Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of January 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 8, 1980 was a Tuesday and it was the 8th day of the year 1980. It was the 2nd Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 261 days left before your next birthday. You will be 40 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,349 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,783 days or 13.10 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 486 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 18 at 21:13:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 16, 2011.
If a dog named Fausto - a Schnoodle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 223 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Fausto will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Fausto will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1923Larry Storch
- 1929Saeed Jaffrey
- 1938Yevgeny Nesterenko
- 1939Ruth Maleczech
- 1955Mike Reno
- 1958Rey Misterio, Sr.
- 1965Maria Pitillo
- 1966Andrew Wood
- 1975DJ Clue?
- 1977Amber Benson
View the complete list of January 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 8.
- 1735John Carroll, American archbishop (d. 1815)
- 1899S. W. R. D. Bandaranaike, Sri Lankan politician, 4th Prime Minister of Sri Lanka (d. 1959)
- 1902Carl Rogers, American psychologist and academic (d. 1987)
- 1909Ashapoorna Devi, Indian author and poet (d. 1995)
- 1922Abbey Simon, American pianist and academic
- 1943Charles Murray, American political scientist and author
- 1977Amber Benson, American actress, director, producer, and screenwriter
- 1986Jaclyn Linetsky, Canadian actress (d. 2003)
- 1992Pamu Pamorada, Filipino actress
- 1993Brooke Greenberg, American girl with a rare disease (d. 2013)
View the complete list of January 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 387Siyaj K‘ak’conquers Waka
- 871Alfred the Great leads a West Saxon army to repel an invasion by Danelaw Vikings.
- 1735Premiere performance of George Frideric Handel’s Ariodante at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
- 1877Crazy Horse and his warriors fight their last battle against the United States Cavalry at Wolf Mountain, Montana Territory.
- 1889Herman Hollerith is issued US patent #395,791 for the ‘Art of Applying Statistics’— his punched card calculator.
- 1963Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is exhibited in the United States for the first time, at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
- 1979The tanker Betelgeuse explodes in Bantry Bay, Ireland.
- 2005The nuclear sub USS San Francisco collides at full speed with an undersea mountain south of Guam. One man is killed, but the sub surfaces and is repaired.
- 2009A 6.1-magnitude earthquake in northern Costa Rica kills 15 people and injures 32.
- 2010Gunmen from an offshoot the Front for the Liberation of the Enclave of Cabinda attacked the bus carrying the Togo national football team on its way to the 2010 Africa Cup of Nations, killing three.
View the complete list of January 8 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Pineapple Cake? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 8, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Wayne Brady, Masako Nozawa, Maarja-Liis Ilus, Charlotte Rampling, Vincent Kartheiser, John Polson, Steven Yeun, Beverley Craven, Dorothée Berryman, Ivana Trump.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 8 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 8, 1980.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th January 1980 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 3, 1965. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +129. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on May 15, 1975. Your incompatibility score is -129. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Escape (The Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 12, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Portugal approximately on 975. Your profession was jeweler, watch-maker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 8th January 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 8, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 8th day of 1980
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 2nd Tuesday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2021: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 261 days
- Age on next birthday: 40 years old
- Days since birth: 14,349 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,783 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.10 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 486
- Next full moon: May 18 at 21:13:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 16, 2011
- Age in dog years: 223 dog years old using a Schnoodle breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: January 3, 1965 (+129)
- Worst compatible birthday: May 15, 1975 (-129)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Escape (The Piña Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes (January 12, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 31, 1956 – John Lydon, English singer-songwriter; May 1, 1970 – Bernard Butler, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Suede, The Tears, and McAlmont and Butler); July 16, 1984 – Katrina Kaif, Hong Kong-Indian actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,025