Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of January 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 8, 1980 was a Tuesday and it was the 8th day of the year 1980. It was the 2nd Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 320 days left before your next birthday. You will be 40 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,290 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,763 days or 13.04 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 484 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 16, 2011.
If a dog named Tashtego - a Miniature Pinscher breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 176 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Tashtego will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Tashtego will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1865Winnaretta Singer
- 1912José Ferrer
- 1937Shirley Bassey
- 1947David Bowie
- 1967Steven Jacobs
- 1969Ami Dolenz
- 1975Reiko Chiba
- 1977Lee Yoo-jin
- 1981Genevieve Cortese
- 1983Chris Masters
View the complete list of January 8 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 8.
- 1909Ashapoorna Devi, Indian author and poet (d. 1995)
- 1909Bruce Mitchell, South African cricketer (d. 1995)
- 1909Nikolaos Platon, Greek archaeologist (d. 1992)
- 1909Willy Millowitsch, German actor, director, and screenwriter (d. 1999)
- 1922Dale D. Myers, American engineer (d. 2015)
- 1933Charles Osgood, American soldier and journalist
- 1967R. Kelly, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actor
- 1967Tom Watson, English politician
- 1968Giovanni De Benedictis, Italian race walker
- 1969Ami Dolenz, American actress and producer
View the complete list of January 8 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1297François Grimaldi, disguised as a monk, leads his men to capture the fortress protecting the Rock of Monaco, establishing his family as the rulers of Monaco.
- 1697Last execution for blasphemy in Britain; of Thomas Aikenhead, student, at Edinburgh.
- 1735Premiere performance of George Frideric Handel’s Ariodante at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
- 1806Cape Colony becomes a British colony.
- 1889Herman Hollerith is issued US patent #395,791 for the ‘Art of Applying Statistics’— his punched card calculator.
- 1906A landslide in Haverstraw, New York, caused by the excavation of clay along the Hudson River, kills 20 people.
- 1964President Lyndon B. Johnson declares a “War on Poverty” in the United States.
- 1971Bowing to international pressure, President of Pakistan Zulfikar Ali Bhutto releases Bengali leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman from prison, who had been arrested after declaring the independence of Bangladesh.
- 1994Russian cosmonaut Valeri Polyakov on Soyuz TM-18 leaves for Mir. He would stay on the space station until March 22, 1995, for a record 437 days in space.
- 2005The nuclear sub USS San Francisco collides at full speed with an undersea mountain south of Guam. One man is killed, but the sub surfaces and is repaired.
View the complete list of January 8 historical events.
Curious about this Purple Bubble Heart? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 8, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Moon Geun-young, Frank Dunlop, Paul Hartman, Patricia Cutts, Liv Stoveland, Cassadee Pope, Yui Ichikawa, Sora Jung, Antônio Carlos Jobim, Tiffany.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 8 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 8, 1980.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th January 1980 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 3, 1965. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +129. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 15, 1975. Your incompatibility score is -129. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Escape (The Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 12, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 975. Your profession was jeweler, watch-maker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 8th January 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 8, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 8th day of 1980
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 2nd Tuesday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2021: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 320 days
- Age on next birthday: 40 years old
- Days since birth: 14,290 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,763 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.04 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 484
- Next full moon: March 21 at 01:44:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 16, 2011
- Age in dog years: 176 dog years old using a Miniature Pinscher breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: January 3, 1965 (+129)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 15, 1975 (-129)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Escape (The Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes (January 12, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 29, 1912 – Barry Sullivan, American actor and director (d. 1994); February 1, 1956 – Brahmanandam, Indian actor and singer; September 6, 1978 – Mathew Horne, English actor and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,829