Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1976 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1976 was a Saturday and it was the 129th day of the year 1976. It was the 19th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1976 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Monday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 92 days left before your next birthday. You will be 47 years old when that day comes. There have been 17,074 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,691 days or 15.58 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 578 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 15, 2008.
If a dog named Fox - a Irish Water Spaniel breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 227 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Fox will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Fox will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1899Arthur Q. Bryan
- 1929Girija Devi
- 1940Toni Tennille
- 1941John Fred
- 1955Stephen Furst
- 1972Candy Pangilinan
- 1972Darren Hayes
- 1980Benny Yau
- 1981Elizabeth Whitmere
- 1983Elyes Gabel
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1628Angelo Italia, Italian architect and urban planner (d. 1700)
- 1825George Bruce Malleson, English-Indian colonel and author (d. 1898)
- 1928Ted Sorensen, American lawyer, 8th White House Counsel (d. 2010)
- 1936Haljand Udam, Estonian orientalist and academic (d. 2005)
- 1951Philip Bailey, American singer-songwriter, drummer, and actor (Earth, Wind & Fire)
- 1962Natalia Molchanova, Russian diver (d. 2015)
- 1963Anthony Field, Australian guitarist, songwriter, producer, and actor (The Cockroaches and The Wiggles)
- 1972Ray Whitney, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1976Martha Wainwright, Canadian-American singer-songwriter and guitarist
- 1985Sarah Vaillancourt, Canadian ice hockey player
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Gerardo’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 453 BCSpring and Autumn period: The house of Zhao defeats the house of Zhi, ending the Battle of Jinyang, a military conflict between the elite families of the State of Jin.
- 1842A train derails and catches fire in Paris, killing between 52 and 200 people.
- 1846Mexican–American War: The Battle of Palo Alto: Zachary Taylor defeats a Mexican force north of the Rio Grande in the first major battle of the war.
- 1886Pharmacist John Pemberton first sells a carbonated beverage named “Coca-Cola” as a patent medicine.
- 1901The Australian Labour Party is established.
- 1912Paramount Pictures is founded.
- 1945Hundreds of Algerian civilians are killed by French Army soldiers in the Sétif massacre.
- 1966A plane crash at Connellsville, Pennsylvania kills Pennsylvania Attorney General, Walter E. Alessandroni, his wife, and other state officials.
- 1972Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his order to place mines in major North Vietnamese ports in order to stem the flow of weapons and other goods to that nation.
- 1980The World Health Organization confirms the eradication of smallpox.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Dragon Fruit Spiral? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 1976 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Kana Hanazawa, Radu Beligan, Aoi Nakamura, Matthew Ferguson, Deborah Van Valkenburgh, Danny de Jong, Chaim Topol, Young B., Andy Irvine, Dale Dye.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 1976.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 1976 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on June 22, 1948. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +127. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 11, 1956. Your score is -164. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,160,185,010. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Welcome Back by John Sebastian as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 8, 1976). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of New Guinea approximately on 800. Your profession was writer, dramatist, organizer of rituals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,620,578 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1976. The estimated number of babies born on 8th May 1976 is 332,297. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 59,474 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 66,964 times in the year 1976. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 1976. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 129th day of 1976
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 19th Saturday of 1976
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2025: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 92 days
- Age on next birthday: 47 years old
- Days since birth: 17,074 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,691 days
- Years spent sleeping: 15.58 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 578
- Next full moon: February 5 at 18:30:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 15, 2008
- Age in dog years: 227 dog years old using a Irish Water Spaniel breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: June 22, 1948 (+127)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 11, 1956 (-164)
- 1976 world population: 4,160,185,010
- Number one song: Welcome Back by John Sebastian (May 8, 1976)
- Babies born in 1976: 121,620,578
- Babies born in 1976 every day: 332,297
- Babies born in 1976 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 59,474 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 66,964 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.V.MCMLXXVI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 30, 1933 – Jean-Claude Brialy, French actor and director (d. 2007); June 26, 1944 – Arthur Doyle, American singer-songwriter, saxophonist, and flute player (d. 2014); May 1, 1945 – Carson Whitsett, American keyboard player, songwriter, and producer (The Imperial Show Band and Booker T. & the M.G.'s) (d. 2007).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,065