Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1955 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1955 was a Tuesday and it was the 137th day of the year 1955. It was the 20th Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1955 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 339 days left before your next birthday. You will be 67 years old when that day comes. There have been 24,133 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,044 days or 22.02 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 817 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 1987.
If a dog named Verny - a Greyhound breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 352 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Verny will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Verny will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Lisa Fonssagrives
- 1926Cicely Berry
- 1941Grace Zabriskie
- 1945Esin Engin
- 1946Peter Hinwood
- 1949Bill Bruford
- 1963Taimo Toomast
- 1970Angelica Agurbash
- 1975Kostas Sommer
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1768Caroline of Brunswick (d. 1821)
- 1821Sebastian Kneipp, German priest and therapist (d. 1897)
- 1911Lisa Fonssagrives, Swedish-American model (d. 1992)
- 1913Hans Ruesch, Swiss race car driver and author (d. 2007)
- 1939Hugh Dykes, Baron Dykes, English politician
- 1945Tony Roche, Australian tennis player and coach
- 1947Stephen Platten, English bishop
- 1982Dan Hardy, English mixed martial artist
- 1983Jeremy Sowers, American baseball player
- 1984Christian Bolaños, Costa Rican footballer
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NBWMUEOR? Check your answers here: Word scramble NBWMUEOR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1395Battle of Rovine, Wallachians defeat an invading Ottoman army.
- 1521Edward Stafford, 3rd Duke of Buckingham, is executed for treason.
- 1805Muhammad Ali becomes Wāli of Egypt.
- 1859Members of the Melbourne Football Club codified the first rules of Australian rules football.
- 1940World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- 1943World War II: the Dambuster Raids by No. 617 Squadron RAF on German dams.
- 1970Thor Heyerdahl sets sail from Morocco on the papyrus boat Ra II to sail the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1983Lebanon, Israel, and the United States sign an agreement on Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon.
- 1992Three days of popular protests against the government of Prime Minister of Thailand Suchinda Kraprayoon begin in Bangkok, leading to a military crackdown that results in 52 officially confirmed deaths, many disappearances, hundreds of injuries, and over 3,500 arrests.
- 1994Malawi holds its first multi-party elections.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Rainbow Pop? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1955 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Salman Khan, Sean McCann, Ewan MacColl, Stan Freberg, Robert Walden, John Cassavetes, Cathy Cavadini, Liselotte Pulver, Beverly Sills, Shōta Sometani.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Sheep is the mythical animal and Wood is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1955.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1955 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on May 26, 1942. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +125. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 10, 1961. Your score is -109. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 2,782,098,943. (U.S. Census Bureau)
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of USA South-West approximately on 1375. Your profession was preacher, publisher, scribbler of ancient inscriptions.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your main task – to make the world more beautiful. Physical and spiritual deserts are just waiting for your touch. Keep smiling!
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 99,438,148 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1955. The estimated number of babies born on 17th May 1955 is 272,433. That’s equivalent to 189 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 63,162 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 88,335 times in the year 1955. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1955. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1955
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 20th Tuesday of 1955
- Next same calendar year: 2022
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2023: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 339 days
- Age on next birthday: 67 years old
- Days since birth: 24,133 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,044 days
- Years spent sleeping: 22.02 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 817
- Next full moon: June 24 at 18:42:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 1987
- Age in dog years: 352 dog years old using a Greyhound breed
- Life path number and meaning: 6 – It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Sheep
- Eastern zodiac element: Wood
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: May 26, 1942 (+125)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 10, 1961 (-109)
- 1955 world population: 2,782,098,943
- Babies born in 1955: 99,438,148
- Babies born in 1955 every day: 272,433
- Babies born in 1955 every minute: 189
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 63,162 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 88,335 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMLV
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 25, 1973 – Demetri Martin, American comedian, actor, and singer; April 4, 1932 – Clive Davis, American record producer, founded Arista Records and J Records; April 1, 1923 – Bobby Jordan, American actor (d. 1965).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,919