Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of January 1976 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 8, 1976 was a Thursday and it was the 8th day of the year 1976. It was the 2nd Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1976 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 51 days left before your next birthday. You will be 43 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,655 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,218 days or 14.29 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 530 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 23 at 05:41:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 16, 2007.
If a dog named Gideget - a Old English Sheepdog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 238 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Gideget will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Gideget will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1879Charles Bryant
- 1912José Ferrer
- 1934Roy Kinnear
- 1945Kathleen Noone
- 1965Michelle Forbes
- 1975Tift Merritt
- 1976Josh Meyers
- 1977Lee Yoo-jin
- 1979Windell Middlebrooks
- 1992Pamu Pamorada
View the complete list of January 8 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 8.
- 1805John Bigler, American lawyer, politician, and diplomat, 3rd Governor of California (d. 1871)
- 1823Alfred Russel Wallace, Welsh-English geographer, biologist, and explorer (d. 1913)
- 1909Nikolaos Platon, Greek archaeologist (d. 1992)
- 1922Dale D. Myers, American engineer (d. 2015)
- 1924Ron Moody, English actor and singer (d. 2015)
- 1938Yevgeny Nesterenko, Russian opera singer and educator
- 1968Keith Mullings, Jamaican-American boxer
- 1982Wesley Marquette, Mauritian footballer
- 1983Felipe Colombo, Mexican-Argentinian singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor
- 1989Kristján Einar, Icelandic race car driver
View the complete list of January 8 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1297François Grimaldi, disguised as a monk, leads his men to capture the fortress protecting the Rock of Monaco, establishing his family as the rulers of Monaco.
- 1499Louis XII of France marries Anne of Brittany.
- 1735Premiere performance of George Frideric Handel’s Ariodante at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
- 1811An unsuccessful slave revolt is led by Charles Deslondes in St. Charles and St. James, Louisiana.
- 1863American Civil War: Second Battle of Springfield
- 1867African American men are granted the right to vote in Washington, D.C.
- 1877Crazy Horse and his warriors fight their last battle against the United States Cavalry at Wolf Mountain, Montana Territory.
- 1912The African National Congress is founded.
- 1920The steel strike of 1919 ends in a complete failure for the Amalgamated Association of Iron, Steel and Tin Workers labor union.
- 1989Kegworth air disaster: British Midland Flight 92, a Boeing 737-400, crashes into the M1 motorway, killing 47 of the 126 people on board.
View the complete list of January 8 historical events.
Curious about this Heavenly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 8, and 1976 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Karl Dominik, Malvina Reynolds, Dayanara Torres, Dara Singh, Django Haskins, Erik Darling, David Harewood, Alexander Conti, Lee Young-ae, Tommy Chong.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 8 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on January 8, 1976.
Get your daily Capricorn horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th January 1976 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 5, 1947. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +188. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 20, 1957. Your incompatibility score is -129. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,160,185,010. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Convoy by C.W. McCall as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 10, 1976). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern Africa approximately on 1450. Your profession was designer, engineering, craftsman.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,620,578 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1976. The estimated number of babies born on 8th January 1976 is 332,297. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 59,474 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 66,964 times in the year 1976. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 8, 1976. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 8th day of 1976
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 2nd Thursday of 1976
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2020: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 51 days
- Age on next birthday: 43 years old
- Days since birth: 15,655 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,218 days
- Years spent sleeping: 14.29 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 530
- Next full moon: November 23 at 05:41:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 16, 2007
- Age in dog years: 238 dog years old using a Old English Sheepdog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: November 5, 1947 (+188)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 20, 1957 (-129)
- 1976 world population: 4,160,185,010
- Number one song: Convoy by C.W. McCall (January 10, 1976)
- Babies born in 1976: 121,620,578
- Babies born in 1976 every day: 332,297
- Babies born in 1976 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 59,474 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 66,964 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 5, 1946 – Lova Moor, French singer and dancer; March 17, 1950 – Michael Been, American singer-songwriter (The Call) (d. 2010); August 5, 1975 – Iddo Goldberg, Israeli-English actor.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,889