Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of May 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 1, 1961 was a Monday and it was the 121st day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 336 days left before your next birthday. You will be 57 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,483 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 693 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1919Manna Dey
- 1934Shirley Horn
- 1957Uberto Pasolini
- 1959Yasmina Reza
- 1968Kelly Killoren Bensimon
- 1969Wes Anderson
- 1976Violante Placido
- 1978James Badge Dale
- 1997Ariel Gade
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 1.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 1.
- 1672Joseph Addison, English journalist and politician, Chief Secretary for Ireland (d. 1719)
- 1918Jack Paar, American comedian, author and talk show host (d. 2004)
- 1921Vladimir Colin, Romanian journalist and author (d. 1991)
- 1926Peter Lax, Hungarian-American mathematician and academic
- 1936Jerry Mander, American author and activist
- 1937Una Stubbs, English actress and dancer
- 1968Denise Masino, American bodybuilder
- 1984Alexander Farnerud, Swedish footballer
- 1989Bryshon Nellum, American sprinter
- 1990Uriel Álvarez, Mexican footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 1.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1840The Penny Black, the first official adhesive postage stamp, is issued in the United Kingdom.
- 1844Hong Kong Police Force, the world’s second modern police force and Asia’s first, is established.
- 1884Proclamation of the demand for eight-hour workday in the United States.
- 1898Spanish–American War: Battle of Manila Bay: The United States Navy destroys the Spanish Pacific fleet in the first battle of the war.
- 1925The first Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer is held at the University of Toronto, Canada.
- 1944World War II: Two hundred Communist prisoners are shot by the Germans at Kaisariani in Athens, Greece in reprisal for the killing of General Franz Krech by partisans at Molaoi.
- 1970Protests erupt in Seattle, following the announcement by U.S. President Richard Nixon that U.S. Forces in Vietnam would pursue enemy troops into Cambodia, a neutral country.
- 1978Japan’s Naomi Uemura, travelling by dog sled, becomes the first person to reach the North Pole alone.
- 1991Rickey Henderson of the Oakland Athletics steals his 939th base, making him the all-time leader in this category. However, his accomplishment is overshadowed later that evening by Nolan Ryan of the Texas Rangers, when he pitches his seventh career no-hitter, breaking his own record.
- 2003Invasion of Iraq: In what becomes known as the “Mission Accomplished” speech, on board the USS Abraham Lincoln (off the coast of California), U.S. President George W. Bush declares that “major combat operations in Iraq have ended”.
View the complete list of historical events for May 1.
Curious about this Choco Strawberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 1 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Conway Savage, Bob Catley, Phil Keoghan, Charly McClain, Ian Stuart Donaldson, Soko, Amy Hill, Odd Børretzen, Pete Doherty, Isabeli Fontana.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 1 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on May 1, 1961.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Runaway by Del Shannon as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 1, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 24, 1973 – Alexander Beyer, German actor; October 13, 1950 – Simon Nicol, English singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (Fairport Convention and The Albion Band); May 13, 1956 – Alison Goldfrapp, English singer-songwriter and producer (Goldfrapp).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 990