Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of May 1953 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 1, 1953 was a Friday and it was the 121st day of the year 1953. It was the 18th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1953 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 224 days left before your next birthday. You will be 69 years old when that day comes. There have been 24,978 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,326 days or 22.80 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 845 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 7, 1985.
If a dog named Gordi - a Sloughi breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 361 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Gordi will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Gordi will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1853Jacob Mikhailovich Gordin
- 1917Danielle Darrieux
- 1924Art Fleming
- 1927Laura Betti
- 1931Jacques Languirand
- 1942Stephen Macht
- 1945Rita Coolidge
- 1967Tim McGraw
- 1974Kellie Crawford
- 1976Darius McCrary
View the complete list of May 1 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 1.
- 1915Hanns Martin Schleyer, German businessman (d. 1977)
- 1923Joseph Heller, American author and playwright (d. 1999)
- 1939Max Robinson, American journalist and academic (d. 1988)
- 1947Sergio Infante, Chilean-Swedish poet and author
- 1969Hannes Võrno, Estonian comedian and television host
- 1972Julie Benz, American actress
- 1973Curtis Martin, American football player
- 1980Yousuke Ichikawa, Japanese actor and model
- 1984David Backes, American ice hockey player
- 1991Marcus Stroman, American baseball player
View the complete list of May 1 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Melinda’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1786In Vienna, Austria, Mozart’s opera The Marriage of Figaro is performed for the first time.
- 1851Queen Victoria opens The Great Exhibition in London.
- 1856The Province of Isabela was created in the Philippines in honor of the Queen Isabela II of Spain.
- 1865The Empire of Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay sign the Treaty of the Triple Alliance.
- 1930The dwarf planet Pluto is officially named.
- 1933The Humanist Manifesto I published.
- 1940The 1940 Summer Olympics are cancelled due to war.
- 1960Formation of the western Indian states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Also known as “Maharashtra Day”.
- 2009Same-sex marriage is legalized in Sweden.
- 2011Barack Obama announces that Osama bin Laden, the suspected mastermind behind the September 11 attacks has been killed by United States special forces in Abbottabad, Pakistan. Due to the time difference between the United States and Pakistan, bin Laden was actually killed on May 2.
View the complete list of May 1 historical events.
Curious about this Yellow Cashew Crunch? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 1, and 1953 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Kathleen Madigan, Karl Wallinger, Katie Cassidy, Mariada Pieridi, Patrick Simmons, Kenny Lynch, Victoria Beckham, Camile Velasco, Antonio Aguilar, Lee Purcell.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 1 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Snake is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 1, 1953.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 1st May 1953 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 7, 1946. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +158. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 6, 1982. Your score is -221. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 2,682,053,389. (U.S. Census Bureau)
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Quebeck approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 97,861,773 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1953. The estimated number of babies born on 1st May 1953 is 268,114. That’s equivalent to 186 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 64,372 baby girls. For the boys it’s Robert. This name was recorded 86,195 times in the year 1953. Any chance you are Mary or Robert? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 1” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 1, 1953. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 121st day of 1953
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 18th Friday of 1953
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2023: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 224 days
- Age on next birthday: 69 years old
- Days since birth: 24,978 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,326 days
- Years spent sleeping: 22.80 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 845
- Next full moon: September 20 at 23:56:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 7, 1985
- Age in dog years: 361 dog years old using a Sloughi breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Snake
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: August 7, 1946 (+158)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 6, 1982 (-221)
- 1953 world population: 2,682,053,389
- Babies born in 1953: 97,861,773
- Babies born in 1953 every day: 268,114
- Babies born in 1953 every minute: 186
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 64,372 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Robert – 86,195 babies
- Roman numerals: I.V.MCMLIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 23, 1950 – Alan Tam, Hong Kong singer and actor (The Wynners); November 25, 1975 – Kristian Nairn, Irish actor and DJ; October 5, 1933 – Diane Cilento, Australian actress and author (d. 2011).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,924