Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of May 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 1, 1961 was a Monday and it was the 121st day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 280 days left before your next birthday. You will be 57 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,539 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 695 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 7 at 18:13:00 GMT – Monday.
- 1942Stephen Macht
- 1946John Woo
- 1950Dann Florek
- 1967Tim McGraw
- 1968Kelly Killoren Bensimon
- 1968Sol Kyung-gu
- 1978Sachie Hara
- 1988Anushka Sharma
- 1992You Kikkawa
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 1.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 1.
- 1769Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington, Irish-English field marshal and politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (d. 1852)
- 1871Seakle Greijdanus, Dutch theologian and scholar (d. 1948)
- 1896Herbert Backe, Georgian-German agronomist and politician (d. 1947)
- 1910Behice Boran, Turkish sociologist and politician (d. 1987)
- 1919Mohammed Karim Lamrani, Moroccan businessman and politician, 7th Prime Minister of Morocco
- 1925Sardar Fazlul Karim, Bangladeshi philosopher, scholar, and academic (d. 2014)
- 1936Jerry Mander, American author and activist
- 1941Asil Nadir, Cypriot-English businessman
- 1968Sol Kyung-gu, South Korean actor
- 1984Patrick Eaves, American ice hockey player
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 1.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1328Wars of Scottish Independence end: By the Treaty of Edinburgh–Northampton the Kingdom of England recognises the Kingdom of Scotland as an independent state.
- 1753Publication of Species Plantarum by Linnaeus, and the formal start date of plant taxonomy adopted by the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature.
- 1776Establishment of the Illuminati in Ingolstadt (Upper Bavaria), by Jesuit-taught Adam Weishaupt.
- 1856The Province of Isabela was created in the Philippines in honor of the Queen Isabela II of Spain.
- 1925The All-China Federation of Trade Unions is officially founded. Today it is the largest trade union in the world, with 134 million members.
- 1925The first Ritual of the Calling of an Engineer is held at the University of Toronto, Canada.
- 1927The Union Labor Life Insurance Company is founded by the American Federation of Labor.
- 1930The dwarf planet Pluto is officially named.
- 1944World War II: Two hundred Communist prisoners are shot by the Germans at Kaisariani in Athens, Greece in reprisal for the killing of General Franz Krech by partisans at Molaoi.
- 1965Battle of Dong-Yin, a naval conflict between ROC and PRC, takes place.
View the complete list of historical events for May 1.
Curious about this Choco Purpleberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 1 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: James Ellis, Vincent Pastore, Lola Young, Baroness Young of Hornsey, Josef Kajetán Tyl, Joe Roth, Jeremy Irons, John Williams, Ronnie Dawson, Boots Anson-Roa, Ade Adepitan.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 1 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on May 1, 1961.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Runaway by Del Shannon as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 1, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 25, 1952 – Tim Finn, New Zealand singer-songwriter (Finn Brothers, Crowded House, and Split Enz); March 31, 1924 – Charles Guggenheim, American director and producer (d. 2002); December 16, 1946 – Christopher Ellison, English actor.
Word count: 1,083