Here are some snazzy birthday facts about 9th of May 1988 that no one tells you about. Don’t wait a minute longer and jump in using the content links below. Average read time of 11 minutes. Enjoy!
May 9, 1988 was a Monday and it was the 130th day of the year 1988. It was the 19th Monday of that year. The next time you can reuse your old 1988 calendar will be in 2044. Both calendars will be exactly the same! This is assuming you are not interested in the dates for Easter and other irregular holidays that are based on a lunisolar calendar.
The day of the week of your birthday this year was Monday. Next year it will be Tuesday and two years from now it will be Thursday. You can check the calendars below if you’re planning what to do on your birthday.
There are 307 days left before your next birthday. You will be 35 years old when that day comes. There have been 12,476 days from the day you were born up to today. If you’ve been sleeping 8 hours daily since birth, then you have slept a total of 4,159 days or 11.39 years. You spent 33% of your life sleeping. Since night and day always follow each other, there were precisely 422 full moons after you were born up to this day. How many of them did you see? The next full moon that you can see will be on July 13 at 18:39:00 GMT – Wednesday.
Fun stat: Your first one billion seconds (1,000,000,000) happened sometime on January 16, 2020.
If a dog named Oso - a Chesapeake Bay Retriever breed, was born on the same date as you then it will be 173 dog years old today. A dog’s first human year is equal to 15 dog years. Dogs age differently depending on breed and size. When you reach the age of 6 Oso will be 42 dog years old. From that point forward a medium-sized dog like Oso will age 4.5 dog years for every human year.
Wanna share this info in social media? Make sure to take a screenshot first. Dog name and breed are randomly generated. Try reloading this page to see a new pet name and a different breed.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
You might be happy to know that the following celebrities share your birthday. The list was randomly chosen and arranged in chronological order.
- 1924Bulat Okudzhava
- 1936Glenda Jackson
- 1937Sonny Curtis
- 1939Pierre Desproges
- 1944Richie Furay
- 1945Steve Katz
- 1949Billy Joel
- 1985Audrina Patridge
- 1993Ryosuke Yamada
- 1997Zane Huett
View the complete list of May 9 celebrity birthdays.
Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Just for fun! Try your love match score with anyone. Even officemates, schoolmates, or find out the score for your parents and relatives. Don’t limit yourself – you can also pair yourself with any celebrity. It’s a FREE report. Nothing to buy!
Here’s a short list of famous people in history who were born on May 9.
- 1884Valdemar Psilander, Danish actor (d. 1917)
- 1907Fred Warngård, Swedish hammer thrower (d. 1950)
- 1916William Pène du Bois, American author and illustrator (d. 1993)
- 1918Moisis Michail Bourlas, Greek soldier and educator (d. 2011)
- 1950Matthew Kelly, English actor and presenter
- 1953Amy Hill, American actress
- 1977Choi Jung-yoon, South Korean actress
- 1977Svein Tuft, Canadian cyclist
- 1978Leandro Cufré, Argentinian footballer
- 1979Pierre Bouvier, Canadian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Simple Plan and Reset)
View the complete list of May 9 famous birthdays.
Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JPRPQEEDAUA? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters JPRPQEEDAUA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
These were the events that made history that coincide with your birthday.
- 1864Second Schleswig War: The Danish navy defeats the Austrian and Prussian fleets in the Battle of Heligoland.
- 1877Mihail Kogălniceanu reads, in the Chamber of Deputies, the Declaration of Independence of Romania. This day became the Independence Day of Romania.
- 1901Australia opens its first parliament in Melbourne.
- 1911The works of Gabriele D'Annunzio are placed in the Index of Forbidden Books by the Vatican.
- 1941World War II: The German submarine U-110 is captured by the Royal Navy. On board is the latest Enigma machine which Allied cryptographers later use to break coded German messages.
- 1945World War II: Ratification in Berlin-Karlshorst of the German unconditional surrender of May 8 in Rheims, France, with the signatures of Marshal Georgy Zhukov for the Soviet Union, and for the Western Headquarters Sir Arthur Tedder, British Air Marshal and Eisenhower’s deputy, and for the German side of Colonel-General Hans-Jürgen Stumpff as the representative of the Luftwaffe, Field Marshal Wilhelm Keitel as the Chief of Staff of OKW, and Admiral Hans-Georg von Friedeburg as Commander-in-Chief of the Kriegsmarine.
- 1948Czechoslovakia’s Ninth-of-May Constitution comes into effect.
- 1987LOT Flight 5055 Tadeusz Kościuszko crashes after takeoff in Warsaw, Poland, killing all 183 people on board.
- 2002The 38-day stand-off in the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem comes to an end when the Palestinians inside agree to have 13 suspected terrorists among them deported to several different countries.
- 2015Russia stages its biggest ever military parade in Moscow’s Red Square to commemorate the 70th anniversary of Victory Day.
View the complete list of May 9 historical events.
Curious about this Glazed White Pearl? This is a party item you can activate and send to your friends when you play the free game Jump Birthday Party. It’s a fun and easy-to-play mobile game for all ages. Get free 1,000 gold coins when you download today!
Your birthday numbers 5, 9, and 1988 reveal that your Life Path number is 22. It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
The following celebrities also have the same life path number: Shaun Ryder, Peter Keleghan, Richard Curtis, Raye Birk, Ahmet Özhan, Mallu Magalhães, Samantha Harris, George O. Petrie, Danny Salomon, Daniel Petrie.
