Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1901 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1901 was a Friday and it was the 137th day of the year 1901. It was the 20th Friday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1901 calendar will be in 2030. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Wednesday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 101 days left before your next birthday. You will be 122 years old when that day comes. There have been 44,459 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 14,820 days or 40.57 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 1,505 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1933.
If a dog named Clancy - a Belgian Tervuren breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 580 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Clancy will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Clancy will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1942Al White
- 1946Peter Hinwood
- 1948Dick Gaughan
- 1955Bill Paxton
- 1964David Eigenberg
- 1969Alan Doyle
- 1973Steve Barakatt
- 1975Kostas Sommer
- 1990Leven Rambin
- 1996Ryan Ochoa
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1888Tich Freeman, English cricketer (d. 1965)
- 1895Reinhold Saulmann, Estonian sprinter and bandy player (d. 1936)
- 1912Ace Parker, American baseball and football player (d. 2013)
- 1938Jason Bernard, American actor (d. 1996)
- 1940Alan Kay, American computer scientist and academic
- 1941Ben Nelson, American lawyer and politician, 37th Governor of Nebraska
- 1946Udo Lindenberg, German singer-songwriter and drummer (Passport)
- 1949Bill Bruford, English drummer, songwriter, and producer (Yes, King Crimson, UK, Earthworks, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe, and National Health)
- 1964Menno Oosting, Dutch tennis player (d. 1999)
- 1980Fredrik Kessiakoff, Swedish cyclist
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OQTFEZAFE? Check your answers here: Word solver OQTFEZAFE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1536George Boleyn, 2nd Viscount Rochford and four other men are executed for treason.
- 1590Anne of Denmark is crowned Queen of Scotland.
- 1814The Constitution of Norway is signed and Crown Prince Christian Frederick of Denmark is elected King of Norway by the Norwegian Constituent Assembly.
- 1859Members of the Melbourne Football Club codified the first rules of Australian rules football.
- 1902Greek archaeologist Valerios Stais discovers the Antikythera mechanism, an ancient mechanical analog computer.
- 1969Venera program: Soviet Venera 6 begins its descent into the atmosphere of Venus, sending back atmospheric data before being crushed by pressure.
- 1974Police in Los Angeles raid the Symbionese Liberation Army’s headquarters, killing six members, including Camilla Hall.
- 1983The U.S. Department of Energy declassifies documents showing world’s largest mercury pollution event in Oak Ridge, Tennessee (ultimately found to be 4.2 million pounds), in response to the Appalachian Observer’s Freedom of Information Act request.
- 1990The General Assembly of the World Health Organization (WHO) eliminates homosexuality from the list of psychiatric diseases.
- 2015At least 9 people are killed and 18 injured, some by law enforcement and others in gunfire exchanges, in a shootout between rival biker gangs in Waco, Texas.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Choco Bubble Cube? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1901 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Phillip Walker, Antonie Adamberger, Martha Byrne, Melissa McIntyre, Rosa Kato, Vince McMahon, Tatyana Ali, Aurora Bautista, Greg Tribbett, Aya Ishiguro.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1901.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Friday’ is emerald.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1901 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 21, 1914. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +146. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 17, 1930. Your score is -169. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Burma approximately on 950. Your profession was banker, usurer, moneylender, judge.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Natural talent of psychologist, you knew how to use the opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your problem – to learn determination and persistency. Every misfortune should crash upon your strong will.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 13,136 baby girls. For the boys it’s John. This name was recorded 6,900 times in the year 1901. Any chance you are Mary or John? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1901. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1901
- Day of week: Friday
- Day of week birthstone: Emerald
- Week index: 20th Friday of 1901
- Next same calendar year: 2030
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Friday
- Day of week in 2025: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 101 days
- Age on next birthday: 122 years old
- Days since birth: 44,459 days
- Days spent sleeping: 14,820 days
- Years spent sleeping: 40.57 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 1,505
- Next full moon: February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1933
- Age in dog years: 580 dog years old using a Belgian Tervuren breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: January 21, 1914 (+146)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 17, 1930 (-169)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 13,136 babies
- Popular boy’s name: John – 6,900 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 31, 1976 – Vice Ganda, Filipino actor and singer; April 3, 1904 – Sally Rand, American actress and dancer (d. 1979); January 22, 1952 – Ace Vergel, Filipino actor (d. 2007).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,882