Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1940 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1940 was a Thursday and it was the 137th day of the year 1940. It was the 20th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1940 calendar will be in 2024. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
Today is your birthday. Happy birthday! You are now 81 years old today. There have been 29,585 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,862 days or 27.00 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,002 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1972.
If a dog named Nibby - a Mutt breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 380 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Nibby will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Nibby will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1913Woody Herman
- 1917George Gaynes
- 1936Roy Hudd
- 1948Jesper Christensen
- 1957Yuri Shevchuk
- 1966Metin Şentürk
- 1974Laura Pausini
- 1978Jim Sturgess
- 1982Billy Crawford
View the complete list of May 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1763Louis Nicolas Vauquelin, French pharmacist and chemist (d. 1829)
- 1917George Gaynes, Finnish-American actor and singer
- 1920Martine Carol, French actress (d. 1967)
- 1925Ola Vincent, Nigerian banker and economist (d. 2012)
- 1929Betty Carter, American singer-songwriter (d. 1998)
- 1943Dan Coats, American politician and diplomat, 29th United States Ambassador to Germany
- 1944Antal Nagy, Hungarian footballer
- 1946Robert Fripp, English guitarist, songwriter, and producer (King Crimson, The League of Gentlemen, Giles, Giles and Fripp, and Fripp & Eno)
- 1962Lisa Yuskavage, American painter
- 1968Ralph Tresvant, American singer, actor, and producer (New Edition and Heads of State)
View the complete list of May 16 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Willard’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 218Julia Maesa, aunt of the assassinated Caracalla, is banished to her home in Syria by the self-proclaimed emperor Macrinus and declares her 14-year-old grandson Elagabalus, emperor of Rome.
- 1527The Florentines drive out the Medici for a second time and Florence re-establishes itself as a republic.
- 1584Santiago de Vera becomes sixth Governor-General of the Spanish colony of the Philippines.
- 1811Peninsular War: The allies Spain, Portugal and United Kingdom, defeat the French at the Battle of Albuera.
- 1834The Battle of Asseiceira is fought, the last and decisive engagement of the Liberal Wars in Portugal.
- 1877May 1877 political crisis in France.
- 1918The Sedition Act of 1918 is passed by the U.S. Congress, making criticism of the government during wartime an imprisonable offense. It will be repealed less than two years later.
- 1960Theodore Maiman operates the first optical laser (a ruby laser), at Hughes Research Laboratories in Malibu, California.
- 1983Sudan People’s Liberation Army/Movement rebels against the Sudanese government.
- 1988A report by the Surgeon General of the United States C. Everett Koop states that the addictive properties of nicotine are similar to those of heroin and cocaine.
View the complete list of May 16 historical events.
Curious about this White Drizzle Fractus? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16, and 1940 reveal that your Life Path number is 8. It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Hrishikesh Mukherjee, Jim White, Walker Edmiston, Jadin Gould, Louis Mandylor, Lane Davies, Sly Stone, Gareth Hunt, Allari Naresh, David Cronenberg.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 16, 1940.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th May 1940 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 28, 1931. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +172. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 27, 1947. Your score is -163. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Spain approximately on 925. Your profession was seaman, dealer, businessman, broker.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn determination and persistency. Every misfortune should crash upon your strong will.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 56,201 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 62,471 times in the year 1940. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 16, 1940. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1940
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 20th Thursday of 1940
- Next same calendar year: 2024
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 0 day
- Current age: 81 years old
- Days since birth: 29,585 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,862 days
- Years spent sleeping: 27.00 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,002
- Next full moon: May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1972
- Age in dog years: 380 dog years old using a Mutt breed
- Life path number and meaning: 8 – It represents experience, authority and endeavour. You are gifted with natural leadership and the capacity to accumulate great wealth.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: August 28, 1931 (+172)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 27, 1947 (-163)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 56,201 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 62,471 babies
- Roman numerals: XVI.V.MCMXL
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 26, 1985 – Jonathan Groff, American actor and singer; June 24, 1983 – John Lloyd Cruz, Filipino actor; May 6, 1964 – Dana Hill, American actress and singer (d. 1996).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,874