Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 20th of May 1959 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 20, 1959 was a Wednesday and it was the 140th day of the year 1959. It was the 20th Wednesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1959 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 30 days left before your next birthday. You will be 60 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,885 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,295 days or 19.97 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 742 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 18 at 21:13:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 26, 1991.
If a dog named Baltmore - a American Eskimo Dog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 256 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Baltmore will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Baltmore will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1936Anthony Zerbe
- 1955Zbigniew Preisner
- 1956Dean Butler
- 1959Bronson Pinchot
- 1970Louis Theroux
- 1986Yon González
- 1987Fra Fee
- 1988Miyu Nagase
- 1993Devon Seron
View the complete list of May 20 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 20.
- 1769Andreas Vokos Miaoulis, Greek admiral and politician (d. 1835)
- 1809Albert Newsam, American painter and illustrator (d. 1864)
- 1889Karin Molander, Swedish actress (d. 1978)
- 1924Zelmar Michelini, Uruguayan journalist and politician (d. 1976)
- 1955Zbigniew Preisner, Polish composer and producer
- 1977Chad Muska, American skateboarder and businessman
- 1983Chad Connell, Canadian actor
- 1987Mike Havenaar, Japanese footballer
- 1988Nathaniel Brown, American actor and director
- 1988Trīna Šlapeka, Latvian tennis player
View the complete list of May 20 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out what your name means! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 526An earthquake kills about 250,000 people in what is now Syria and Antiochia.
- 1497John Cabot sets sail from Bristol, England, on his ship Matthew looking for a route to the west (other documents give a May 2 date).
- 1802By the Law of 20 May 1802, Napoleon Bonaparte reinstates slavery in the French colonies, revoking its abolition in the French Revolution.
- 1861American Civil War: The state of Kentucky proclaims its neutrality, which will last until September 3 when Confederate forces enter the state. Meanwhile, the State of North Carolina secedes from the Union.
- 1899The first traffic ticket in the US: New York City taxi driver Jacob German was arrested for speeding while driving 12 miles per hour on Lexington Street.
- 1908Budi Utomo organization is founded in Dutch East Indies, beginning the Indonesian National Awakening.
- 1916The Saturday Evening Post publishes its first cover with a Norman Rockwell painting (Boy with Baby Carriage).
- 1927At 07:52 Charles Lindbergh takes off from Roosevelt Field in Long Island, New York, on the world’s first solo non-stop flight across the Atlantic Ocean. He touched down at Le Bourget Field in Paris at 22:22 the next day.
- 1983First publications of the discovery of the HIV virus that causes AIDS in the journal Science by Luc Montagnier.
- 1996Civil rights: The Supreme Court of the United States rules in Romer v. Evans against a law that would have prevented any city, town or county in the state of Colorado from taking any legislative, executive, or judicial action to protect the rights of gays and lesbians.
View the complete list of May 20 historical events.
Curious about this Vanilla Creme Sandwich? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 20, and 1959 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Robert Montgomery, Windsor Davies, John Karlen, Terry Kiser, Anneke van Giersbergen, Lloyd Cole, Dan-e-o, Françoise Fabian, Debbe Dunning, J. Madison Wright Morris.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 20 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 20, 1959.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Wednesday’ is amethyst.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 20th May 1959 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on March 5, 1939. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +131. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 8, 1974. Your incompatibility score is -112. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,000,716,593. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 25, 1959). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern China approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to learn humility and faith in spiritual principles. You should believe in High Reason.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 105,573,458 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1959. The estimated number of babies born on 20th May 1959 is 289,242. That’s equivalent to 201 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 54,477 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,255 times in the year 1959. Any chance you are Mary or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 20” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 20, 1959. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 140th day of 1959
- Day of week: Wednesday
- Day of week birthstone: Amethyst
- Week index: 20th Wednesday of 1959
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2021: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 30 days
- Age on next birthday: 60 years old
- Days since birth: 21,885 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,295 days
- Years spent sleeping: 19.97 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 742
- Next full moon: May 18 at 21:13:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 26, 1991
- Age in dog years: 256 dog years old using a American Eskimo Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: March 5, 1939 (+131)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 8, 1974 (-112)
- 1959 world population: 3,000,716,593
- Number one song: Kansas City by Wilbert Harrison (May 25, 1959)
- Babies born in 1959: 105,573,458
- Babies born in 1959 every day: 289,242
- Babies born in 1959 every minute: 201
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 54,477 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,255 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: July 6, 1978 – Adam Busch, American actor, director, and producer; March 6, 1972 – Jaret Reddick, American singer-songwriter, guitarist, and actor (Bowling For Soup and People on Vacation); April 20, 1972 – Stephen Marley, American singer, guitarist, and producer (Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,154