Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of January 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
January 9, 1988 was a Saturday and it was the 9th day of the year 1988. It was the 2nd Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 315 days left before your next birthday. You will be 33 years old when that day comes. There have been 11,739 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 3,913 days or 10.71 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 397 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 9 at 17:49:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on September 17, 2019.
If a dog named Popcorn - a Redbone Coonhound breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 164 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Popcorn will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Popcorn will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1939Susannah York
- 1943Jerry Yester
- 1950Rio Reiser
- 1961Al Jean
- 1967Steve Harwell
- 1970Lara Fabian
- 1972Rawson Stovall
- 1976Hayes Carll
- 1978Maggie Rizer
- 1989Nina Dobrev
View the complete list of January 9 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on Jan 9.
- 1856Anton Aškerc, Slovenian priest and poet (d. 1912)
- 1929Dorothea Puente, American murderer (d. 2011)
- 1941Gilles Vaillancourt, Canadian politician
- 1941Joan Baez, American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1947Ronnie Landfield, American painter and educator
- 1953Morris Gleitzman, English-Australian author
- 1966Candi Milo, American voice actress and singer
- 1970Masashi Goda, Japanese actor
- 1971Angie Martinez, American rapper, actress, and radio host
- 1995Nicola Peltz, American actress
View the complete list of January 9 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Clayton’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 475Byzantine Emperor Zeno is forced to flee his capital at Constantinople, and his general, Basiliscus gains control of the empire.
- 1150Prince Hailing of Jin and other court officials murder Emperor Xizong of Jin. Hailing succeeds him as emperor.
- 1349The Jewish population of Basel, Switzerland, believed by the residents to be the cause of the ongoing Black Death, is rounded up and incinerated.
- 1431Judges’ investigations for the trial of Joan of Arc begin in Rouen, France, the seat of the English occupation government.
- 1861Mississippi becomes the second state to secede from the Union before the outbreak of the American Civil War.
- 1941World War II: First flight of the Avro Lancaster.
- 1947Elizabeth “Betty” Short, the Black Dahlia, is last seen alive.
- 1964Martyrs’ Day: Several Panamanian youths try to raise the Panamanian flag on the U.S.-controlled Panama Canal Zone, leading to fighting between U.S. military and Panamanian civilians.
- 1996First Chechen War: Chechen separatists launch a raid against the helicopter airfield and later a civilian hospital in the city of Kizlyar in the neighboring Dagestan, which turns into a massive hostage crisis involving thousands of civilians.
- 2015The perpetrators of the Charlie Hebdo shooting in Paris two days earlier are both killed after a hostage situation. Elsewhere, a second hostage situation, related to the Charlie Hebdo shooting, occurs at a Jewish market, Hypercacher, in the eastern Paris suburb of Vincennes.
View the complete list of January 9 historical events.
Curious about this Charming Gift Box? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 1, 9, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Manami Numakura, Jaydy Michel, Don Ameche, Judy Stone, Don Henderson, Christopher Nolan, Mike Watt, Jamie Bamber, Susan Tully, Liam Aiken.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on January 9 is Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat) – a cardinal sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Saturn – the planet of discipline. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rabbit is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on January 9, 1988.
Garnet is the modern birthstone for the month of January while Emerald is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Capricorn is ruby. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th January 1988 is Carnation for friendship.
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was So Emotional by Whitney Houston as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (January 9, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern England approximately on 1725. Your profession was digger, undertaker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 9th January 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man January 9” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about January 9, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 9th day of 1988
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 2nd Saturday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2022: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 315 days
- Age on next birthday: 33 years old
- Days since birth: 11,739 days
- Days spent sleeping: 3,913 days
- Years spent sleeping: 10.71 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 397
- Next full moon: March 9 at 17:49:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on September 17, 2019
- Age in dog years: 164 dog years old using a Redbone Coonhound breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Capricorn ♑ (The Sea-goat)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Cardinal
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Saturn – the planet of discipline
- Western zodiac gemstone: Ruby
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rabbit
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Garnet
- Mystical birthstone: Emerald (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Carnation for friendship
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: So Emotional by Whitney Houston (January 9, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: IX.I.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 16, 1958 – Madonna, American singer-songwriter, producer, actress, and director; November 23, 1986 – Maxene Magalona, Filipino actress; July 16, 1928 – Ticho Parly, Danish tenor and actor (d. 1993).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,052