since birth: 29,716 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,905 days
- Years spent sleeping: 27.12 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,006
- Next full moon: May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 16, 1971
- Age in dog years: 384 dog years old using a Entlebucher Mountain Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: May 12, 1941 (+147)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 21, 1915 (-160)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.I.MCMXL
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 8, 1920 – Carmen McRae, American singer-songwriter, pianist, and actress (d. 1994); August 8, 1939 – Phil Balsley, American singer-songwriter (The Statler Brothers); November 16, 1988 – Siva Kaneswaran, Irish singer and model (The Wanted).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,865