Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of January 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
January 9, 1940 was a Tuesday and it was the 9th day of the year 1940. It was the 2nd Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 358 days left before your next birthday. You will be 80 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,862 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,621 days or 26.34 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 977 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on January 21 at 05:17:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 17, 1971.
If a dog named Sailor - a Mutt breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 375 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Sailor will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Sailor will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1753Luísa Todi
- 1901Vilma Bánky
- 1915Anita Louise
- 1926Sydney Lotterby
- 1928Domenico Modugno
- 1939Jimmy Boyd
- 1944Mihalis Violaris
- 1950Rio Reiser
- 1965Farah Khan
- 1966Candi Milo
View the complete list of January 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 9.
- 1879John B. Watson, American psychologist and academic (d. 1958)
- 1893Edwin Baker, Canadian co-founder of the Canadian National Institute for the Blind (CNIB) (d. 1968)
- 1926Jean-Pierre Côté, Canadian politician; 23rd Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (d. 2002)
- 1931Paul Mantee, American actor (d. 2013)
- 1954Philippa Gregory, Kenyan-English author and academic
- 1961Oliver Goldstick, American screenwriter and producer
- 1965Eric Erlandson, American guitarist, songwriter, and producer
- 1971Scott Thornton, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1976Simon Gosejohann, German actor and screenwriter
- 1987Sam Bird, English race car driver
View the complete list of January 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1349The Jewish population of Basel, Switzerland, believed by the residents to be the cause of the ongoing Black Death, is rounded up and incinerated.
- 1799British Prime Minister William Pitt the Younger introduces an income tax of two shillings to the pound to raise funds for Great Britain’s war effort in the Napoleonic Wars.
- 1861American Civil War: The “Star of the West” incident occurs near Charleston, South Carolina. It is considered by some historians to be the “First Shots of the American Civil War”.
- 1878Umberto I becomes King of Italy.
- 1903Hallam Tennyson, 2nd Baron Tennyson, son of the poet Alfred Tennyson, becomes the second Governor-General of Australia.
- 1918Battle of Bear Valley: The last battle of the American Indian Wars.
- 1957British Prime Minister Sir Anthony Eden resigns from office following his failure to retake the Suez Canal from Egyptian sovereignty.
- 1960President of Egypt Gamal Abdel Nasser opens construction on the Aswan Dam by detonating ten tons of dynamite to demolish twenty tons of granite on the east bank of the Nile.
- 1964Martyrs’ Day: Several Panamanian youths try to raise the Panamanian flag on the U.S.-controlled Panama Canal Zone, leading to fighting between U.S. military and Panamanian civilians.
- 2014An explosion at a Mitsubishi Materials chemical plant in Yokkaichi, Japan, kills at least five people and injures 17 others.
View the complete list of January 9 historical events.
Curious about this Cool Blue Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 9, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Gavin Friday, Paul Wickens, Ken Greer, Clark Gregg, Tamaryn Payne, Linda Gary, Aaron Russo, Simonetta Stefanelli, Barbara Barrie, David Hayter.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 9 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on January 9, 1940.
Get your daily Capricorn horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th January 1940 is Carnation for friendship.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 8, 1940. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +188. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on June 23, 1952. Your incompatibility score is -192. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Korea approximately on 1225. Your profession was chemist, alchemist, poison manufacturer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 9, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 9th day of 1940
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 2nd Tuesday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2021: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 358 days
- Age on next birthday: 80 years old
- Days since birth: 28,862 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,621 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.34 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 977
- Next full moon: January 21 at 05:17:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 17, 1971
- Age in dog years: 375 dog years old using a Mutt breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- Best compatible birthday: September 8, 1940 (+188)
- Worst compatible birthday: June 23, 1952 (-192)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 3, 1999 – Kanna Hashimoto, Japanese singer (Rev. from DVL); August 22, 1988 – Sarah Major, New Zealand actress and singer; April 17, 1991 – Tessa James, Australian actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,742