Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 31st of May 1959 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 7 minutes. Enjoy!
May 31, 1959 was a Sunday and it was the 151st day of the year 1959. The next time you can reuse your old 1959 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Friday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 286 days left before your next birthday. You will be 60 years old when that day comes. There have been 21,629 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth then you have slept a total of 7,210 days or 20 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 732 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on August 26 at 11:58:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on February 6, 1991.
If a dog named Chloe - a Havanese breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 256 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Chloe will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Chloe will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1916Bert Haanstra
- 1921Edna Doré
- 1931Shirley Verrett
- 1934Jim Hutton
- 1943Joe Namath
- 1960Chris Elliott
- 1964Darryl McDaniels
- 1986Melissa McIntyre
- 1987Shaun Fleming
- 1989Daul Kim
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 31.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 31.
- 1527Agnes of Hesse (d. 1555)
- 1683Jean-Pierre Christin, French physicist, mathematician, and astronomer, invented the Celsius thermometer (d. 1755)
- 1773Ludwig Tieck, German poet, author, and critic (d. 1853)
- 1835Hijikata Toshizō, Japanese commander (d. 1869)
- 1879Frances Alda, New Zealand-Australian soprano (d. 1952)
- 1892Gregor Strasser, German lieutenant and politician (d. 1934)
- 1921Edna Doré, English actress (d. 2014)
- 1935Jim Bolger, New Zealand businessman and politician, 35th Prime Minister of New Zealand
- 1973Chris Harmse, South African hammer thrower
- 1988Hope Partlow, American singer
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 31.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1279 BCRamesses II (The Great) (19th dynasty) becomes pharaoh of Ancient Egypt.
- 1578Martin Frobisher sails from Harwich in England to Frobisher Bay in Canada, eventually to mine fool’s gold, used to pave streets in London.
- 1859The clock tower at the Houses of Parliament, which houses Big Ben, starts keeping time.
- 1862American Civil War Peninsula Campaign: Battle of Seven Pines or (Battle of Fair Oaks): Confederate forces under Joseph E. Johnston & G.W. Smith engage Union forces under George B. McClellan outside Richmond, Virginia.
- 1879Gilmores Garden in New York City, is renamed Madison Square Garden by William Henry Vanderbilt and is opened to the public at 26th Street and Madison Avenue.
- 1911The hull of the ocean liner RMS Titanic is launched.
- 1941A Luftwaffe air raid on Dublin, Ireland, claims 38 lives.
- 1970The Ancash earthquake causes a landslide that buries the town of Yungay, Peru; more than 47,000 people are killed.
- 1973The United States Senate votes to cut off funding for the bombing of Khmer Rouge targets within Cambodia, hastening the end of the Cambodian Civil War.
- 2010In international waters, armed Shayetet 13 commandos, intending to force the flotilla to anchor at the Ashdod port, boarded ships trying to break the ongoing blockade of the Gaza Strip, resulting in nine civilian deaths.
View the complete list of historical events for May 31.
Curious about this Blue Bubble Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 31 and 1959 reveal that your Life Path number is 6. It represents justice, nurturing and responsibility. You possess great compassion and seek to be of service to others.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Alesha Dixon, George Benson, Janna Dominguez, Susan Floyd, Shota Matsuda, Tun Tun, Irving Brecher, Sean Patrick Flanery, Erin Lang, Bruce Cockburn.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 31 is Gemini ♊. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 31, 1959.
Hmmm... what do the stars have to say about you today? Get your daily Gemini horoscope for free. Get a boost from the stars! Make today a great day for love, money, and career. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly forecast.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Gemini is agate. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was The Battle of New Orleans by Johnny Horton as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (June 1, 1959). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Labrador approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to learn to understand other people and to meet all life difficulties with joyful heart. You should help others, bringing them spirit of joy.
Can you remember who you were?
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: August 16, 1985 – Arden Cho, American model, actress, and singer; September 14, 1973 – Mike Ward, Canadian comedian and actor; August 22, 1947 – Donna Jean Godchaux, American singer-songwriter (Grateful Dead, Heart of Gold Band, and Jerry Garcia Band, and Donna Jean Godchaux Band).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,396