Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of May 1980 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 5, 1980 was a Monday and it was the 126th day of the year 1980. It was the 19th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1980 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Saturday. Next year it will be Sunday and two years from now it will be Tuesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 170 days left before your next birthday. You will be 39 years old when that day comes. There have been 14,074 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,691 days or 12.84 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 476 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on November 23 at 05:41:00 GMT – Friday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 12, 2012.
If a dog named Twyla - a Small Munsterlander Pointer breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 191 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Twyla will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Twyla will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1901Blind Willie McTell
- 1929Ayhan Işık
- 1940Michael Lindsay-Hogg
- 1943Michael Palin
- 1948Anna Bergman
- 1950Maggie MacNeal
- 1955Melinda Culea
- 1964Minami Takayama
- 1973Tina Yothers
- 1981Farid Kamil
View the complete list of May 5 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 5.
- 1915Alice Faye, American actress and singer (d. 1998)
- 1965Leslie Law, English horse rider
- 1970Todd Newton, American game show host
- 1973Casino Versus Japan, American composer and producer
- 1973Tina Yothers, American actress and singer
- 1981Farid Kamil, Malaysian actor, director, and screenwriter
- 1984Christian Valdéz, Mexican footballer
- 1985Emanuele Giaccherini, Italian footballer
- 1985Shoko Nakagawa, Japanese actress and singer
- 1987Ian Michael Smith, American actor
View the complete list of May 5 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1494Christopher Columbus lands on the island of Jamaica and claims it for Spain.
- 1809Mary Kies becomes the first woman awarded a U.S. patent, for a technique of weaving straw with silk and thread.
- 1891The Music Hall in New York City (later known as Carnegie Hall) has its grand opening and first public performance, with Tchaikovsky as the guest conductor.
- 1925The government of South Africa declares Afrikaans an official language.
- 1934The first Three Stooges short, Woman Haters, is released.
- 1946The International Military Tribunal for the Far East begins in Tokyo with twenty-eight Japanese military and government officials accused of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- 1949The Treaty of London establishes the Council of Europe in Strasbourg as the first European institution working for European integration.
- 1973Secretariat wins the 1973 Kentucky Derby in 1:59 2/5, an as-yet unbeaten record.
- 1994The signing of the Bishkek Protocol between Armenia and Azerbaijan effectively freezes the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 201422 people die after two boats carrying illegal immigrants collide in the Aegean Sea off the coast of Greece.
View the complete list of May 5 historical events.
Curious about this Grape Jelly Bear? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 5, and 1980 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Benjamin McKenzie, Laura Leighton, Des O'Connor, Frank Muir, Minako Kotobuki, Lova Moor, Sophie Aldred, Unshō Ishizuka, Adrian Pasdar, Link Wray.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 5 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Monkey is the mythical animal and Metal is the Eastern element of a person born on May 5, 1980.
Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 5th May 1980 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 22, 2007. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +157. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on November 7, 1971. Your incompatibility score is -146. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,451,362,735. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Call Me by Blondie as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 10, 1980). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern Africa approximately on 450. Your profession was librarian, priest, keeper of tribal relics.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to the future.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to develop kind attitude to people, to acquire gift of understanding and compassion.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 125,148,676 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1980. The estimated number of babies born on 5th May 1980 is 341,936. That’s equivalent to 237 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 58,376 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 68,693 times in the year 1980. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 5, 1980. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 126th day of 1980
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 19th Monday of 1980
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Saturday
- Day of week next year: Sunday
- Day of week in 2020: Tuesday
- Days until next birthday: 170 days
- Age on next birthday: 39 years old
- Days since birth: 14,074 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,691 days
- Years spent sleeping: 12.84 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 476
- Next full moon: November 23 at 05:41:00 GMT – Friday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 12, 2012
- Age in dog years: 191 dog years old using a Small Munsterlander Pointer breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Monkey
- Eastern zodiac element: Metal
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: December 22, 2007 (+157)
- Worst compatible birthday: November 7, 1971 (-146)
- 1980 world population: 4,451,362,735
- Number one song: Call Me by Blondie (May 10, 1980)
- Babies born in 1980: 125,148,676
- Babies born in 1980 every day: 341,936
- Babies born in 1980 every minute: 237
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 58,376 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 68,693 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: January 16, 1973 – Josie Davis, American actress and producer; February 13, 1976 – Feist, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (By Divine Right and Broken Social Scene); October 25, 1947 – Glenn Tipton, English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Judas Priest and The Flying Hat Band).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,944