Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1948 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1948 was a Sunday and it was the 137th day of the year 1948. It was the 20th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1948 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 53 days left before your next birthday. You will be 71 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,879 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,626 days or 23.62 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 877 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1980.
If a dog named Hollywood - a Toy Fox Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 300 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Hollywood will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Hollywood will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1891Richard Tauber
- 1909Margaret Sullavan
- 1920Martine Carol
- 1944Danny Trejo
- 1948Jesper Christensen
- 1955Hazel O'Connor
- 1958Gitane Demone
- 1973Jason Acuña
- 1974Laura Pausini
- 1982Ju Ji-hoon
View the complete list of May 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1861H. H. Holmes, American serial killer (d. 1896)
- 1900Aage Winther-Jørgensen, Danish actor (d. 1967)
- 1947Darrell Sweet, English-Scottish drummer (Nazareth) (d. 1999)
- 1955Olga Korbut, Belarusian gymnast
- 1966Sommore, American actress, producer, and screenwriter
- 1970Gabriela Sabatini, Argentinian tennis player
- 1977Jean-Sébastien Giguère, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1981Joseph Morgan, English actor and producer
- 1987Tom Onslow-Cole, English race car driver
- 1994Kathinka von Deichmann, Liechtensteinerin tennis player
View the complete list of May 16 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1568Mary, Queen of Scots, flees to England.
- 1771The Battle of Alamance, a pre-American Revolutionary War battle between local militia and a group of rebels called The “Regulators”, occurs in present-day Alamance County, North Carolina.
- 1834The Battle of Asseiceira is fought, the last and decisive engagement of the Liberal Wars in Portugal.
- 1866The U.S. Congress eliminates the half dime coin and replaces it with the five cent piece, or nickel.
- 1868United States President Andrew Johnson is acquitted in his impeachment trial by one vote in the United States Senate.
- 1929In Hollywood, the first Academy Awards are awarded.
- 1960Theodore Maiman operates the first optical laser (a ruby laser), at Hughes Research Laboratories in Malibu, California.
- 1961Park Chung-hee leads a coup d'état to overthrow the Second Republic of South Korea.
- 1969Venera program: Venera 5, a Soviet space probe, lands on Venus.
- 2007Nicolas Sarkozy takes office as President of France.
View the complete list of May 16 historical events.
Curious about this Glazed Yellow Sunrise? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16, and 1948 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Young Jeezy, Bo Goldman, Govinda, Siiri Nordin, Daniel Roche, Little Eva, Beth Toussaint, H.R., Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Peter Nelson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 16, 1948.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th May 1948 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on October 22, 1957. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +143. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on February 12, 1926. Your incompatibility score is -124. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Western Africa approximately on 800. Your profession was writer, dramatist, organizer of rituals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to combat violence and disharmony in our world, to understand its roots and origins. All global problems have similar origins.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 96,209 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 88,588 times in the year 1948. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 16, 1948. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1948
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 20th Sunday of 1948
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 53 days
- Age on next birthday: 71 years old
- Days since birth: 25,879 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,626 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.62 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 877
- Next full moon: April 19 at 11:14:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1980
- Age in dog years: 300 dog years old using a Toy Fox Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 7 – It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: October 22, 1957 (+143)
- Worst compatible birthday: February 12, 1926 (-124)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 96,209 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 88,588 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 9, 1965 – Mark Pellegrino, American actor; August 17, 1993 – Cinta Laura, German-Indonesian actress and singer; January 7, 1938 – Lena Granhagen, Swedish actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,811