Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 23rd of May 1983 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 23, 1983 was a Monday and it was the 143rd day of the year 1983. It was the 21st Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1983 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Sunday. Next year it will be Monday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 80 days left before your next birthday. You will be 38 years old when that day comes. There have been 13,800 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,600 days or 12.59 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 468 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 29, 2015.
If a dog named Odin - a German Shepherd Dog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 213 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Odin will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Odin will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1931Patience Cleveland
- 1946Frederik de Groot
- 1952Anne-Marie David
- 1955Luka Bloom
- 1961Karen Duffy
- 1965Kappei Yamaguchi
- 1965Melissa McBride
- 1982Tristan Prettyman
- 1983Heidi Range
View the complete list of May 23 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 23.
- 1741Andrea Luchesi, Italian organist and composer (d. 1801)
- 1879Dezső Lauber, Hungarian tennis player and architect (d. 1966)
- 1899Jeralean Talley, American super-centenarian
- 1910Artie Shaw, American clarinet player, composer, and bandleader (d. 2004)
- 1911Paul Augustin Mayer, German cardinal (d. 2010)
- 1944Alan Bowman, English scholar and academic
- 1952Martin Parr, English photographer and journalist
- 1958Drew Carey, American actor and game show host
- 1964Ruth Metzler, Swiss lawyer and politician
- 1973Klaus Ambrosch, Austrian decathlete
View the complete list of May 23 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DGOREAUEB? Check your answers here: Word scramble DGOREAUEB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 844Battle of Clavijo: The Apostle Saint James the Greater is said to have miraculously appeared to a force of outnumbered Asturians and aided them against the forces of the Emir of Cordoba.
- 1533The marriage of King Henry VIII to Catherine of Aragon is declared null and void.
- 1900American Civil War: Sergeant William Harvey Carney is awarded the Medal of Honor for his heroism in the Assault on the Battery Wagner in 1863.
- 1939The U.S. Navy submarine USS Squalus sinks off the coast of New Hampshire during a test dive, causing the death of 24 sailors and two civilian technicians. The remaining 32 sailors and one civilian naval architect are rescued the following day.
- 1945World War II: The Flensburg Government under Reichspräsident Karl Dönitz is dissolved when its members are captured and arrested by British forces at Flensburg in Northern Germany.
- 1951Tibetans sign the Seventeen Point Agreement for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet with China.
- 1970Robert Stephenson’s pioneering Britannia Tubular Bridge over the Menai Strait is catastrophically damaged by fire after standing for 120 years.
- 2002The “55 parties” clause of the Kyoto Protocol is reached after its ratification by Iceland.
- 2015At least 46 people are killed as a result of floods caused by a tornado in Texas and Oklahoma.
- 2015The Republic of Ireland votes to legalize same-sex marriage, becoming the first country to legalize same-sex marriage by popular vote.
View the complete list of May 23 historical events.
Curious about this Blueberry Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 23, and 1983 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Colin Blunstone, Susanne Blakeslee, Peter Murphy, Robert Webber, Jessica Tuck, Melina Mercouri, Clive Dunn, Tim Armstrong, Michael T. Weiss, Oliver Lee.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 23 is Gemini ♊ (The Twins) – a mutable sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 23, 1983.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Gemini is agate. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 23rd May 1983 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on March 8, 1966. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +187. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 15, 1994. Your score is -175. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,695,736,743. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Flashdance… What a Feeling by Irene Cara as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 28, 1983). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Hungary approximately on 1375. Your profession was preacher, publisher, scribbler of ancient inscriptions.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your main lesson in present – to develop magnanimity and feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to have only as many, as you may give back.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 131,547,856 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1983. The estimated number of babies born on 23rd May 1983 is 360,405. That’s equivalent to 250 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 54,342 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,995 times in the year 1983. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 23” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 23, 1983. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 143rd day of 1983
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 21st Monday of 1983
- Next same calendar year: 2022
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Monday
- Day of week in 2023: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 80 days
- Age on next birthday: 38 years old
- Days since birth: 13,800 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,600 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.59 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 468
- Next full moon: March 28 at 18:50:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 29, 2015
- Age in dog years: 213 dog years old using a German Shepherd Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Gemini ♊ (The Twins)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Agate
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: March 8, 1966 (+187)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 15, 1994 (-175)
- 1983 world population: 4,695,736,743
- Number one song: Flashdance… What a Feeling by Irene Cara (May 28, 1983)
- Babies born in 1983: 131,547,856
- Babies born in 1983 every day: 360,405
- Babies born in 1983 every minute: 250
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 54,342 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,995 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIII.V.MCMLXXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 25, 1986 – Aya Matsuura, Japanese singer and actress (GAM, Gomattō, 3nin Matsuri, and Def.Diva); August 29, 1965 – Dina Spybey, American actress; June 12, 1953 – Rocky Burnette, American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,165