Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 5 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 1988 was a Sunday and it was the 129th day of the year 1988. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Wednesday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 346 days left before your next birthday. You will be 30 years old when that day comes. There have been 10,611 days from the day you were born up to today. Since night and day always follow each other, there were exactly 359 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on June 9 at 13:11:00 GMT – Friday.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1913Sid James
- 1919Lex Barker
- 1940Emilio Delgado
- 1940Toni Tennille
- 1951Philip Bailey
- 1967Viviana Durante
- 1977Jennifer Walcott
- 1982Ninja Sarasalo
- 1984Nadine Chandrawinata
- 1992Ana Mulvoy-Ten
View the complete list of celebrity birthdays for May 8.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1951Mike D'Antoni, American basketball player and coach
- 1952Peter McNab, Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- 1960Franco Baresi, Italian footballer and coach
- 1968Peng Zhaoqin, Chinese Dutch chess player
- 1975Enrique Iglesias, Spanish-American singer-songwriter, producer, and actor
- 1980Kimberlee Peterson, American actress
- 1982Buakaw Banchamek, Thai kick-boxer
- 1984Mascha Müller, German actress
- 1987Mark Noble, English footballer
- 1994Ajee' Wilson, American runner
View the complete list of famous birthdays for May 8.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 413Emperor Honorius signs an edict providing tax relief for the Italian provinces Tuscia, Campania, Picenum, Samnium, Apulia, Lucania and Calabria, which were plundered by the Visigoths.
- 1861American Civil War: Richmond, Virginia is named the capital of the Confederate States of America.
- 1898The first games of the Italian football league system are played.
- 1941The German Luftwaffe launches a bombing raid on Nottingham and Derby
- 1942World War II: The Battle of the Coral Sea comes to an end with Imperial Japanese Navy aircraft carrier aircraft attacking and sinking the United States Navy aircraft carrier USS Lexington. The battle marks the first time in the naval history that two enemy fleets fight without visual contact between warring ships.
- 1945End of the Prague uprising, celebrated now as a national holiday in the Czech Republic.
- 1963South Vietnamese soldiers of Catholic President Ngo Dinh Diem open fire on Buddhists defying a ban on the flying of the Buddhist flag on Vesak, killing nine and sparking the Buddhist crisis.
- 1966A plane crash at Connellsville, Pennsylvania kills Pennsylvania Attorney General, Walter E. Alessandroni, his wife, and other state officials.
- 1967The Philippine province of Davao is split into three: Davao del Norte, Davao del Sur, and Davao Oriental.
- 1978The first ascent of Mount Everest without supplemental oxygen, by Reinhold Messner and Peter Habeler.
View the complete list of historical events for May 8.
Curious about this Sao Paulo Bubbles? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8 and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 3. It represents vision, imagination and joy of living. You possess a great talent for creativity and self expression.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Bo Burnham, Conchata Ferrell, Dan Ireland, Sarah Kozer, William Gillette, Chrispa, Martin Starr, Todd Zeile, Walter Pidgeon, Nehemiah Persoff.
The zodiac sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Chinese zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the element of a person born on May 8, 1988.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Anything for You by Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 14, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: October 16, 1939 – Joe Dolan, Irish singer (d. 2007); April 3, 1962 – Mike Ness, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Social Distortion); February 8, 1913 – Betty Field, American actress (d. 1973).
Don’t forget to share the info to your friends, loved ones or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 961