Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of May 1949 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 9, 1949 was a Monday and it was the 129th day of the year 1949. It was the 19th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1949 calendar will be in 2022. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Wednesday. Next year it will be Thursday and two years from now it will be Saturday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 142 days left before your next birthday. You will be 70 years old when that day comes. There have been 25,425 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 8,475 days or 23.20 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 861 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on December 22 at 17:50:00 GMT – Saturday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 15, 1981.
If a dog named Helena - a Welsh Terrier breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 296 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Helena will be 40 dog years old. From that point forward a small-sized dog like Helena will age 4 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1814John Brougham
- 1923Johnny Grant
- 1935Nokie Edwards
- 1946Clint Holmes
- 1955Kevin Peter Hall
- 1956Wendy Crewson
- 1973Chu Sang-mi
- 1977Asal Badiee
- 1993Ryosuke Yamada
View the complete list of May 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 9.
- 1907Baldur von Schirach, German politician (d. 1974)
- 1918Moisis Michail Bourlas, Greek soldier and educator (d. 2011)
- 1928Ralph Goings, American painter
- 1946Ayşe Nur Zarakolu, Turkish author and activist (d. 2002)
- 1950Matthew Kelly, English actor and presenter
- 1953Amy Hill, American actress
- 1955Kevin Peter Hall, American actor (d. 1991)
- 1958Graham Smith, Canadian swimmer
- 1977Iñigo Landaluze, Spanish cyclist
- 1987Vitaliy Pushkar, Ukrainian race car driver
View the complete list of May 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1864Second Schleswig War: The Danish navy defeats the Austrian and Prussian fleets in the Battle of Heligoland.
- 1920Polish–Soviet War: The Polish army under General Edward Rydz-Śmigły celebrates its capture of Kiev with a victory parade on Khreshchatyk.
- 1926Admiral Richard E. Byrd and Floyd Bennett claim to have flown over the North Pole (later discovery of Byrd’s diary appears to cast some doubt on the claim.)
- 1927The Australian Parliament first convenes in Canberra.
- 1946King Victor Emmanuel III of Italy abdicates and is succeeded by Umberto II.
- 1950Robert Schuman presents his proposal on the creation of an organized Europe, which according to him was indispensable to the maintenance of peaceful relations. This proposal, known as the “Schuman Declaration”, is considered by some people to be the beginning of the creation of what is now the European Union.
- 1955Cold War: West Germany joins NATO.
- 1979Iranian Jewish businessman Habib Elghanian is executed by firing squad in Tehran, prompting the mass exodus of the once 100,000-strong Jewish community of Iran.
- 1987LOT Flight 5055 Tadeusz Kościuszko crashes after takeoff in Warsaw, Poland, killing all 183 people on board.
- 2001In Ghana, 129 football fans die in what became known as the Accra Sports Stadium disaster. The deaths are caused by a stampede (caused by the firing of teargas by police personnel at the stadium) that followed a controversial decision by the referee.
View the complete list of May 9 historical events.
Curious about this Berry Blue Sour Ball? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 9, and 1949 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Anthony Lewis, Rachel Dratch, Funkmaster Flex, Taylor Spreitler, Nitza Saul, Walter Becker, Craig Robert Young, Matt Berry, Taylor Cole, John Power.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 9 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Ox is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 9, 1949.
Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th May 1949 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on January 14, 1946. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +134. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on October 28, 1960. Your incompatibility score is -137. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Eastern Australia approximately on 1375. Your profession was preacher, publisher, scribbler of ancient inscriptions.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: It always seemed to you, that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson – to trust your intuition as your best guide in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Linda. This name was given to 91,016 baby girls. For the boys it’s James. This name was recorded 86,855 times in the year 1949. Any chance you are Linda or James? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 9, 1949. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 129th day of 1949
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 19th Monday of 1949
- Next same calendar year: 2022
- Day of week this year: Wednesday
- Day of week next year: Thursday
- Day of week in 2020: Saturday
- Days until next birthday: 142 days
- Age on next birthday: 70 years old
- Days since birth: 25,425 days
- Days spent sleeping: 8,475 days
- Years spent sleeping: 23.20 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 861
- Next full moon: December 22 at 17:50:00 GMT – Saturday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 15, 1981
- Age in dog years: 296 dog years old using a Welsh Terrier breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Ox
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: January 14, 1946 (+134)
- Worst compatible birthday: October 28, 1960 (-137)
- Popular girl’s name: Linda – 91,016 babies
- Popular boy’s name: James – 86,855 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: May 11, 1963 – Masatoshi Hamada, Japanese comedian and actor; September 8, 1968 – Ray Wilson, Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Genesis and Stiltskin); December 26, 1968 – Tricia Leigh Fisher, American actress and singer.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,786