Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 5th of May 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 5, 1988 was a Thursday and it was the 126th day of the year 1988. It was the 18th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Sunday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 259 days left before your next birthday. You will be 32 years old when that day comes. There have been 11,429 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 3,810 days or 10.43 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 387 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on September 14 at 04:34:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on January 12, 2020.
If a dog named Nollaig - a Mutt breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 159 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Nollaig will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Nollaig will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1915Alice Faye
- 1940Michael Lindsay-Hogg
- 1942Marc Alaimo
- 1943Nils Moritz
- 1950Maggie MacNeal
- 1959Ian McCulloch
- 1973Casino Versus Japan
- 1977Virginie Efira
- 1983Henry Cavill
- 1988Brooke Hogan
View the complete list of May 5 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 5.
- 1883Agustín Barrios, Paraguayan guitarist and composer (d. 1944)
- 1899Freeman Gosden, American actor and screenwriter (d. 1982)
- 1927Pat Carroll, American actress and singer
- 1930Hans Abramson, Swedish director, producer, and screenwriter (d. 2012)
- 1935Robert Rehme, American film producer
- 1936Patrick Gowers, English composer and educator (d. 2014)
- 1938Barbara Wagner, Canadian figure skater and coach
- 1956Robert Marien, Canadian actor and singer
- 1966Josh Weinstein, American screenwriter and producer
- 1979Vincent Kartheiser, American actor
View the complete list of May 5 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about the hidden secrets of your first name. Are there magical powers in your given name? Every name has a character and personality. Get smart with name meanings. Find out your name’s personality! (Sponsored link)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 553The Second Council of Constantinople begins.
- 1215Rebel barons renounce their allegiance to King John of England — part of a chain of events leading to the signing of the Magna Carta.
- 1809The Swiss canton of Aargau allowed citizenship to Jews.
- 1811In the second day of fighting at the Peninsular War Battle of Fuentes de Oñoro the French army, under Marshall André Masséna, drive in the Duke of Wellington’s overextended right flank, but French frontal assaults fail to take the town of Fuentes de Oñoro and the Anglo-Portuguese army holds the field at the end of the day.
- 1860Giuseppe Garibaldi sets sail from Genoa, leading the expedition of the Thousand to conquer the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies and giving birth to the Kingdom of Italy.
- 1920Authorities arrest Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti for alleged robbery and murder.
- 1940World War II: Norwegian Campaign: Norwegian squads in Hegra Fortress and Vinjesvingen capitulate to German forces after all other Norwegian forces in southern Norway had laid down their arms.
- 1950Bhumibol Adulyadej is crowned King Rama IX of Thailand.
- 1972Alitalia Flight 112 crashes into Mount Longa near Palermo, Sicily, killing all 115 aboard, making it the deadliest single-aircraft disaster in Italy.
- 1994The signing of the Bishkek Protocol between Armenia and Azerbaijan effectively freezes the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
View the complete list of May 5 historical events.
Curious about this Milk Chocolate Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 5, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Judy Nunn, Michael Apted, David Tavaré, David Chocarro, Jean Leloup, Nancy Savoca, Andy Powell, Miki Nishino, Robert Shaw, Madge Hindle.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 5 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 5, 1988.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 5th May 1988 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 30, 2001. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +178. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 5, 1988. Your incompatibility score is -200. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Wishing Well by Terence Trent D’Arby as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 7, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Romania approximately on 1325. Your profession was leader, major, captain.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: It always seemed to you, that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson – to trust your intuition as your best guide in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 5th May 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 5” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 5, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 126th day of 1988
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 18th Thursday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Sunday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2021: Wednesday
- Days until next birthday: 259 days
- Age on next birthday: 32 years old
- Days since birth: 11,429 days
- Days spent sleeping: 3,810 days
- Years spent sleeping: 10.43 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 387
- Next full moon: September 14 at 04:34:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 12, 2020
- Age in dog years: 159 dog years old using a Mutt breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: September 30, 2001 (+178)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 5, 1988 (-200)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: Wishing Well by Terence Trent D’Arby (May 7, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: V.V.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: February 8, 1930 – Alejandro Rey, Argentinian-American actor and director (d. 1987); December 28, 1987 – Hannah Tointon, English actress; July 22, 1947 – Don Henley, American singer-songwriter and drummer (The Eagles).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,159