Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 3rd of May 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 3, 1947 was a Saturday and it was the 123rd day of the year 1947. It was the 18th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Monday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 144 days left before your next birthday. You will be 73 years old when that day comes. There have been 26,520 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,840 days or 24.20 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 898 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 12 at 05:14:00 GMT – Thursday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 9, 1979.
If a dog named Rekha - a Irish Setter breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 379 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Rekha will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Rekha will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1917Betty Comden
- 1919Pete Seeger
- 1921Sugar Ray Robinson
- 1940Conny Plank
- 1951Alan Clayson
- 1952Caitlin Clarke
- 1954Patti Boulaye
- 1966Firdous Bamji
- 1970Bobby Cannavale
- 1981Charlie Brooks
View the complete list of May 3 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 3.
- 1896Dodie Smith, English author and playwright (d. 1990)
- 1898Golda Meir, Ukrainian-Israeli educator and politician, 4th Prime Minister of Israel (d. 1978)
- 1912Virgil Fox, American organist and composer (d. 1980)
- 1944Peter Doyle, English bishop
- 1957Alain Côté, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1966Darren Morgan, Welsh snooker player and coach
- 1966Frank Dietrich, German politician (d. 2011)
- 1977Joanna Forest, English soprano
- 1978Lawrence Tynes, Scottish-American football player
- 1980Marcel Vigneron, American chef
View the complete list of May 3 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Eliza’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1815Neapolitan War: Joachim Murat, King of Naples is defeated by the Austrians at the Battle of Tolentino, the decisive engagement of the war.
- 1830The Canterbury and Whitstable Railway is opened. It’s the first steam hauled passenger railway to issue season tickets and include a tunnel.
- 1920A Bolshevik coup fails in the Democratic Republic of Georgia.
- 1942World War II: Japanese naval troops invade Tulagi Island in the Solomon Islands during the first part of Operation Mo that results in the Battle of the Coral Sea between Japanese forces and forces from the United States and Australia.
- 1947New post-war Japanese constitution goes into effect.
- 1960The Anne Frank House museum opens in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 1963The police force in Birmingham, Alabama switches tactics and responds with violent force to stop the “Birmingham campaign” protesters. Images of the violent suppression are transmitted worldwide, bringing new-found attention to the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
- 1986Twenty-one people are killed and forty-one are injured after a bomb explodes in an airliner (Flight UL512) at Colombo airport in Sri Lanka.
- 2001The United States loses its seat on the U.N. Human Rights Commission for the first time since the commission was formed in 1947.
- 2003New Hampshire’s famous Old Man of the Mountain collapses.
View the complete list of May 3 historical events.
Curious about this Blueberry Spiral? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 3, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 11. It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Preben Mahrt, Stephen Colbert, Matthew Newton, Birger Malmsten, Pamela Salem, Mariska, Willie Colón, Tom DeLonge, Traci Lind, Daniel Tosh.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 3 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 3, 1947.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 3rd May 1947 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 13, 1971. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +153. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 11, 1961. Your score is -128. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Italy approximately on 1550. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 3” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 3, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 123rd day of 1947
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 18th Saturday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2021: Monday
- Days until next birthday: 144 days
- Age on next birthday: 73 years old
- Days since birth: 26,520 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,840 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.20 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 898
- Next full moon: December 12 at 05:14:00 GMT – Thursday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 9, 1979
- Age in dog years: 379 dog years old using a Irish Setter breed
- Life path number and meaning: 11 – It is a master number that represents intuition, idealism and invention. You have the potential to be a source of inspiration and illumination for people.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: November 13, 1971 (+153)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 11, 1961 (-128)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: III.V.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: September 4, 1991 – Carter Jenkins, American actor; July 27, 1949 – Susan Gordon, American actress (d. 2011); June 14, 1981 – Lonneke Engel, Dutch model.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,969