Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1961 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1961 was a Tuesday and it was the 136th day of the year 1961. The next time you can reuse your old 1961 calendar will be in 2017. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 19 days left before your next birthday. You will be 56 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,435 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 692 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 10 at 21:44:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1921Harry Carey, Jr.
- 1931Jack Dodson
- 1955Debra Winger
- 1955Hazel O'Connor
- 1958Glenn Gregory
- 1970Danielle Spencer
- 1971Rachel Goswell
- 1978Jim Sturgess
- 1983Nancy Ajram
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 16.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1611Pope Innocent XI (d. 1689)
- 1931K. Natwar Singh, Indian scholar and politician, Indian Minister of External Affairs
- 1945Nicky Chinn, English songwriter and producer
- 1948Emma Georgina Rothschild, English historian and academic
- 1963David Wilkinson, English theologian and academic
- 1964Mary Anne Hobbs, English DJ and journalist
- 1965Krist Novoselic, American bass player and songwriter (Nirvana, Flipper, Sweet 75, The No WTO Combo, and Eyes Adrift)
- 1975Tony Kakko, Finnish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Sonata Arctica and Northern Kings)
- 1984Mickie Knuckles, American wrestler
- 1990Darko Šarović, Serbian sprinter
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 16.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1532Sir Thomas More resigns as Lord Chancellor of England.
- 1811Peninsular War: The allies Spain, Portugal and United Kingdom, defeat the French at the Battle of Albuera.
- 1866The U.S. Congress eliminates the half dime coin and replaces it with the five cent piece, or nickel.
- 1960Theodore Maiman operates the first optical laser (a ruby laser), at Hughes Research Laboratories in Malibu, California.
- 1961Park Chung-hee leads a coup d'état to overthrow the Second Republic of South Korea.
- 1966The Communist Party of China issues the “May 16 Notice”, marking the beginning of the Cultural Revolution.
- 1975India annexes Sikkim after the mountain state holds a referendum in which the popular vote is in favor of merging with India.
- 1986The Seville Statement on Violence is adopted by an international meeting of scientists, convened by the Spanish National Commission for UNESCO, in Seville, Spain.
- 1988A report by the Surgeon General of the United States C. Everett Koop states that the addictive properties of nicotine are similar to those of heroin and cocaine.
- 2015A passenger train collides with a tractor and trailer on a level crossing at Ibbenbüren, Germany. Two people are killed and 40 are injured.
View the complete list of historical events for May 16.
Curious about this Heavenly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16 and 1961 reveal that your Life Path number is 2. It represents balance, harmony and partnership. You have the soul of an artist. You are a fine companion and possess a good sense of humor. Friends seek you out for your calming and peaceful company.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Abby Elliott, Leah Remini, Hank Snow, Kenichi Hagiwara, Fad Gadget, John Qualen, Mica Paris, Rafaela Aparicio, Giannis Aggelakas, Woody Harrelson.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the element of a person born on May 16, 1961.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Mother-in-Law by Ernie K-Doe as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 22, 1961). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 16, 1991 – Tomomi Kasai, Japanese actress and singer (AKB48 and Queen & Elizabeth); January 2, 1961 – Gabrielle Carteris, American actress; June 9, 1950 – David Troughton, English actor.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 970