Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1962 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1962 was a Tuesday and it was the 128th day of the year 1962. It was the 19th Tuesday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1962 calendar will be in 2018. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 205 days left before your next birthday. You will be 57 years old when that day comes. There have been 20,614 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 6,871 days or 18.81 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 698 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 24 at 16:46:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 14, 1994.
If a dog named Phil - a Harrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 272 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Phil will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Phil will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1915John Archer
- 1927Chumy Chúmez
- 1929Girija Devi
- 1948Stephen Stohn
- 1964Melissa Gilbert
- 1976Martha Wainwright
- 1977Jennifer Walcott
- 1981Stephen Amell
- 1984Julia Whelan
- 1984Nadine Chandrawinata
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1326Joan I, Countess of Auvergne (d. 1360)
- 1521Peter Canisius, Dutch-Swiss priest and saint (d. 1597)
- 1828Charbel Makhluf, Lebanese monk and saint (d. 1898)
- 1893Teddy Wakelam, English rugby player and sportscaster (d. 1963)
- 1898Aloysius Stepinac, Croatian cardinal (d. 1960)
- 1939Paul Drayton, American sprinter (d. 2010)
- 1940Irwin Cotler, Canadian lawyer and politician, 47th Canadian Minister of Justice
- 1950Robert Mugge, American director and producer
- 1977Bad News Brown, Canadian rapper, harmonica player, and actor (d. 2011)
- 1986Galen Rupp, American runner
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1450Jack Cade’s Rebellion: Kentishmen revolt against King Henry VI.
- 1842A train derails and catches fire in Paris, killing between 52 and 200 people.
- 1901The Australian Labour Party is established.
- 1919Edward George Honey proposes the idea of a moment of silence to commemorate the Armistice of World War I.
- 1924The Klaipėda Convention is signed formally incorporating Klaipėda Region (Memel Territory) into Lithuania.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of the Kerch Peninsula: The German 11th Army begins Operation Trappenjagd (Bustard Hunt) and destroys the bridgehead of the three Soviet Armies (44th, 47th, and 51st) defending the Kerch Peninsula, in the eastern part of the Crimea.
- 1945The Halifax Riot starts when thousands of civilians and servicemen rampage through Halifax.
- 1978The first ascent of Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen, by Reinhold Messner and Peter Habeler.
- 1980The World Health Organization confirms the eradication of smallpox.
- 1987The Loughgall ambush: The SAS kills eight Provisional Irish Republican Army volunteers and a civilian during an ambush in Loughgall, Northern Ireland.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Pink Rose? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 1962 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: BoA, Jeff Coopwood, Mae Questel, Mathew Horne, Panda Bear, Brad Davis, Sy Oliver, Liam James, Frl. Menke, Ninon Vallin.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Tiger is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 1962.
Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Tuesday’ is ruby.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 1962 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on September 16, 1989. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +127. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 1, 1957. Your incompatibility score is -127. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 3,140,093,217. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Soldier Boy by The Shirelles as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 12, 1962). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Germany approximately on 1575. Your profession was teacher, mathematician, geologist.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: The world is full of ill and lonely people. You should help those, who are less fortunate than you are.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 111,558,191 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1962. The estimated number of babies born on 8th May 1962 is 305,639. That’s equivalent to 212 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Lisa. This name was given to 46,080 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 85,037 times in the year 1962. Any chance you are Lisa or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 1962. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 128th day of 1962
- Day of week: Tuesday
- Day of week birthstone: Ruby
- Week index: 19th Tuesday of 1962
- Next same calendar year: 2018
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2020: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 205 days
- Age on next birthday: 57 years old
- Days since birth: 20,614 days
- Days spent sleeping: 6,871 days
- Years spent sleeping: 18.81 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 698
- Next full moon: October 24 at 16:46:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 14, 1994
- Age in dog years: 272 dog years old using a Harrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 22 – It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Tiger
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: September 16, 1989 (+127)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 1, 1957 (-127)
- 1962 world population: 3,140,093,217
- Number one song: Soldier Boy by The Shirelles (May 12, 1962)
- Babies born in 1962: 111,558,191
- Babies born in 1962 every day: 305,639
- Babies born in 1962 every minute: 212
- Popular girl’s name: Lisa – 46,080 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 85,037 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 5, 1969 – MC Solaar, Senegalese-French rapper; July 3, 1935 – Cheo Feliciano, Puerto Rican singer-songwriter (Fania All-Stars) (d. 2014); November 16, 1964 – Valeria Bruni Tedeschi, Italian-French actress, director, and screenwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,933