Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 8th of May 2008 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 8, 2008 was a Thursday and it was the 129th day of the year 2008. It was the 19th Thursday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 2008 calendar will be in 2036. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Friday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 154 days left before your next birthday. You will be 13 years old when that day comes. There have been 4,594 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 1,531 days or 4.19 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 156 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 30 at 03:29:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) will happen sometime on January 15, 2040.
If a dog named Crash - a Bernese Mountain Dog breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 82 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Crash will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Crash will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1919Lex Barker
- 1926Don Rickles
- 1929Miyoshi Umeki
- 1966Marta Sánchez
- 1971Chuck Huber
- 1972Candy Pangilinan
- 1978Jang Woo-hyuk
- 1982Christina Cole
- 1984Julia Whelan
View the complete list of May 8 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 8.
- 1821William Henry Vanderbilt, American businessman and philanthropist (d. 1885)
- 1847Oscar Hammerstein I, American businessman and composer (d. 1919)
- 1906Esther Hoffe, Israeli mistress of Max Brod (d. 2007)
- 1949David Vines, Australian economist and academic
- 1954John Michael Talbot, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Mason Proffit)
- 1955Stephen Furst, American actor and director
- 1970Michael Bevan, Australian cricketer and coach
- 1981Andrea Barzagli, Italian footballer
- 1985Sarah Vaillancourt, Canadian ice hockey player
- 1985Tommaso Ciampa, American wrestler
View the complete list of May 8 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EQCSIOB? Check your answers here: Word search EQCSIOB. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 453 BCSpring and Autumn period: The house of Zhao defeats the house of Zhi, ending the Battle of Jinyang, a military conflict between the elite families of the State of Jin.
- 1788The French Parlement is suspended to be replaced by the creation of forty-seven new courts.
- 1794Branded a traitor during the Reign of Terror by revolutionists, French chemist Antoine Lavoisier, who was also a tax collector with the Ferme Générale, is tried, convicted, and guillotined all on the same day in Paris.
- 1842A train derails and catches fire in Paris, killing between 52 and 200 people.
- 1902In Martinique, Mount Pelée erupts, destroying the town of Saint-Pierre and killing over 30,000 people. Only a handful of residents survive the blast.
- 1919Edward George Honey proposes the idea of a moment of silence to commemorate the Armistice of World War I.
- 1927Attempting to make the first non-stop transatlantic flight from Paris to New York, French war heroes Charles Nungesser and François Coli disappear after taking off aboard The White Bird biplane.
- 1942World War II: The Battle of the Coral Sea comes to an end with Imperial Japanese Navy aircraft carrier aircraft attacking and sinking the United States Navy aircraft carrier USS Lexington. The battle marks the first time in the naval history that two enemy fleets fight without visual contact between warring ships.
- 1976The rollercoaster Revolution, the first steel coaster with a vertical loop, opens at Six Flags Magic Mountain.
- 1984Corporal Denis Lortie enters the Quebec National Assembly and opens fire, killing three and wounding 13. René Jalbert, Sergeant-at-Arms of the assembly, succeeds in calming him, for which he will later receive the Cross of Valour.
View the complete list of May 8 historical events.
Curious about this Royal Gift Box? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 8, and 2008 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Diane Franklin, Curd Jürgens, Stephan Eicher, Richie Furay, Peter Capaldi, Kayoko Shibata, Nick Cassavetes, Tonka Tomicic, Tracy Phillips, Jon Seda.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 8 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Rat is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 8, 2008.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Thursday’ is sapphire.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 8th May 2008 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 6,709,049,780. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 10, 2008). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Northern England approximately on 1700. Your profession was shepherd, horseman, forester.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: You are a person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 137,464,471 babies were born throughout the world in the year 2008. The estimated number of babies born on 8th May 2008 is 375,586. That’s equivalent to 261 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Emma. This name was given to 18,809 baby girls. For the boys it’s Jacob. This name was recorded 22,591 times in the year 2008. Any chance you are Emma or Jacob? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 8” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 8, 2008. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 129th day of 2008
- Day of week: Thursday
- Day of week birthstone: Sapphire
- Week index: 19th Thursday of 2008
- Next same calendar year: 2036
- Day of week this year: Friday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2022: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 154 days
- Age on next birthday: 13 years old
- Days since birth: 4,594 days
- Days spent sleeping: 1,531 days
- Years spent sleeping: 4.19 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 156
- Next full moon: December 30 at 03:29:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 15, 2040
- Age in dog years: 82 dog years old using a Bernese Mountain Dog breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Rat
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- 2008 world population: 6,709,049,780
- Number one song: Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis (May 10, 2008)
- Babies born in 2008: 137,464,471
- Babies born in 2008 every day: 375,586
- Babies born in 2008 every minute: 261
- Popular girl’s name: Emma – 18,809 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Jacob – 22,591 babies
- Roman numerals: VIII.V.MMVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: June 13, 1989 – Irene Gorovaia, Russian-American actress; March 12, 1940 – M. A. Numminen, Finnish singer-songwriter and producer (Suomen Talvisota); October 12, 1929 – Nappy Brown, American singer-songwriter (d. 2008).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,045