Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of May 1953 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 9 minutes. Enjoy!
May 9, 1953 was a Saturday and it was the 129th day of the year 1953. It was the 19th Saturday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1953 calendar will be in 2026. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year is Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 109 days left before your next birthday. You will be 66 years old when that day comes. There have been 23,997 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 7,999 days or 21.90 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 812 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on January 21 at 05:17:00 GMT – Monday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 15, 1985.
If a dog named Bulli - a Doberman Pinscher breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 348 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Bulli will be 45 dog years old. From that point forward a large-sized dog like Bulli will age 5-6 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1884Valdemar Psilander
- 1895Richard Barthelmess
- 1923Barbara New
- 1923Johnny Grant
- 1924Bulat Okudzhava
- 1937Dave Prater
- 1939Pierre Desproges
- 1955Anne Sofie von Otter
- 1979Pierre Bouvier
- 1982Rachel Boston
View the complete list of May 9 celebrity birthdays.
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 9.
- 1882George Barker, American painter (d. 1965)
- 1912Géza Ottlik, Hungarian mathematician and theorist (d. 1990)
- 1921Sophie Scholl, German activist (d. 1943)
- 1931Vance D. Brand, American pilot, engineer, and astronaut
- 1937Dave Prater, American singer (Sam & Dave) (d. 1988)
- 1939Ion Țiriac, Romanian tennis player and manager
- 1948Tania Maria, Brazilian singer-songwriter, pianist, and bandleader
- 1978Marwan al-Shehhi, Emirati terrorist, hijacker of United Airlines Flight 175 (d. 2001)
- 1980Jo Hyun-jae, South Korean actor and singer
- 1983Christos Marangos, Cypriot footballer
View the complete list of May 9 famous birthdays.
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1763The Siege of Fort Detroit begins during Pontiac’s War against British forces.
- 1865American Civil War: President Andrew Johnson issues a proclamation ending belligerent rights of the rebels and enjoining foreign nations to intern or expel Confederate ships.
- 1877A magnitude 8.8 earthquake off the coast of Peru kills 2,541, including some as far away as Hawaii and Japan.
- 1915World War I: Second Battle of Artois between German and French forces.
- 1942Holocaust: The SS murders 588 Jewish residents of the Podolian town of Zinkiv (Khmelnytska oblast, Ukraine). The Zoludek Ghetto (in Belarus) is destroyed and all its inhabitants murdered or deported.
- 1948Czechoslovakia’s Ninth-of-May Constitution comes into effect.
- 1958Film: Vertigo has world premiere in San Francisco.
- 1979Iranian Jewish businessman Habib Elghanian is executed by firing squad in Tehran, prompting the mass exodus of the once 100,000-strong Jewish community of Iran.
- 1987LOT Flight 5055 Tadeusz Kościuszko crashes after takeoff in Warsaw, Poland, killing all 183 people on board.
- 2015Russia stages its biggest ever military parade in Moscow’s Red Square to commemorate the 70th anniversary of Victory Day.
View the complete list of May 9 historical events.
Curious about this Milk Chocolate Mint? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 9, and 1953 reveal that your Life Path number is 5. It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Kōji Ishizaka, Katy de la Cruz, Frances Barber, Eddie Cahill, Donnie Dunagan, James Maclurcan, Christina Ricci, Faina Ranevskaya, Ray Gillen, Sade Adu.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 9 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Snake is the mythical animal and Water is the Eastern element of a person born on May 9, 1953.
Get your daily Taurus horoscope for free. Make today a great day for love and romance. Get a boost from the stars and find out what they have to say about you. Your horoscope is available in daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly forecasts. Discover some hidden personality you did not know about yourself.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Saturday’ is turquoise.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th May 1953 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on April 24, 1966. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +142. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on July 8, 1931. Your incompatibility score is -152. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 2,682,053,389. (U.S. Census Bureau)
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a male ♂ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern China approximately on 1700. Your profession was trainer, holder of the fine animals, birds, insects.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Revolutionary type. You inspired changes in any sphere — politics, business, religion, housekeeping. Could be a leader.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: You are bound to solve problems regarding pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 97,861,773 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1953. The estimated number of babies born on 9th May 1953 is 268,114. That’s equivalent to 186 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Mary. This name was given to 64,372 baby girls. For the boys it’s Robert. This name was recorded 86,195 times in the year 1953. Any chance you are Mary or Robert? (Source: ssa.gov)
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 9, 1953. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 129th day of 1953
- Day of week: Saturday
- Day of week birthstone: Turquoise
- Week index: 19th Saturday of 1953
- Next same calendar year: 2026
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 109 days
- Age on next birthday: 66 years old
- Days since birth: 23,997 days
- Days spent sleeping: 7,999 days
- Years spent sleeping: 21.90 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 812
- Next full moon: January 21 at 05:17:00 GMT – Monday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 15, 1985
- Age in dog years: 348 dog years old using a Doberman Pinscher breed
- Life path number and meaning: 5 – It represents progress, adventure and opportunity. You possess the curiosity of a cat and long to experience all of life.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Snake
- Eastern zodiac element: Water
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: April 24, 1966 (+142)
- Worst compatible birthday: July 8, 1931 (-152)
- 1953 world population: 2,682,053,389
- Babies born in 1953: 97,861,773
- Babies born in 1953 every day: 268,114
- Babies born in 1953 every minute: 186
- Popular girl’s name: Mary – 64,372 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Robert – 86,195 babies
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: March 24, 1930 – Steve McQueen, American actor and producer (d. 1980); December 31, 1941 – Sarah Miles, English actress; May 7, 1975 – Martina Topley-Bird, English singer-songwriter.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 1,813