Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 1st of May 1981 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 1, 1981 was a Friday and it was the 121st day of the year 1981. It was the 18th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1981 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 340 days left before your next birthday. You will be 40 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,270 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,757 days or 13.02 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 483 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 7, 2013.
If a dog named Britley - a Miniature Schnauzer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 176 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Britley will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Britley will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1931Jacques Languirand
- 1934Shirley Horn
- 1946Joanna Lumley
- 1946John Woo
- 1971Ajith Kumar
- 1980Yousuke Ichikawa
- 1984Keiichiro Koyama
- 1985Drew Sidora
- 1992You Kikkawa
- 1997Miles Ocampo
View the complete list of May 1 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 1.
- 1582Marco da Gagliano, Italian composer (d. 1643)
- 1874Paul Van Asbroeck, Belgian target shooter (d. 1959)
- 1905Henk de Best, Dutch boxer (d. 1978)
- 1910J. Allen Hynek, American astronomer and ufologist (d. 1986)
- 1921Vladimir Colin, Romanian journalist and author (d. 1991)
- 1930Little Walter, American singer and harmonica player (d. 1968)
- 1940Elsa Peretti, Italian jewelry designer
- 1961Marilyn Milian, American judge
- 1968Sol Kyung-gu, South Korean actor
- 1984David Backes, American ice hockey player
View the complete list of May 1 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Sonia’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 524King Sigismund of Burgundy is executed at Orléans after an 8-year reign and is succeeded by his brother Godomar.
- 1778American Revolution: The Battle of Crooked Billet begins in Hatboro, Pennsylvania.
- 1846The few remaining Mormons left in Nauvoo, Illinois, formally dedicate the Nauvoo Temple.
- 1851Queen Victoria opens The Great Exhibition in London.
- 1852The Philippine peso is introduced into circulation.
- 1893The World’s Columbian Exposition opens in Chicago.
- 1945World War II: A German newsreader officially announces that Adolf Hitler has “fallen at his command post in the Reich Chancellery fighting to the last breath against Bolshevism and for Germany”. The Soviet flag is raised over the Reich Chancellery, by order of Stalin.
- 1960Formation of the western Indian states of Gujarat and Maharashtra. Also known as “Maharashtra Day”.
- 1991Rickey Henderson of the Oakland Athletics steals his 939th base, making him the all-time leader in this category. However, his accomplishment is overshadowed later that evening by Nolan Ryan of the Texas Rangers, when he pitches his seventh career no-hitter, breaking his own record.
- 2003Invasion of Iraq: In what becomes known as the “Mission Accomplished” speech, on board the USS Abraham Lincoln (off the coast of California), U.S. President George W. Bush declares that “major combat operations in Iraq have ended”.
View the complete list of May 1 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Monster Rainbow? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 1, and 1981 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mike Glita, Alvin Stardust, Dave Clark, Hunter Gomez, Brittny Gastineau, Isaiah Mustafa, Roscoe Dash, Peter Strauss, Apostolia Zoi, Måns Zelmerlöw.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 1 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rooster is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 1, 1981.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 1st May 1981 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 20, 1965. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +135. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 3, 1976. Your score is -159. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,534,410,125. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Morning Train (Nine to Five) by Sheena Easton as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 2, 1981). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Quebeck approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 127,030,934 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1981. The estimated number of babies born on 1st May 1981 is 348,030. That’s equivalent to 242 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 57,049 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,765 times in the year 1981. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 1” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 1, 1981. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 121st day of 1981
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 18th Friday of 1981
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2022: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 340 days
- Age on next birthday: 40 years old
- Days since birth: 14,270 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,757 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.02 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 483
- Next full moon: June 5 at 19:15:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 7, 2013
- Age in dog years: 176 dog years old using a Miniature Schnauzer breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rooster
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: January 20, 1965 (+135)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 3, 1976 (-159)
- 1981 world population: 4,534,410,125
- Number one song: Morning Train (Nine to Five) by Sheena Easton (May 2, 1981)
- Babies born in 1981: 127,030,934
- Babies born in 1981 every day: 348,030
- Babies born in 1981 every minute: 242
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 57,049 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,765 babies
- Roman numerals: I.V.MCMLXXXI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 29, 1969 – Lucero, Mexican singer-songwriter and actress; October 25, 1928 – Marion Ross, American actress and singer; January 17, 1970 – Genndy Tartakovsky, Russian-American animator, director, and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,064