Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 23rd of May 1983 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 23, 1983 was a Monday and it was the 143rd day of the year 1983. It was the 21st Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1983 calendar will be in 2033. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 241 days left before your next birthday. You will be 41 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,735 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,912 days or 13.45 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 499 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 29 at 09:58:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 29, 2015.
If a dog named Musa - a Entlebucher Mountain Dog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 200 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Musa will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Musa will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Alvin’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1925Mac Wiseman
- 1929Ulla Jacobsson
- 1942Zalman King
- 1954Marvelous Marvin Hagler
- 1958Drew Carey
- 1960Linden Ashby
- 1965Tom Tykwer
- 1983Cas Alfonso
- 1983Heidi Range
View the complete list of May 23 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 23.
- 1052Philip I of France (d. 1108)
- 1729Giuseppe Parini, Italian poet and educator (d. 1799)
- 1882William Halpenny, Canadian pole vaulter (d. 1960)
- 1908John Bardeen, American physicist and engineer, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1991)
- 1911Lou Brouillard, Canadian boxer (d. 1984)
- 1920Helen O'Connell, American singer (d. 1993)
- 1933Joan Collins, English actress
- 1948Myriam Boyer, French actress, director, and producer
- 1948Reggie Cleveland, Canadian-American baseball player
- 1975Kim Sung-soo, South Korean actor and television host
View the complete list of May 23 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1533The marriage of King Henry VIII to Catherine of Aragon is declared null and void.
- 1568Dutch rebels led by Louis of Nassau, defeat Jean de Ligne, Duke of Arenberg, and his loyalist troops in the Battle of Heiligerlee, opening the Eighty Years’ War.
- 1846Mexican–American War: President Mariano Paredes of Mexico unofficially declares war on the United States.
- 1911The New York Public Library is dedicated.
- 1934The American bank robbers Bonnie and Clyde are ambushed by police and killed in Bienville Parish, Louisiana.
- 1945World War II: Heinrich Himmler, the head of the Schutzstaffel, commits suicide while in Allied custody.
- 1949The Federal Republic of Germany is established and the Basic Law for the Federal Republic of Germany is proclaimed.
- 2002The “55 parties” clause of the Kyoto Protocol is reached after its ratification by Iceland.
- 2006Alaskan stratovolcano Mount Cleveland erupts.
- 2012Adam Lambert became the first openly gay artist to debut at #1 on the Billboard 200 Album Charts, with his album Trespassing.
View the complete list of May 23 historical events.
Curious about this Warm Green Kokoro? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 23, and 1983 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: The D.O.C., Zuhal Olcay, Rand Brooks, Masashi Sada, Anna Panayiotopoulou, Gene Barry, Carla Thomas, Amanda Overmyer, Terence Davies, Johann Urb.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 23 is Gemini ♊ (The Twins) – a mutable sign with Air as Western element. The ruling planet is Mercury – the planet of communication. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 23, 1983.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Gemini is agate. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 23rd May 1983 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on March 8, 1966. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +187. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 15, 1994. Your score is -175. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,695,736,743. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Flashdance… What a Feeling by Irene Cara as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 28, 1983). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Hungary approximately on 1375. Your profession was preacher, publisher, scribbler of ancient inscriptions.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your main lesson in present – to develop magnanimity and feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to have only as many, as you may give back.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 131,547,856 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1983. The estimated number of babies born on 23rd May 1983 is 360,405. That’s equivalent to 250 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 54,342 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 67,995 times in the year 1983. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 23” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 23, 1983. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 143rd day of 1983
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 21st Monday of 1983
- Next same calendar year: 2033
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2025: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 241 days
- Age on next birthday: 41 years old
- Days since birth: 14,735 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,912 days
- Years spent sleeping: 13.45 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 499
- Next full moon: September 29 at 09:58:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 29, 2015
- Age in dog years: 200 dog years old using a Entlebucher Mountain Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Gemini ♊ (The Twins)
- Western zodiac element: Air
- Western zodiac sign quality: Mutable
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Mercury – the planet of communication
- Western zodiac gemstone: Agate
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: March 8, 1966 (+187)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 15, 1994 (-175)
- 1983 world population: 4,695,736,743
- Number one song: Flashdance… What a Feeling by Irene Cara (May 28, 1983)
- Babies born in 1983: 131,547,856
- Babies born in 1983 every day: 360,405
- Babies born in 1983 every minute: 250
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 54,342 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 67,995 babies
- Roman numerals: XXIII.V.MCMLXXXIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 1, 1947 – Jonathan Pryce, Welsh actor and singer; August 18, 1972 – Keiko, Japanese singer (Globe); January 7, 1936 – Ian La Frenais, English screenwriter and producer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,033