Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1970 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1970 was a Sunday and it was the 137th day of the year 1970. It was the 20th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1970 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 236 days left before your next birthday. You will be 51 years old when that day comes. There have been 18,392 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,131 days or 16.78 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 623 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 1 at 21:06:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 23, 2002.
If a dog named Stuartlittle - a Finnish Lapphund breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 245 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Stuartlittle will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Stuartlittle will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1911Lisa Fonssagrives
- 1911Maureen O'Sullivan
- 1942Al White
- 1946Udo Lindenberg
- 1955David Townsend
- 1956Bob Saget
- 1956Sugar Ray Leonard
- 1965Trent Reznor
- 1980Dallas Taylor
- 1996Ryan Ochoa
View the complete list of May 17 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1845Jacint Verdaguer, Catalan priest and poet (d. 1902)
- 1895Mary Josephine Ray, Canadian-American super-centenarian (d. 2010)
- 1944Jesse Winchester, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (d. 2014)
- 1950Howard Ashman, American playwright and composer (d. 1991)
- 1964Mauro Martini, Italian race car driver
- 1966Mark Kratzmann, Australian tennis player and coach
- 1975Jonti Picking, English voice actor, singer, and animator
- 1976Daniel Komen, Kenyan runner
- 1981Beñat Albizuri, Spanish cyclist
- 1982Reiko Nakamura, Japanese swimmer
View the complete list of May 17 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IFHBUVEU? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters IFHBUVEU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1590Anne of Denmark is crowned Queen of Scotland.
- 1673Louis Jolliet and Jacques Marquette begin exploring the Mississippi River.
- 1939The Columbia Lions and the Princeton Tigers play in the United States’ first televised sporting event, a collegiate baseball game in New York City.
- 1940World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- 1974Police in Los Angeles raid the Symbionese Liberation Army’s headquarters, killing six members, including Camilla Hall.
- 1980General Chun Doo-hwan of South Korea seizes control of the government and declares martial law in order to suppress student demonstrations.
- 1994Malawi holds its first multi-party elections.
- 1997Troops of Laurent Kabila march into Kinshasa. Zaire is officially renamed Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- 2007Trains from North and South Korea cross the 38th Parallel in a test-run agreed by both governments. This is the first time that trains have crossed the Demilitarized Zone since 1953.
- 2014A plane crash in northern Laos kills 17 people.
View the complete list of May 17 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Strawberry? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17, and 1970 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Maxine Sullivan, Alison Goldfrapp, Daichi Miura, Anupam Kher, Lesley-Anne Down, Matt Ross, Max Martini, Ann Shoemaker, Sam Mendes, Virginia Gibson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dog is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 17, 1970.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 17th May 1970 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on October 22, 1974. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +147. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on December 27, 1986. Your score is -177. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,712,697,742. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was American Woman / No Sugar Tonight by The Guess Who as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 23, 1970). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern China approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,504,132 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1970. The estimated number of babies born on 17th May 1970 is 332,888. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 46,157 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,303 times in the year 1970. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 17” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 17, 1970. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 137th day of 1970
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 20th Sunday of 1970
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2022: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 236 days
- Age on next birthday: 51 years old
- Days since birth: 18,392 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,131 days
- Years spent sleeping: 16.78 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 623
- Next full moon: October 1 at 21:06:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 23, 2002
- Age in dog years: 245 dog years old using a Finnish Lapphund breed
- Life path number and meaning: 3 – It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dog
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: October 22, 1974 (+147)
- Worst compatible birthday: December 27, 1986 (-177)
- 1970 world population: 3,712,697,742
- Number one song: American Woman / No Sugar Tonight by The Guess Who (May 23, 1970)
- Babies born in 1970: 121,504,132
- Babies born in 1970 every day: 332,888
- Babies born in 1970 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 46,157 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,303 babies
- Roman numerals: XVII.V.MCMLXX
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: November 27, 1911 – David Merrick, American director and producer (d. 2000); October 27, 1915 – Harry Saltzman, Canadian-French production manager and producer (d. 1994); September 12, 1950 – Cynthia Myers, American model and actress (d. 2011).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,078