Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 17th of May 1983 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 17, 1983 was a Tuesday and it was the 137th day of the year 1983. The next time you can reuse your old 1983 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 271 days left before your next birthday. You will be 35 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,513 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 424 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 6 at 07:04:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get tips about your current relationship and how to improve it. Astrology reports to help you decide when to make yourself available for romantic or social activity. Get your love & romance reports or download free samples!
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1904Jean Gabin
- 1918A. C. Lyles
- 1918Birgit Nilsson
- 1935Dennis Potter
- 1938Jason Bernard
- 1946Peter Hinwood
- 1955Bill Paxton
- 1975Jonti Picking
- 1987Ott Lepland
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 17.
STOP! Are you ready to solve your biggest career problem? First, you need to find out what’s preventing you to move forward in your career. Unlock your potential for success with the Career Analysis report. Get a free sample – no obligation to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 17.
- 1891Princess Alexandra, 2nd Duchess of Fife (d. 1959)
- 1897Odd Hassel, Norwegian chemist and academic, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1981)
- 1903Cool Papa Bell, American baseball player and manager (d. 1991)
- 1944Jesse Winchester, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and producer (d. 2014)
- 1962Craig Ferguson, Scottish-American comedian, actor, and talk show host
- 1965Jeremy Vine, English journalist and author
- 1980Davor Džalto, Bosnian historian and philosopher
- 1983Channing Frye, American basketball player
- 1985Teófilo Gutiérrez, Colombian footballer
- 1986Marius Činikas, Lithuanian footballer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 17.
What is in store for you this year? Let these forecasts and predictions help you succeed in life. Benefit from life changing events and know when they occur. Make everyday activities easier to handle. Get your Forecast Reports or download free samples!
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1642Paul Chomedey de Maisonneuve (1612–1676) founds the Ville Marie de Montréal.
- 1775American Revolutionary War: the Continental Congress bans trade with Quebec.
- 1805Muhammad Ali becomes Wāli of Egypt.
- 1914The Protocol of Corfu is signed, recognising full autonomy to Northern Epirus under nominal Albanian sovereignty.
- 1940World War II: Germany occupies Brussels, Belgium.
- 1940World War II: the old city centre of the Dutch town of Middelburg is bombed by the German Luftwaffe, to force the surrender of the Dutch armies in Zeeland.
- 1954The United States Supreme Court hands down a unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas.
- 1967Six-Day War: President Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt demands dismantling of the peace-keeping UN Emergency Force in Egypt.
- 1974The Troubles: Thirty-three civilians are killed and 300 injured when the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF) detonates four car bombs in Dublin and Monaghan, Republic of Ireland. It is the deadliest attack of the Troubles and the deadliest terrorist attack in the Republic’s history. There are allegations that British state forces were involved.
- 2007Trains from North and South Korea cross the 38th Parallel in a test-run agreed by both governments. This is the first time that trains have crossed the Demilitarized Zone since 1953.
View the complete list of historical events for May 17.
Curious about this Heavenly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 17 and 1983 reveal that your Life Path number is 7. It represents analysis, awareness and understanding. You are the searcher and the seeker of the truth.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Jackie Collins, Judith Light, Thalía, Brett Anderson, K. P. Ummer, Tom Paxton, Aaliyah, Louisa Ghijs, Lauren Socha, Evelyn Knight.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 17 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the element of a person born on May 17, 1983.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly format.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Let’s Dance by David Bowie as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 21, 1983). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 28, 1945 – Wayne Fontana, English singer (The Mindbenders); September 20, 1928 – Kirsten Rolffes, Danish actress (d. 2000); October 7, 1978 – Omar Benson Miller, American actor and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,090