Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 16th of May 1972 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 16, 1972 was a Tuesday and it was the 137th day of the year 1972. It was the 20th Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1972 calendar will be in 2028. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 334 days left before your next birthday. You will be 50 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,928 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,976 days or 16.36 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 607 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 2004.
If a dog named Shawn - a German Shorthaired Pointer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 240 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Shawn will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Shawn will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1937Yvonne Craig
- 1940Ole Ernst
- 1955Debra Winger
- 1964Boyd Tinsley
- 1964Milton Jones
- 1974Sonny Sandoval
- 1982Ju Ji-hoon
- 1990Thomas Brodie-Sangster
View the complete list of May 16 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 16.
- 1900Aage Winther-Jørgensen, Danish actor (d. 1967)
- 1906Arturo Uslar Pietri, Venezuelan lawyer, journalist, and author (d. 2001)
- 1907Luigi Villoresi, Italian race car driver (d. 1997)
- 1910Higashifushimi Kunihide, Japanese monk and educator (d. 2014)
- 1925Nílton Santos, Brazilian footballer (d. 2013)
- 1957Benjamin Mancroft, 3rd Baron Mancroft, English politician
- 1971Rachel Goswell, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Slowdive and Mojave 3)
- 1978Scott Nicholls, English motorcycle racer
- 1980Nuria Llagostera Vives, Spanish tennis player
- 1982Billy Crawford, Filipino-American singer-songwriter and actor
View the complete list of May 16 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KTEHQAJO? Check your answers here: Word finder KTEHQAJO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 218Julia Maesa, aunt of the assassinated Caracalla, is banished to her home in Syria by the self-proclaimed emperor Macrinus and declares her 14-year-old grandson Elagabalus, emperor of Rome.
- 1834The Battle of Asseiceira is fought, the last and decisive engagement of the Liberal Wars in Portugal.
- 1866The U.S. Congress eliminates the half dime coin and replaces it with the five cent piece, or nickel.
- 1874A flood on the Mill River in Massachusetts destroys much of four villages and kills 139 people.
- 1920In Rome, Pope Benedict XV canonizes Joan of Arc.
- 1953American journalist William N. Oatis is released after serving 22 months of a ten-year prison sentence for espionage in Czechoslovakia.
- 1975India annexes Sikkim after the mountain state holds a referendum in which the popular vote is in favor of merging with India.
- 1975Junko Tabei becomes the first woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest.
- 1986The Seville Statement on Violence is adopted by an international meeting of scientists, convened by the Spanish National Commission for UNESCO, in Seville, Spain.
- 2015A passenger train collides with a tractor and trailer on a level crossing at Ibbenbüren, Germany. Two people are killed and 40 are injured.
View the complete list of May 16 historical events.
Curious about this Banana Whirly? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 16, and 1972 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Mike Kinsella, Shila Amzah, Bibi Andersson, Rian Johnson, Michel Martelly, Ted McGinley, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Sheryl Lee, Joyce Brothers, Samuel David Moore.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 16 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 16, 1972.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 16th May 1972 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on August 4, 1999. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +133. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 2, 1952. Your score is -135. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,866,568,653. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 20, 1972). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-Central approximately on 1750. Your profession was entertainer, musician, poet, temple-dancer.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You should develop self-love and ability to implant hope into hearts of people. Ambition – is not everything. True wealth is buried in your soul.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,907,602 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1972. The estimated number of babies born on 16th May 1972 is 333,081. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 63,604 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 71,405 times in the year 1972. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 16” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 16, 1972. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1972
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 20th Tuesday of 1972
- Next same calendar year: 2028
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 334 days
- Age on next birthday: 50 years old
- Days since birth: 17,928 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,976 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.36 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 607
- Next full moon: June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 2004
- Age in dog years: 240 dog years old using a German Shorthaired Pointer breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: August 4, 1999 (+133)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 2, 1952 (-135)
- 1972 world population: 3,866,568,653
- Number one song: The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack (May 20, 1972)
- Babies born in 1972: 121,907,602
- Babies born in 1972 every day: 333,081
- Babies born in 1972 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 63,604 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 71,405 babies
- Roman numerals: XVI.V.MCMLXXII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 2, 1914 – Beatrice Straight, American actress (d. 2001); June 10, 1941 – Shirley Owens, American singer (Shirelles); September 18, 1905 – Greta Garbo, Swedish-American actress and singer (d. 1990).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,125