The Western zodiac or sun sign of a person born on May 9 is Taurus ♉ (The Bull) – a fixed sign with Earth as Western element. The ruling planet is Venus – the planet of love and beauty. According to the ancient art of Chinese astrology (or Eastern zodiac), Dragon is the mythical animal and Earth is the Eastern element of a person born on May 9, 1988.
Emerald is the modern birthstone for the month of May while Sapphire is the mystical birth stone (based on Tibetan origin). The zodiac gemstone for Taurus is sapphire. Lastly, the birthday stone for the day of the week ‘Monday’ is pearl.
Fun fact: The birth flower for 9th May 1988 is Lily of the Valley for purity.
When it comes to love and relationship, you are most compatible with a person born on February 19, 1992. You have a Birthday Compatibility score of +152. Imagine being in love with your soul mate. On the negative side, you are most incompatible with a person born on August 5, 1988. Your score is -175. You’ll be like a cat and a dog on a love-hate relationship. Arf-arf, I want to bite you. Meow-meow, stay away from me!
Did someone send you this link? Here’s a birthday wish just for you! Don’t forget to thank the kind soul who sent you this ninja page.
TIP: Click the image above if you want to save the high quality version for posting to social media like Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. You can also get a new random wish if you want to (the page will reload).
In a room of 23 people there’s a 50% chance of two individuals having the same birthday (month and day only and not a leap year). The chance increases to 99.9% if there are 70 people in the room. You need at least 253 people in the room if you want someone to have the same birthday as you with 50% probability. This is called the birthday paradox or birthday problem. Try it out on your classroom, office, or sports team and confirm how many people share the same birthday.
Fun stat: The world population in the year of your birth is 5,114,557,167. (U.S. Census Bureau)
The number-one hit song in the U.S. at the day of your birth was Anything for You by Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine as compiled by Billboard Hot 100 (May 14, 1988). Ask your parents if they know this popular song.
I do not know how you feel about this, but you were a female ♀ in your last earthly incarnation. You were born somewhere around the territory of Yukon approximately on 1325. Your profession was leader, major, captain.
Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, waited until that life to be liberated. Sometimes environment considered you strange.
Lessons that your last past life brought to present: It always seemed to you, that your perceptions of the world are somewhat different. Your lesson – to trust your intuition as your best guide in present life.
Can you remember who you were?
Base on the data published by the United Nations Population Division, an estimated 139,142,510 babies were born throughout the world in the year 1988. The estimated number of babies born on 9th May 1988 is 380,171. That’s equivalent to 264 babies every minute. Try to imagine if all of them are crying at the same time.
In the United States, the most popular baby name is Jessica. This name was given to 51,538 baby girls. For the boys it’s Michael. This name was recorded 64,133 times in the year 1988. Any chance you are Jessica or Michael? (Source: ssa.gov)
What’s your bizarre Florida Man story? The #FloridaManChallenge is breaking the Internet and social media. Some crazy men, women, or creatures from the Sunshine State are making headlines every day of the year including your birthday. Try this fun exercise. Pick your search engine of choice and type in “florida man May 9” and see what kind of wild news headline you will get. This viral craze started in 2013 and gets resurrected now and then. The latest was from Tumblr and found its way to Twitter. As they say, the rest is history.
Your birthday in Roman numerals using DD.MM.YYYY notation is:
Here’s a quick list of all the fun birthday facts about May 9, 1988. Celebrities, famous birthdays, historical events, and past life were excluded.
- Day index: 130th day of 1988
- Day of week: Monday
- Day of week birthstone: Pearl
- Week index: 19th Monday of 1988
- Next same calendar year: 2044
- Day of week this year: Monday
- Day of week next year: Tuesday
- Day of week in 2024: Thursday
- Days until next birthday: 307 days
- Age on next birthday: 35 years old
- Days since birth: 12,476 days
- Days spent sleeping: 4,159 days
- Years spent sleeping: 11.39 years
- Part of life spent sleeping: 33%
- Full moons since birth: 422
- Next full moon: July 13 at 18:39:00 GMT – Wednesday
- First one billion seconds: Sometime on January 16, 2020
- Age in dog years: 173 dog years old using a Chesapeake Bay Retriever breed
- Life path number and meaning: 22 – It is a master number that represents practical idealism and material mastery. You were born under the most powerful and potentially the most successful of all Life Path numbers.
- Western zodiac sign: Taurus ♉ (The Bull)
- Western zodiac element: Earth
- Western zodiac sign quality: Fixed
- Western zodiac ruling planet: Venus – the planet of love and beauty
- Western zodiac gemstone: Sapphire
- Eastern zodiac animal: Dragon
- Eastern zodiac element: Earth
- Modern birthstone: Emerald
- Mystical birthstone: Sapphire (based on Tibetan origin)
- Birth flower: Lily of the Valley for purity
- Best compatible birthday: February 19, 1992 (+152)
- Worst compatible birthday: August 5, 1988 (-175)
- 1988 world population: 5,114,557,167
- Number one song: Anything for You by Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine (May 14, 1988)
- Babies born in 1988: 139,142,510
- Babies born in 1988 every day: 380,171
- Babies born in 1988 every minute: 264
- Popular girl’s name: Jessica – 51,538 babies
- Popular boy’s name: Michael – 64,133 babies
- Roman numerals: IX.V.MCMLXXXVIII
Try another birth date of someone you know or try the birthday of these celebrities: December 11, 1991 – Anna Bergendahl, Swedish singer; March 1, 1934 – Joan Hackett, American actress (d. 1983); July 10, 1940 – Helen Donath, American soprano and actress.
Don’t forget to share the info with your friends, loved ones, or social media followers. Who knows, they might appreciate and thank you for it.
Word count: 2,192