Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of May 1976 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 10 minutes. Enjoy!
May 9, 1976 was a Sunday and it was the 130th day of the year 1976. It was the 19th Sunday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1976 calendar will be in 2032. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Thursday. Next year it will be Saturday and two years from now it will be Sunday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 229 days left before your next birthday. You will be 44 years old when that day comes. There have been 15,842 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 5,281 days or 14.46 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 537 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on October 13 at 21:09:00 GMT – Sunday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 16, 2008.
If a dog named Shanti - a Treeing Tennessee Brindle breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 213 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Shanti will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Shanti will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1924Bulat Okudzhava
- 1930Joan Sims
- 1936Albert Finney
- 1936Glenda Jackson
- 1944Richie Furay
- 1946Candice Bergen
- 1951Alley Mills
- 1953Amy Hill
- 1973Chu Sang-mi
- 1992Chris Gutierrez
View the complete list of May 9 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 9.
- 1763János Batsányi, Hungarian-Austrian poet and author (d. 1845)
- 1895Lucian Blaga, Romanian poet, playwright, and philosopher (d. 1961)
- 1931Vance D. Brand, American pilot, engineer, and astronaut
- 1945Gamal El-Ghitani, Egyptian journalist and author (d. 2015)
- 1946Candice Bergen, American actress and producer
- 1949Billy Joel, American singer-songwriter and pianist (The Hassles and Attila)
- 1961Sean Altman, American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Rockapella)
- 1965Steve Yzerman, Canadian ice hockey player and manager
- 1980Angela Nikodinov, American figure skater
- 1991Stasija Rage, Latvian figure skater
View the complete list of May 9 famous birthdays.
What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Shelby’s personality and get smart about names today. (Sponsored links)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1864Second Schleswig War: The Danish navy defeats the Austrian and Prussian fleets in the Battle of Heligoland.
- 1887Buffalo Bill Cody’s Wild West Show opens in London.
- 1918World War I: Germany repels Britain’s second attempt to blockade the port of Ostend, Belgium.
- 1927The Australian Parliament first convenes in Canberra.
- 1940World War II: The German submarine U-9 sinks the French coastal submarine Doris near Den Helder.
- 1960The Food and Drug Administration announces it will approve birth control as an additional indication for Searle’s Enovid, making Enovid the world’s first approved oral contraceptive pill.
- 1961FCC Chairman Newton N. Minow gives his Wasteland Speech.
- 1980In Florida, Liberian freighter MV Summit Venture collides with the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay, making a 1,400-ft. section of the southbound span collapse. Thirty-five people in six cars and a Greyhound bus fall 150 ft. into the water and die.
- 1992Armenian forces capture Shusha, marking a major turning point in the Nagorno-Karabakh War.
- 2001In Ghana, 129 football fans die in what became known as the Accra Sports Stadium disaster. The deaths are caused by a stampede (caused by the firing of teargas by police personnel at the stadium) that followed a controversial decision by the referee.
View the complete list of May 9 historical events.
Curious about this Pearly Delight? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 9, and 1976 reveal that your Life Path number is 1. It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Marie-Anne-Catherine Quinault, Kiefer Sutherland, Bow Wow, Henry Cosby, Tommy Sands, Milton Berle, Otis Williams, Monty Norman, Scott Mechlowicz, Tevin Campbell.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 9 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Fire is the Eastern element of a person born on May 9, 1976.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Sunday’ is topaz.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th May 1976 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on December 31, 1967. You have a Love Match compatibility score of +132. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on January 18, 2000. Your incompatibility score is -169. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
Q: What do you call a person who shares the same birthday?
A: Birthday twins – easy!
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 4,160,185,010. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Boogie Fever by The Sylvers as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 15, 1976). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Southern Africa approximately on 800. Your profession was writer, dramatist, organizer of rituals.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Ruthless character, carefully weighing your decisions in critical situations, with excellent self-control and strong will. Generally liked, but not always loved.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson – to study, to practice and to use wisdom, enclosed in psychological sciences, and in ancient manuscripts. With strong faith and hard work you will reach your real destiny in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 121,620,578 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1976. The estimated number of babies born on 9th May 1976 is 332,297. That’s equivalent to 231 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jennifer. This name was given to 59,474 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 66,964 times in the year 1976. Any chance you are Jennifer or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 9” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 9, 1976. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 130th day of 1976
- Day of week: Sunday
- Day of week birthstone: Topaz
- Week index: 19th Sunday of 1976
- Next same calendar year: 2032
- Day of week this year: Thursday
- Day of week next year: Saturday
- Day of week in 2021: Sunday
- Days until next birthday: 229 days
- Age on next birthday: 44 years old
- Days since birth: 15,842 days
- Days spent sleeping: 5,281 days
- Years spent sleeping: 14.46 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 537
- Next full moon: October 13 at 21:09:00 GMT – Sunday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 16, 2008
- Age in dog years: 213 dog years old using a Treeing Tennessee Brindle breed
- Life path number and meaning: 1 – It represents initiative, potential and singularity. You are a born leader. You insist on your right to make up your own mind; you demand freedom of thought and action.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Fire
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: December 31, 1967 (+132)
- Worst compatible birthday: January 18, 2000 (-169)
- 1976 world population: 4,160,185,010
- Number one song: Boogie Fever by The Sylvers (May 15, 1976)
- Babies born in 1976: 121,620,578
- Babies born in 1976 every day: 332,297
- Babies born in 1976 every minute: 231
- Popular girl’s name: Jennifer – 59,474 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 66,964 babies
- Roman numerals: IX.V.MCMLXXVI
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 7, 1947 – Tony Thomas, American screenwriter and producer; February 19, 1963 – Jessica Tuck, American actress; August 11, 1902 – Lloyd Nolan, American actor (d. 1985).
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,091