Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1941 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1941 was a Saturday and it was the 137th day of the year 1941. It was the 20th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1941 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 237 days left before your next birthday. You will be 79 years old when that day comes. There have been 28,618 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,539 days or 26.12 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 969 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 13 at 21:09:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1973.
If a dog named Pitcher - a Shetland Sheepdog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 332 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Pitcher will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Pitcher will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Lisa Fonssagrives
- 1918Birgit Nilsson
- 1945Esin Engin
- 1955Bill Paxton
- 1955David Townsend
- 1958Paul Di'Anno
- 1963Taimo Toomast
- 1973Matthew McGrory
- 1973Sasha Alexander
- 1981Lim Jeong-hee
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1889Dorothy Gibson, American actress and singer (d. 1946)
- 1895Reinhold Saulmann, Estonian sprinter and bandy player (d. 1936)
- 1940Alan Kay, American computer scientist and academic
- 1949Bill Bruford, English drummer, songwriter, and producer (Yes, King Crimson, UK, Earthworks, Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe, and National Health)
- 1960Lou DiBella, American boxing promoter, actor, and producer
- 1962Craig Ferguson, Scottish-American comedian, actor, and talk show host
- 1969Tabatha Coffey, Australian hairstylist
- 1987Edvald Boasson Hagen, Norwegian cyclist
- 1990Fabian Giefer, German footballer
- 1991Johanna Konta, Australian-English tennis player
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Rebecca’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1521Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham, is executed for treason.
- 1536The annulment of Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn’s marriage.
- 1673Louis Jolliet and Jacques Marquette begin exploring the Mississippi River.
- 1792The New York Stock Exchange is formed under the Buttonwood Agreement.
- 1869Imperial Japanese forces defeat the remnants of the Tokugawa shogunate in the Battle of Hakodate to end the Boshin War.
- 1875Aristides wins the first Kentucky Derby.
- 1900Second Boer War: British troops relieve Mafeking.
- 1974The Troubles: Thirty-three civilians are killed and 300 injured when the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) detonates four car bombs in Dublin and Monaghan, Republic of Ireland. It is the deadliest attack of the Troubles and the deadliest terrorist attack in the Republic’s history. There are allegations that British state forces were involved.
- 2000Arsenal and Galatasaray fans clash in the 2000 UEFA Cup Final riots in Copenhagen
- 2007Trains from North and South Korea cross the 38th Parallel in a test-run agreed by both governments. This is the first time that trains have crossed the Demilitarized Zone since 1953.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Cherry Buttercream? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1941 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Famke Janssen, Daniel Ash, Aiko, Sanaa Lathan, David Kaufman, Elizabeth Anne Allen, Astrud Gilberto, Violetta Villas, Herbert Wise, Derri Daugherty.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Snake is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1941.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1941 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 21, 1914. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +252. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 15, 1928. Your incompatibility score is -217. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Turkey approximately on 1550. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You always liked to travel, to investigate, could have been detective or spy.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – development and expansion of your mental consciousness. Find good teacher, spend a part of your time and energy on his wisdom.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 58,040 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 66,731 times in the year 1941. Any chance you are Mary or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1941. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1941
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 20th Saturday of 1941
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 237 days
- Age on next birthday: 79 years old
- Days since birth: 28,618 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,539 days
- Years spent sleeping: 26.12 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 969
- Next full moon: October 13 at 21:09:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1973
- Age in dog years: 332 dog years old using a Shetland Sheepdog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Snake
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: January 21, 1914 (+252)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 15, 1928 (-217)
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 58,040 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 66,731 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMXLI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 26, 1969 – Hitoshi Sakimoto, Japanese composer and producer; March 22, 1996 – Gig Morton, Canadian actor; July 15, 1946 – Linda Ronstadt, American singer-songwriter, producer, and actress (Stone Poneys and Free Creek).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,963