Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of May 1950 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 1, 1950 was a Monday and it was the 121st day of the year 1950. It was the 18th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1950 calendar will be in 2023. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 329 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,604 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,535 days or 23.37 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 868 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 5 at 04:46:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 7, 1982.
If a dog named Capone - a Cardigan Welsh Corgi breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 300 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Capone will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Capone will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1887Kurt Vespermann
- 1913Louis Nye
- 1934Shirley Horn
- 1953Glen Ballard
- 1957Uberto Pasolini
- 1959Yasmina Reza
- 1962Maia Morgenstern
- 1964Will Kimbrough
- 1989Tim Urban
View the complete list of May 1 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 1.
- 1824Alexander William Williamson, English chemist and academic (d. 1904)
- 1917Ulric Cross, Trinidadian navigator, judge, and diplomat (d. 2013)
- 1921Vladimir Colin, Romanian journalist and author (d. 1991)
- 1934Shirley Horn, American singer and pianist (d. 2005)
- 1948Györgyi Balogh, Hungarian sprinter
- 1959Yasmina Reza, French actress and playwright
- 1975Nina Hossain, English journalist
- 1982Darijo Srna, Croatian footballer
- 1988Anushka Sharma, Indian model, actress, and producer
- 1991Abdisalam Ibrahim, Somalian-Norwegian footballer
View the complete list of May 1 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Breanna’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1776Establishment of the Illuminati in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria), by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt.
- 1840The Penny Black, the first official adhesive postage stamp, is issued in the United Kingdom.
- 1856The Province of Isabela was created in the Philippines in honor of the Queen Isabela II of Spain.
- 1862American Civil War: The Union Army completes its capture of New Orleans.
- 1875Alexandra Palace reopens after being burned down in a fire in 1873.
- 1898Spanish–American War: Battle of Manila Bay: The United States Navy destroys the Spanish Pacific fleet in the first battle of the war.
- 1927The first cooked meals on a scheduled flight are introduced on an Imperial Airways flight from London to Paris.
- 1933The Roca–Runciman Treaty between Argentina and Great Britain is signed by Julio Argentino Roca, Jr., and Sir Walter Runciman.
- 1941World War II: German forces launch a major attack on Tobruk.
- 2009Same-sex marriage is legalized in Sweden.
View the complete list of May 1 historical events.
Curious about this You Can Get Me Fuse? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 1, and 1950 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Edie Adams, Carmen Duncan, B.G., Konrad Ekhof, Lisa McCune, Tracy Nelson, Barry Newman, Stephen Schnetzer, Kathleen Freeman, Rahul Bose.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 1 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Tiger is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 1, 1950.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 1st May 1950 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 12, 1937. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +108. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 4, 1943. Your score is -122. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 2,557,628,654. (U.S. Census Bureau)
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of North of Latin America approximately on 1750. Your profession was dramatist, director, musician, bard.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You were sane, practical person, materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weak and the poor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and to distribute these feelings to all people.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 97,399,411 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1950. The estimated number of babies born on 1st May 1950 is 266,848. That’s equivalent to 185 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 80,432 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 86,239 times in the year 1950. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 1” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 1, 1950. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 121st day of 1950
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 18th Monday of 1950
- Next same calendar year: 2023
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2022: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 329 days
- Age on next birthday: 71 years old
- Days since birth: 25,604 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,535 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.37 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 868
- Next full moon: July 5 at 04:46:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 7, 1982
- Age in dog years: 300 dog years old using a Cardigan Welsh Corgi breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Tiger
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: January 12, 1937 (+108)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 4, 1943 (-122)
- 1950 world population: 2,557,628,654
- Babies born in 1950: 97,399,411
- Babies born in 1950 every day: 266,848
- Babies born in 1950 every minute: 185
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 80,432 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 86,239 babies
- Roman numerals: I.V.MCML
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 22, 1985 – Hadise, Belgian-Turkish singer-songwriter and dancer; January 3, 1989 – Ayaka Umeda, Japanese singer and actress; November 16, 1988 – Janelle Jamer, Filipino host and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,995