Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of May 1947 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 5, 1947 was a Monday and it was the 125th day of the year 1947. It was the 18th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1947 calendar will be in 2025. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 354 days left before your next birthday. You will be 75 years old when that day comes. There have been 27,040 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 9,013 days or 24.68 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 916 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 11, 1979.
If a dog named Cabernet - a Norwegian Lundehund breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 353 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Cabernet will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Cabernet will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1925Eddi Arent
- 1935Douglas Marland
- 1940Lasse Åberg
- 1942Tammy Wynette
- 1943Michael Palin
- 1957Richard E. Grant
- 1988Skye Sweetnam
- 1989Chris Brown
- 1989Larissa Wilson
- 1989Raai Laxmi
View the complete list of May 5 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 5.
- 1909Miklós Radnóti, Hungarian poet and author (d. 1944)
- 1928Richard Schaal, American actor and screenwriter (d. 2014)
- 1935Robert Rehme, American film producer
- 1942Marc Alaimo, American actor
- 1943Nils Moritz, Estonian-Swedish actor
- 1951Rudolf Finsterer, German rugby player and coach
- 1971Mike Redmond, American baseball player and manager
- 1981Marcelle Bittar, Brazilian model
- 1988Richard O'Dwyer, English computer programmer
- 1991Xenofon Fetsis, Greek footballer
View the complete list of May 5 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Nolan’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 553The Second Council of Constantinople begins.
- 1640King Charles I of England dissolves the Short Parliament.
- 1891The Music Hall in New York City (later known as Carnegie Hall) has its grand opening and first public performance, with Tchaikovsky as the guest conductor.
- 1925The government of South Africa declares Afrikaans an official language.
- 1944German troops execute 216 civilians in the village of Kleisoura in Greece.
- 1945World War II: Canadian and British troops liberate the Netherlands and Denmark from German occupation when Wehrmacht troops capitulate.
- 1945World War II: The Prague uprising begins as an attempt by the Czech resistance to free the city from German occupation.
- 1981Bobby Sands dies in the Long Kesh prison hospital after 66 days of hunger-striking, aged 27.
- 1994American teenager Michael P. Fay is caned in Singapore for theft and vandalism.
- 201411 people are missing after a Chinese cargo ship collides with a Marshall Islands registered container ship off the coast of Hong Kong.
View the complete list of May 5 historical events.
Curious about this Grape Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 5, and 1947 reveal that your Life Path number is 4. It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Erin Sanders, Mikhail Scherbakov, Jay Rock, Skream, Mel Jackson, Debby Ryan, Angela Chang, Will Conlon, Alex Turner, Matt Ballinger.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 5 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Pig is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 5, 1947.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 5th May 1947 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on November 17, 1931. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +171. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 27, 1940. Your score is -148. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Borneo approximately on 1550. Your profession was farmer, weaver, tailor.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 99,686 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 94,756 times in the year 1947. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 5” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 5, 1947. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 125th day of 1947
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 18th Monday of 1947
- Next same calendar year: 2025
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2023: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 354 days
- Age on next birthday: 75 years old
- Days since birth: 27,040 days
- Days spent sleeping: 9,013 days
- Years spent sleeping: 24.68 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 916
- Next full moon: May 26 at 11:16:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 11, 1979
- Age in dog years: 353 dog years old using a Norwegian Lundehund breed
- Life path number and meaning: 4 – It represents growth, building and foundation. You are practical, down to earth with strong ideas about right and wrong.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Pig
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: November 17, 1931 (+171)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 27, 1940 (-148)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 99,686 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 94,756 babies
- Roman numerals: V.V.MCMXLVII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: April 25, 1964 – Andy Bell, English singer-songwriter and DJ (Erasure); December 7, 1942 – Harry Chapin, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1981); May 17, 1973 – Matthew McGrory, American actor (d. 2005).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,896