Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1976 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1976 was a Saturday and it was the 129th day of the year 1976. It was the 19th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1976 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Tuesday. Next year it will be Wednesday and two years from now it will be Friday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 144 days left before your next birthday. You will be 43 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,561 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,187 days or 14.20 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 527 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 22 at 17:50:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 15, 2008.
If a dog named Schmitty - a Lancashire Heeler breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 188 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Schmitty will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Schmitty will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1927Chumy Chúmez
- 1929Girija Devi
- 1941John Fred
- 1941Mahmoud Ahmed
- 1950Robert Mugge
- 1953Billy Burnette
- 1957Marie Myriam
- 1976Ian "H" Watkins
- 1976Martha Wainwright
- 1978Jang Woo-hyuk
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1632Heino Heinrich Graf von Flemming, German field marshal and politician (d. 1706)
- 1828Henry Dunant, Swiss businessman and activist, co-founded the Red Cross, Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1910)
- 1904John Snagge, English journalist (d. 1996)
- 1930René Maltête, French photographer and poet (d. 2000)
- 1941James Traficant, American lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- 1967Viviana Durante, Italian ballerina and actress
- 1971Chuck Huber, American voice actor, director, and screenwriter
- 1985Tommaso Ciampa, American wrestler
- 1987Felix Jones, American football player
- 1992Ana Mulvoy-Ten, English-American actress
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1541Hernando de Soto reaches the Mississippi River and names it Río de Espíritu Santo.
- 1794Branded a traitor during the Reign of Terror by revolutionists, French chemist Antoine Lavoisier, who was also a tax collector with the Ferme Générale, is tried, convicted, and guillotined all on the same day in Paris.
- 1846Mexican–American War: The Battle of Palo Alto: Zachary Taylor defeats a Mexican force north of the Rio Grande in the first major battle of the war.
- 1899The Irish Literary Theatre in Dublin produced its first play.
- 1927Attempting to make the first non-stop transatlantic flight from Paris to New York, French war heroes Charles Nungesser and François Coli disappear after taking off aboard The White Bird biplane.
- 1933Mohandas Gandhi begins a 21-day fast of self-purification and launched a one-year campaign to help the Harijan movement.
- 1941The German Luftwaffe launches a bombing raid on Nottingham and Derby
- 1945The Halifax Riot starts when thousands of civilians and servicemen rampage through Halifax.
- 1972Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard Nixon announces his order to place mines in major North Vietnamese ports in order to stem the flow of weapons and other goods to that nation.
- 1984The Soviet Union announces that it will boycott the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Green Bubble Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 1976 reveal that your Life Path number is 9. It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Tyrel Jackson Williams, Maggie Reilly, Laleh, Steve Van Wormer, Tania Foster, Phil Leeds, Walter Brennan, Ian McLagan, Ümit Besen, Marian Anderson.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 1976.
Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 1976 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on June 22, 1948. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +127. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on April 11, 1956. Your incompatibility score is -164. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,160,185,010. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Welcome Back by John Sebastian as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 8, 1976). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of New Guinea approximately on 800. Your profession was writer, dramatist, organizer of rituals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You had a mind of a scientist, always seeking new explanations. Environment often misunderstood you. Had a respectable knowledge.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,620,578 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1976. The estimated number of babies born on 8th May 1976 is 332,297. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 59,474 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 66,964 times in the year 1976. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 1976. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 129th day of 1976
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 19th Saturday of 1976
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Tuesday
- Day of week next year: Wednesday
- Day of week in 2020: Friday
- Days until next birthday: 144 days
- Age on next birthday: 43 years old
- Days since birth: 15,561 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,187 days
- Years spent sleeping: 14.20 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 527
- Next full moon: December 22 at 17:50:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 15, 2008
- Age in dog years: 188 dog years old using a Lancashire Heeler breed
- Life path number and meaning: 9 – It represents selflessness, forgiveness and creativity. You are the philanthropist, humanitarian, socially conscious, and are deeply concerned about the state of the world.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: June 22, 1948 (+127)
- Worst compatible birthday: April 11, 1956 (-164)
- 1976 world population: 4,160,185,010
- Number one song: Welcome Back by John Sebastian (May 8, 1976)
- Babies born in 1976: 121,620,578
- Babies born in 1976 every day: 332,297
- Babies born in 1976 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 59,474 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 66,964 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 30, 1990 – Cassie Scerbo, American actress, singer, and dancer; June 19, 1925 – Charlie Drake, English actor, singer, and screenwriter (d. 2006); April 27, 1970 – Kylie Travis, English-Australian actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,999